Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I recently sold a higher end Dakota rifle I had listed at $2400 with great wood. I as offered $1500 for it.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Whats ye bottom dollar own hit? Would you take some headers for a small block and my ninja star collection in trade?

well that all depends, how many ninja stars we talkin about? grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
June 1, 2013
Re: Favorite 2x7 Scope? [Re: 260Remguy]
gunswizard
Campfire Ranger

"Leupold Vari-XII, I have them on all three of my centerfire rifles."

Wow! With that kind of collection, you really are a Guns Wizard!!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
You all can pm me any offers you want on my classifieds. I'll eventually find a selling price or not. Business is business, if you think my price is too high don't buy it. If you think it's too low, you better jump on it, because if you're right someone else will.

Business does not include ruining someone's classified with your opinions. That's the act of a little self important POS.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hate the "what's the lowest you will take" I always answer with "what's the most you'll give me". I wouldn't want to say 900 when you had 1100 in mind. Same way with negotiating salary.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kinda funny seeing a post about etiquette on the campfire forum as there are a vocal minority of posters here that have absolutely no manners.

As to being offended by lowball offers, I know where you are coming from. I've had those occasionally and do find them offensive when its an item I've priced reasonably.

It's pretty simple, all you have to do is respond with a no thanks I can't let it go for that.

If it's a cheapskate jerk who thinks he can bully you into getting whatever crazy low price he wants, well there is a percentage of folks that fall in that category. Such is life when dealing with the public.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't mind offers. Some things I just want to get rid of. If someone gives me something for it, great. That's why I ask my wife for some lovin'. There is a one in billion shot that she'll say yes.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yep, and then some guys get offended because they say they will take something if it had this, that, and etc. Then they get PO'd when another guy just PM's he will take it period. The first guy then has got mad because he said he would take it, but had stipulations.
When I post something, I state what it is what, kind of condition and what I want for it. If you come back and ask a lot of questions or offer less, and some other guy in between says he will take it. You just lost out.

I had a guy on here claiming I was dishonest about it and not to call him if the one guy backed out. Hell. I wouldn't sell it to him for that anyway.
If sell something and it isn't what I claim, I will stand behind the sale, Money back,no questions.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If its something you want, you have to make an offer..Its just that simple

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
You all can pm me any offers you want on my classifieds. I'll eventually find a selling price or not. Business is business, if you think my price is too high don't buy it. If you think it's too low, you better jump on it, because if you're right someone else will.

Business does not include ruining someone's classified with your opinions. That's the act of a little self important POS.

I fully agree. Take it or leave it. I can't imagine getting uptight about an offer. A chuckle? Sure.

Running down an ad is another animal entirely.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
IMO on this board its not reasonable to get what your asking IME. What I do is price a little wiggle room into the offered price and go from there.
I have never been offended by an offer. If its too low a simple no is all it takes. Business is business.
OTOH I have never priced things ridiculously high like one sees from time to time.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
This is the stupidest [bleep] I've read today.

You don't like an offer? Turn it down.

For fugg sake....change your panties.

Exactly.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yes the lowball offers are stupid.
I can see offering less if the item was up for days on end with no interest but when it's been up for just an hour or two and the lowball offers come....that's plain idiotic.
And those two low ballers go hand in hand. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have yet to be offended by someone offering me too much money.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guns are for buyin', not sellin'. I thought ever'body knew that.

Sounds like y'all are all a bunch of capitalist pigs.

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kecatt
I'm not wearing any.... grin

grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't usually buy anyone's pre-owned goods/problem child unless I can get it for 1/2 what you're intitial asking price is.

I'm not the one chokin on it and most times I rarely 'need' any damn thing someone else is peddling. So 'wants' are a luxury and I'm looking for a steal just to add some adrenalin to the deal.

In short, you're the [bleep] wanting to sell it, be glad I'm even stopping to stiff. I don't pay full retail or asking for much of anything unless it's purely non negotiable like gasoline.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Guns are for buyin', not sellin'. I thought ever'body knew that.

Sounds like y'all are all a bunch of capitalist pigs.

grin

That'd be "all Y'all"

Sheesh...Texans.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't mind a public lowball offer on anything I'm selling... With the converstaion it will potentially generate, my item will stay close to the top!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cause of crp like this I avoid the classifieds

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 15 invisible), 1,813 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,897
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.