Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
All they were supposedly there for was to get water samples.
This is your new EPA and this is your new federal government...

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...ken-cry-foul-over-heavy-handed-epa-raids

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
got up last night, and read that. What more proof do any of us need that the law enforcement problem is out of control?
Miners are damn lucky that the EPA SWAT team did not just kill them.
EPA says they had to use the SWAT team because of drug activity and 'human trafficking' activity in the area. That was a huge surprise to Alaskan officials that were not aware of those complications. EPA offered no proof anyway.
It all comes back to 'if you got 'em, use 'em'. Exercising those SWAT teams seems to be what is going on. Again, and again, and again.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
got up last night, and read that. What more proof do any of us need that the law enforcement problem is out of control?
Miners are damn lucky that the EPA SWAT team did not just kill them.
EPA says they had to use the SWAT team because of drug activity and 'human trafficking' activity in the area. That was a huge surprise to Alaskan officials that were not aware of those complications. EPA offered no proof anyway.
It all comes back to 'if you got 'em, use 'em'. Exercising those SWAT teams seems to be what is going on. Again, and again, and again.
+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
By what authority do they have SWAT teams in the first place?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The EPA is causing this country more harm than any other individual Federal entity. People don't care, including those on this forum. Unfortunately, the mailman and city cop are the only "government" that simpletons can grasp.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good leaders keep the bad people suppressed.
Bad leaders bring out the worst of the bad people.

We have had a bad leader for a few years now.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Unfortunately, the mailman and city cop are the only "government" that simpletons can grasp.

That "big picture" view doesn't extend much past the front door.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Seems like anyone involved in "human trafficking" would chose some place with a few more humans than you'd find in Chicken. I can't imagine drug dealers would find much profit in dealing out of an area as remote as Chicken. The police, aka blue mafia, are out of control in this country.

Mart

Last edited by mart; 09/05/13.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mart
Seems like anyone involved in "human trafficking" would chose some place with a few more humans than you'd find in Chicken. I can't imagine drug dealers would find much profit in dealing out of an area as remote as Chicken. The police, aka blue mafia, are out of control in this country.

Mart

I have some friends that have been or still are officers of the law. A great bunch of guys. But they have to be wondering WTF is happening to the brothers around them. The whole thing is out of control and does not support what it is supposed to anymore.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've had a tire soaking in gasoline for a few days. Time for another fire.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You guys realize that the IRS has M16s now? I shudder to think what it is like to be audited these days.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
and how timely, this morning, up pops an example of where an EPA SWAT team was needed, but was just not there.
link to story
Former senior EPA adviser Beale expected to plead guilty in $900,000 pay fraud
By Ann E. Marimow and Lenny Bernstein, Published: September 4 E-mail the writers

Over the past 12 years, John C. Beale was often away from his job as a high-level staffer at the Environmental Protection Agency. He cultivated an air of mystery and explained his lengthy absences by telling his bosses that he was doing top-secret work, including for the CIA.

For years, apparently, no one checked.

Now, Beale is charged with stealing nearly $900,000 from the EPA by receiving pay and bonuses he did not deserve. He faces up to three years in prison.

Beale, 64, who was a senior policy adviser in the Office of Air and Radiation, is expected to plead guilty at a hearing scheduled for Monday at U.S. District Court in Washington.

�This is a situation where one individual went to great lengths to deceive and defraud the U.S. government,� said EPA spokeswoman Alisha Johnson.

Beale�s attorney, John W. Kern, declined to comment on the case, as did a spokesman for U.S. Attorney Ronald C. Machen Jr.

At agency headquarters on Pennsylvania Avenue, Beale fostered an enigmatic image. He frequently traveled to China, South Africa and England, according to several people who worked with him. He would describe his trips and mention a lingering case of malaria.

The Arlington County resident told colleagues that his stints away from the office were for �sensitive work for another agency,� according to an official familiar with the situation who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the case is pending.

�I even asked him about it, as a joke,� said a person who knows Beale through work on environmental issues and spoke on condition of anonymity because of the pending charges. �We all actually believed that maybe there was something going on. He just kind of laughed it off.�

In recent weeks, people who work on environmental issues inside and outside the agency have learned of Beale�s alleged deceit and the matter has taken on some political weight.

Sen. David Vitter (La.), the top Republican on the Environment and Public Works Committee, called the alleged scheme a �massive fraud� and has demanded additional investigation by the inspector general to determine whether the alleged corruption extends further in the agency that protects the nation�s air, water and land.

Vitter said Beale had worked for Gina McCarthy, who now leads the EPA, for at least part of the time that he allegedly stole agency funds. The Louisiana Republican had threatened to filibuster McCarthy�s nomination to lead the agency over an unrelated matter.

McCarthy�s defenders said privately that she discovered the alleged activity and brought it to the attention of the authorities. She later forced Beale to retire in April 2013, according to a person familiar with the investigation. When he left, his base salary was $164,700.

Throughout the alleged scheme, which federal prosecutors said began in 2000, Beale appears to have acted alone, according to people close to the case.

The charges against Beale came in a three-page �criminal information,� which can only be filed with a defendant�s cooperation and signals that a plea agreement has been reached.

More details about how Beale carried out the alleged long-running scheme and exactly how much time he took off while still being paid are expected to emerge at his hearing before Magistrate Judge John M. Facciola.

Starting in about 2000, and continuing through Republican and Democratic administrations, court papers indicate that Beale was paid for work he never performed for the agency.

He received a salary, benefits and �retention incentive� bonuses �for which Beale had not earned by providing employment services to the EPA,� Assistant U.S. Attorney James E. Smith said in the court papers filed on Aug. 23.

The U.S. attorney�s office is seeking to recover $507,207 in a judgement against Beale. A separate restitution order for additional funds could be filed separately.

It is unclear whether Beale has the ability to repay the government. Property records show that Beale bought his 4,100-square-foot townhouse near Marymount University in 1996 for $536,000. His wife, Nancy Kete, is a managing director at the Rockefeller Foundation and previously worked for the EPA, according to her biography on the foundation�s Web site.

Phone messages left Wednesday for Beale and his wife were not returned. Beale, who has a master�s degree from Princeton University, began his career at the EPA in the late 1980s. He was intimately involved in the reauthorization of the Clean Air Act in 1990. During the George W. Bush administration, he coordinated the EPA�s discussions and activities on climate change with other agencies and the White House at a senior staff level.

Early on, his air-quality expertise led to many legitimate overseas trips and qualified him for annual bonuses, according to people familiar with the case.

�There was always an aura of mystery surrounding him,� said Frank O�Donnell, president of the environmental nonprofit Clean Air Watch, who was in various meetings with Beale. �He always projected confidence that he could fix any problem.�

Sam......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The EPA is causing this country more harm than any other individual Federal entity. People don't care, including those on this forum. Unfortunately, the mailman and city cop are the only "government" that simpletons can grasp.

I'm with ya brutha!

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
and those local small town police depts can now sign up for a heavily discounted MRAP vehicle. The army is ditching 10,000 of those now that the world is safer,more fuzzy place.

So step up and get your SWAT team starter kit today. We'll toss in some Basset Hound targets and some of those bad ass noisy indoor m-80s too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
folks are pissed up here...state gov is getting in on this "wtf" moment...jack the jack booted thugs

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That's way over the top.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Indeed!

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. If I don't reply further, I'm satisfied with my side of the "debate."
[Linked Image]
...nuff said.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Knowing some miners and understanding their general mentality, I'm amazed that turned out as non-violent as it did.

It seems that almost every govt. agency has it's own police force anymore.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BarryC
By what authority do they have SWAT teams in the first place?
Holder and the AIC..

But, nah - none of the ammo shortage has to do with GOV'T!! The IRS, Dept of Education - they NEED these assault rifles to collect them outstanding student loans, doncha know...

Just wait - he'll be here shortly...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironbender

It seems that almost every govt. agency has it's own police force anymore.
I wonder why .........

Ya think they know what might be a-comin'??? smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1234, 257_X_50, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 56 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.