Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Funny, I never considered that quantity of game that I am allowed to kill as a measure of great hunting experience. I guess that's why so many folks like buffets and Africa.

Spot on. It does sell licenses....our "management" program is odd. Forget quality, come on with the quantity seems to be the idea.

Golden............
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by DEER_ASSASSIN
Originally Posted by Raeford
Give me quality all day.
I would rather hunt all week with my childhood best friend that now resides 500 miles away and not kill a deer than kill one daily without the quality time spent with him.

i couldnt argure with that at all

Good to see you two bumping barrels. laugh

Eating twinkies and playing Xbox live with Boococky is how I roll!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by davidlea
Funny, I never considered that quantity of game that I am allowed to kill as a measure of great hunting experience. I guess that's why so many folks like buffets and Africa.

Spot on. It does sell licenses....our "management" program is odd. Forget quality, come on with the quantity seems to be the idea.

He gots lots of people to feed down there at the trailer park, he has to be sure to help headhunter out with some of his meat too

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ManConlee

He gots lots of people to feed down there at the trailer park, he has to be sure to help headhunter out with some of his meat too

Damn, that's so wrong smile

Golden............
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

The quantity of game has nothing to do with the quality of the hunt. Some of the best hunts I have ever had was with my son and we killed nothing but time.
HOWEVER having the opportunity to kill so much game does provide the opportunity to have many more great memories and many more hunts with friends

for example
you live in a one buck state and you kill a nice one early season most hunters are done a select few will harvest a doe. IMO that is ho hum.

I enjoy hunting sept to jan all over public and private land having a good time.

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Hunting the western states like Wyoming has terrific beauty but My older aching knees really appreciate the gentle rolling hills of middle Tennessee. The nice open fields with small wooded areas makes life much more enjoyable for me. The deer are plentiful if not monsters. My freezer is full with healthy venison and we share with some who no longer have the opportunity to hunt. There is very little public hunting land in Tennessee so you develope good friendships with the farmers over the years. The hunters are friendly and help each other.
6 weeks of deer hunting with gun plus archery. Squirrel season is already open if you can stand the mosquitoes and flies this early. There are 2 seasons for Turkey and plenty of time for predators.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I enjoy hunting here in Tn also but I think 3 buck limit needs to be dropped to two but that is just my opinion. But I also live in far east Tn where a lot of you live in west Tn where from what I been told deer are every where there.

Tater
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by pseshooter300
I enjoy hunting here in Tn also but I think 3 buck limit needs to be dropped to two but that is just my opinion. But I also live in far east Tn where a lot of you live in west Tn where from what I been told deer are every where there.

i have hunted in knox county and loudon co and been successful and saw quite a few deer. I go once a year in DEC when you can kill a doe. But i will say this the terrain can be rough no question.

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunt_4646
There is very little public hunting land in Tennessee so you develope good friendships with the farmers over the years. The hunters are friendly and help each other.

I would respectfully disagree with my experiences and shared conversations of a few other Tn deer hunters I know as friends.

And I'm sure it's like this in other places:

Tn deer hunters can be some of the most bitter, back biting, jealous, conniving, sniffling, whiny-assed bitches known. They will place tree stands in fence rows facing (and presumably hunting) land they don't have permission to be on, they'll sabotage other hunters' stands with walmart deer corn (Tn is No-Bait state). Steal game cameras and stands; not because they are thieves but because it's part of the head games people play.

They are trespassing, fence cutting ATV riding fatfukk slob huntin somebitches.

They bring their 4 and 5 year old 40 lb kids to "Youth Hunt". Chillrens who can't sit their asses still for 10 minutes somehow weather on in 25f cold for hours and make 200 yard killing shots on 120-130 class deer with 270, 308, 7mm-08. Yeah....what the [bleep] ever.

They exploit the new Telecheck style call in system by falsifying and pre-manufacturing kill tags. So they can poach, roadhunt, spot light or bait in a deer already pre selected from scout cam data.

They make up bullsh!t stories on local chat boards to cover their asses so they can then brag and boast of how immortal-like their hunting skills are. They're coddled, patted on the fanny by website moderators and made to feel special by leagues of dumbsh!t wannabe worshipping clones that drown themselves nightly throughout the TN season with Sundrop and Natty Light waiting for the next installment of Spotted Fawn Massacre # 23 (2 with one arrow) or some other chest beating title.

well, anyway..... laugh
better quit here, I'm startin to come a lil bitter

Good luck Tn Hunters-Be Safe-Use your harness..... or a good steady truck mirror. wink

Note: Can't post this type of expose' on Cliquey Tn sporting websites, I would get the dreaded Ban Hammer lmao. Boooooooo!!!!

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
For me the favorite thing about the long season is the fact that it spreads out the hunters. Used to be that the woods were crawling with hunters during the two week season. Now many hunters get tired and just stop hunting long before the end of the season. I also can be much more selective in harvesting deer with the long season. Thirty years ago most hunters would take a spike or 4-point just to score. Now most will wait for a mature buck while stocking the freezer with our overabundance of does.

Last edited by LeonHitchcox; 08/31/13.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There is very little public hunting land in Tennessee so you develope good friendships with the farmers over the years.

That's a pretty blanket statement. Actually there is quite abit of public land to hunt in TN in general and in E TN in particular.
There is well over 600,000 acres just in the Cherokee National forest alone. Catoosa has 80,000. Big south fork is over 125'000 acres and that's just a few of the available public lands. There is alot more outside of the twra like TVA lands too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
75% of Stewart Co alone is owned by one or more (about a dozen) different federal and state agencies. Ft. Campbell goobles up a 1/3 of Montgomery.

And that's another thing govt lands around here, you don't get pack up your rock crawlers and go have a friggin Burning Man pot polooza.

They are pricks around here controlling these holdings. Opie and Barney Fife the ranger is quaking in their boots ready for you to pull a jack move.

Anything goes I guess out in the western states.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Your a trespassing poacher anyway so why does this affect you?

PMC Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
There is very little public hunting land in Tennessee so you develope good friendships with the farmers over the years.

That's a pretty blanket statement. Actually there is quite abit of public land to hunt in TN in general and in E TN in particular.
There is well over 600,000 acres just in the Cherokee National forest alone. Catoosa has 80,000. Big south fork is over 125'000 acres and that's just a few of the available public lands. There is alot more outside of the twra like TVA lands too.

Public land may not be right for everybody but I do enjoy the opportunities I have had. Thankfully I have Thousands of acres within a few hours of home.

shhh. be vewy vewy quiet. i'm hunting deer. uhhh uhhh uhhhh.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
I would respectfully disagree with my experiences and shared conversations of a few other Tn deer hunters I know as friends.

And I'm sure it's like this in other places:

Tn deer hunters can be some of the most bitter, back biting, jealous, conniving, sniffling, whiny-assed bitches known. They will place tree stands in fence rows facing (and presumably hunting) land they don't have permission to be on, they'll sabotage other hunters' stands with walmart deer corn (Tn is No-Bait state). Steal game cameras and stands; not because they are thieves but because it's part of the head games people play.

They are trespassing, fence cutting ATV riding fatfukk slob huntin somebitches.

They bring their 4 and 5 year old 40 lb kids to "Youth Hunt". Chillrens who can't sit their asses still for 10 minutes somehow weather on in 25f cold for hours and make 200 yard killing shots on 120-130 class deer with 270, 308, 7mm-08. Yeah....what the [bleep] ever.

They exploit the new Telecheck style call in system by falsifying and pre-manufacturing kill tags. So they can poach, roadhunt, spot light or bait in a deer already pre selected from scout cam data.

They make up bullsh!t stories on local chat boards to cover their asses so they can then brag and boast of how immortal-like their hunting skills are. They're coddled, patted on the fanny by website moderators and made to feel special by leagues of dumbsh!t wannabe worshipping clones that drown themselves nightly throughout the TN season with Sundrop and Natty Light waiting for the next installment of Spotted Fawn Massacre # 23 (2 with one arrow) or some other chest beating title.

well, anyway..... laugh
better quit here, I'm startin to come a lil bitter

Good luck Tn Hunters-Be Safe-Use your harness..... or a good steady truck mirror. wink

Note: Can't post this type of expose' on Cliquey Tn sporting websites, I would get the dreaded Ban Hammer lmao. Boooooooo!!!!
You have some serious issues.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just hang my stands Stoney!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Hanged 4 ladder stands two days ago. Today I'm drenched in Caladryl 'cause my dumbass did not use any repellent. The chiggers got me from head to toe & everywhere in-between.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PMC
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Public land may not be right for everybody but I do enjoy the opportunities I have had. Thankfully I have Thousands of acres within a few hours of home.

I do almost all of my hunting on public lands in Middle Tennessee. I am thankful to have so much of it at my disposal, within a reasonable drive. I hunt Cheatham, Catoosa, LBL regularly and I plan to visit Ft Campbell this year. While the amount of it is nothing like some of the Western states, it's a whole lot better situation than some other States.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Looks like somebody has a stalker . Tick Tock when will it lock!
http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ub...mp;Number=3349360&page=1#Post3349360

Last edited by ManConlee; 09/08/13.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Hanged 4 ladder stands two days ago. Today I'm drenched in Caladryl 'cause my dumbass did not use any repellent. The chiggers got me from head to toe & everywhere in-between.

Well, caladryl is for poison ivy, won't do squat for chiggers, nothing will really, except dousing/powdering yourself with some sulpher next time you head back to that area.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (1Longbow, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 30 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,783
Posts18,536,223
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.