Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How many spotted owls can live in a burned out forest?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
grin grin grin

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Shortside: I can't do anything to save your home (I am 66 years old and 200 miles away) but I can offer you and your family a place to live right here in my 5,400 square foot home if the need should arise!
I pray that your home will be spared!
Fires literally surround us here in SW Montana but the forests are sparse and seperated by large valleys and plains.
You all would be safe here with us.
We have 3 unused bedrooms, a sauna, and a hot tub to relax in.
Let me know when you may need to arrive.
My phone numbers are:
(H) 406-683-6888
(C) 206-200-3791
I hold our now "green oriented" (liberal!) forest service partially (significantly!) to blame for the terrible conditions of our forests here in the Rocky Mountain west and the HUGE number of fires so far in this early fire season!
Thankfully you are safe - you will enjoy your stay in Dillon, Montana should the need arise.
If you have children we have wonderful schools here and the year starts on September 3rd.
Call anytime.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG,

Wonderful gesture. It is folks like you and the many others like you that drew me to the Campfire. Everything else (plethora of information, knowledge, and experience) it offers is frosting on the cake.

Best regards,

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

People who evacuated because of the Lolo Creek Complex fire can return home, according to the Saturday morning fire update from incident command.

U.S. Highway 12 has reopened as well, although the speed limit has been reduced to 45 mph between mile markers 20 and 32. No parking or stopping along the roadway is allowed, and motorists should be aware of firefighting equipment, which will also be using the road.

"Visibility this morning is pretty bad because of the fire," said fire information officer Phil Sammon.

Progress on the fire over the past several days led to lifting the evacuation orders and reopening the highway, Sammon said.

Crews were aided in further containing the 10,687-acre blaze Friday by retardant drops along the northwest section of the fire.

Three Hotshot crews were able to control roll-outs on the fire's eastern section, and crews along Highway 12 continued to mop up around homes. Containment on the fire is at 40 percent.

"Most of the containment is along the Highway 12 corridor," Sammon said.

With areas where homes were most threatened better under control, crews' attention will shift Saturday to the northern part of the fire, he said.

Crews will continue to mop up other parts of the fire area and make sure that containment lines hold, he added.

When returning to homes, be aware of any smoke that looks out of place and search for hot spots or embers, Sammon said.

"It could be a hot spot that's flaring up or something like that," he said.

People returning home will see National Guard troops blocking access to forest lands, which remain closed, he said.

Also, people should be aware that a pre-evacuation warning remains in effect. If a slow-moving emergency vehicle with its lights on goes through someone's neighborhood, they will have to evacuate again, he said.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Well more than enough.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Well more than enough.

Thats what i figure too

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bob: Thanks for the kind words. I have been busy the last two days and I am not sure if the house in question has been spared?
I had the range day Hunter Education class today and then went chasing guns.
Yesterday my Hunting partner hiked into our early season high country camp.
Got home to tired to type!
It just started raining here tonight - I hope that helps Shortside's fire danger/threat.
Anyone heard from him?
Fires everywhere!
Dang its gonna be a long fire season.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good job VG. Has anyone heard from Shortside? I PM'd him back when this thread started but haven't heard anything from him or seen him here since.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you all so much. All is well. Our home is safe. We can get back in. It got really close but we are in the clear!

We moved a friends stock back in, and dropped our essentials off at the house. The firefighters watered and fed our chickens and kept the garden alive.

This thread is really something! All the kind words prayers and support are much appreciated. The rest isn't worth the air to argue with.

My family is all safe and sound and that is what matters.

Regards
Matt

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wonderful!!!

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good news Shortside!

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Glad to hear it sir

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great news! Glad all is ok.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Send us some pics !!

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good new SS. Just drove by that area a couple weeks ago to float the Main Salmon in Idaho. Lots of fire damage in the canyon, but still gorgeous.

You're a lucky man to live there!

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure glad to hear the good news. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortside
Thank you all so much. All is well. Our home is safe. We can get back in. It got really close but we are in the clear!

We moved a friends stock back in, and dropped our essentials off at the house. The firefighters watered and fed our chickens and kept the garden alive.

This thread is really something! All the kind words prayers and support are much appreciated. The rest isn't worth the air to argue with.

Regards
Matt

I'm just now reading the good news and am glad to hear your house was spared.

Wish I could buy those firefighters a beer or 3 and look them in the eye to say how impressed I am with their character for even thinking of your garden and livestock in the midst of fighting a raging fire.

Again, glad to hear that your house is OK and hats off to those who work so hard and risk life and limb to fight fires like this and yet still take the time to take care of a stranger's critters and veggies.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortside

Regards
Matt

Matt, that is, indeed, wonderful news!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome home!!

Want To Buy;
Form die for a 7mm Mashburn Super.
.284 Hornady AMax 162gr.
.224 Hornady AMax 75gr.
22-250 bushing die
Bushing die that will work with the 7mm Mashburn Super
A couple Glock 42 380ACP mags
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great news!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 2,242 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,296
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.