Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
whats the most comfy gloves anyones found? lookin for a pair for bowhunting and a warmer pair for rifle season. tried on some manzella today and i like the under armour ones just wondering if anyone has found somethn else worth looking at

GB1

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
This is gonna sound weird but I have found some good pairs at the local fish and tackle shop. They're rubber, waterproof and my hands stay warm. Just my opinion

Life's a game, hunting is serious.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
while we are getting weeird, how about go to a golf shop and buy some good golf gloves, they are soft, warm, till it gets real cold, and light and give good grip, on rifle or bowthey come in every color in the world, but no camo.rio7

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear a unlined fingerless fleece glove and keep hand warmers in a muff.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wear those wool glove mittens when it's cold out, man those are awesome.

when its cool 32* and above I wear a pair of brown jersey gloves.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I like the Bass Pro Shops Rut Zone light gloves. They have the index finger tip with some kind of metallic material so you can use a touch screen phone while wearing the gloves.

For stand hunting, I like to wear a lighter glove and then use a hand muff when its cold. You can even put one of the chemical heaters in the muff and keeps your hands toasty warm on the stand while not having to wear a bulky glove.

Chris

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for" Will Rogers
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
i like the golf gloves, until it gets cold then i go with the wool mittens that fold back to expose my fingers, but still wear the golf gloves under mittens.dont knock it until you have tried it, its a little weird but it works.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just go to the Dollar store and get yourself a half dozen pack of brown jersey gloves.

Man and man's best friend still looking at the green side of sod.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wear under armour cold gear liner gloves. They are real light weight but I wear them most of the season here. My hand don't get cold real easy. I also have some lightweight wool gloves that I wear too but seems the under armour ones keep my hands warmer.
[Linked Image]

If it gets really cold, I wear the wool mittens that fold back.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I wear the Sitka shooter gloves; work for gun or bow:

http://www.sitkagear.com/products/whitetail/necessities/shooter-glove

When it gets cold; I wear a pair of polypropylene glove liners inside; good to go down to about 25 degrees.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RIO7
i like the golf gloves, until it gets cold then i go with the wool mittens that fold back to expose my fingers, but still wear the golf gloves under mittens.dont knock it until you have tried it, its a little weird but it works.

Ditto on the wool mittens on stand when cold. i wear plain old jerseys under them.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I like deerskin leather gloves as long as it is not too wet out. I have plain and insulated models. They are not the best gloves in the cold, but I haven't found anything that grips a rifle as well as full leather, and I still have good trigger control if I do need to shoot with them on.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I really like the wool mittens that fold back to half finger gloves. Although, I very seldom actually use the mitten part.

Brandon Gleason
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Army Surplus wool glove liners. When they get too wet, wring them out and they're warm again in a couple minutes. They're about all I wear anymore in any weather, although sitting on a deer stand I will also have a hand warmer muff if it gets too cold.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't wear gloves when I hunt. Just don't like it. I have a hand warmer muff I put on my packill use when my hands get cold.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just like the rest of my clothing. Wool.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Golf gloves large enough for a thin liner. Progressively warmer gloves as the weather dictates. Even in the panhandle, Texas really cold weather usually comes in with the cold fronts. Panhandle nights in the high teens are the normal lows, sans a front, and even more moderate as one drifts on south. Ft. Worth only had three or four freezing nights last year.

The lower Rio Grande Valley seldom freezes. Even Houston is so moderate that they build houses with warer lines in the attic (seemed dumb to me, but much cheaprt to build). A 29* night shuts down commerce, as folks stay home to fight the water breaks the next day or two (those who neglected to cut off water and drain the lines).

But, one of the most miserable nights I ever spent was in a deep east Texas swamp with high humidity and the temperature hovering around +30*. Talk about chilled to the bone! Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I seldom ware gloves unless its really cold.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Watch out for the ones that have magnets in them,messes up your compass readings.

Lakeland,Fl.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,127 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,840
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.