Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
And from where did Assad get the chemical weapons?

Might they have been transferred from Iraq during the reign of Saddam Hussein?

Just askin'.

News over here is carrying stories that the pre-cursor chemicals were exported by British company's, with British Government approval a couple months after the start of the civil war..

The Syrians are well versed in the use of Chemical weapons from their mentors, the Russians.

Remember, in the Russian military, chemical weapons are routinely deployed, and seen as just another weapons system to be used "business as usual".. Even in training, the Russians use live chemical weapons and are prepared to accept a certain level of fatalities...

Its highly likely Syrian military have trained along side the Russians and have similar doctrine for their use..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It really doesn't matter who gassed who. It's a good possibility that the rebels did it with Iran's assistance. Knowingly or unknowingly.

I do think Iran is looking for an excuse to start across Iraq and head for Israel. They are waiting on the right opportunity to start the Syria situation into high gear. I think Iran wants to test Mr. O and America.

Iran now knows where we stand. We want to stay out of another war and some folks are ready to let Israel go it alone.

Will America intervene when Iran starts to move into Iraq? I have my doubts. Iraq is lost before Iran gets 100 miles in. Jordan will probably fall by simply being outnumbered. Since Jordan and Israel have been at "peace" for some time, The Shiites will show Jordan no mercy. It will be a massacre.

Next is Israel. Will America help? I say it's a 50/50 chance.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by atvalaska
still waiting on a nato report......I bet ol'barry will shoot 1st and get the answer latter.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by temmi
did Assad use chemical weapons?

That is the first question

and the second is

Do we care?

Snake

Answers: 1. Dunno
2 I don't

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pete E
The long and short of it is nobody knows for sure who used those weapons. Lets say from a moment that they were deployed by Government forces, that still doesn't mean it was authorised by senior Government officials..The same can be said for the Rebel "high command"..

Neither side are disciplined in the sense of Western forces..The whole situation is a mess and the West would be advised to let Assad try to regain control..

Bingo - but what's the harm in blowing the [bleep] up so nobody can use it again, possibly against us or our allies? I say blow it up from the sea and air. Do the same to Iran's WMDs. The Israelis will get around to it eventually. Doesn't matter who used the stuff - the fact that it exists in such an unstable, volatile environment is good enough for me. When Assad is gone, whoever moves in to his palace should also have no WMD capability. If the rebels gassed their own people, that just proves they're not to be trusted with bigger stockpiles.

Mule
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder how many folks will be killed if those stockpiles are attacked? There is a reason why Israel has not done this previously and I am betting they will have a real smug smile on their faces if America does thier dirty work for them..

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Assad didn't gas anybody.

I agree. But it sure takes media attention off the IRS and NSA doesn't it?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys"........P.J. O'Rourke
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And Obamacare�

Enough of this foreign fiasco distraction. Get back to work. It is time to bomb Obamacare.... http://t.co/60rpaGbNRY
http://twitter.com/@SarahPalin...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right? Obama just averted WWIII by utilizing his superior fortitude and diplomatic expertise. Accept it...the rest of the country will.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't believe he did

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A snip from CNN.
_____

"President Obama admitted that he had been discussing the international option on Syria with Putin since last year.

It turns out that all of the people on the left and right who were fooled by the pundits and hosts on cable news into believing that war was just around the corner were absolutely, completely, totally, utterly wrong. War is not around the corner. In fact, President Obama had a strategy to get Syria to the table. That strategy was to get the United States talking about striking Syria by asking Congress for authorization.

If President Obama wanted to strike Syria, he could have done so at any time. He didn�t, because military action in Syria was not what he wanted. The president wanted Syria to surrender their chemical weapons to the international community, and the best way to get Russia to listen was to turn up the heat by letting Congress debate a potential military strike on Syria.

Obama is going to keep the pressure on Assad by letting the congressional debate take center stage for the next several weeks. The best way for Congress to avoid military strikes in Syria, while keeping Assad at the table would be to seriously consider authorizing the strikes. If Congress really wants to scare the pants off of Assad, they�ll authorize the strikes.

If you don�t think the strikes will have an impact, ask yourself why is Assad trying to sway the Congress and American public opinion away from them? The reality is that Assad knows that strikes will do major damage to his forces. This is why wants nothing more than to keep the rest of the world out of Syria.

President Obama may end up getting exactly what he wanted without firing a single missile, and he may very well get Syria�s chemical weapons destroyed. Obama has no interest in getting the country involved in a civil war in Syria, but the president will not stand by and let chemical weapons be used on civilians.

Barack Obama came up with a brilliant strategy. He may end up outsmarting everyone without risking a single American life, or another dollar on military action."

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Come to think about it, Obama may get another Nobel Peace Prize out of this.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
But I thought the rebels had the gas.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everybody has gas.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Everybody has gas.

========

Hard to refute that.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No offense to you Pat, but that's about stupidest article ever.

Anyone that believes "Barack Obama came up with a brilliant strategy" is out of their phuggin' mind. Kerry responded to a reporter's question about what could be done to avoid a US strike with the "turn over the chemical weapons" in an off the cuff remark.

There's no way in hell this was discussed or planned. A Russian diplomat seized the opportunity to jump on this Kerry's remark in a stroke of brilliance.

Hussein was lying through his teeth when he said he discussed this with Putin. He very carefully worded his statement saying that they had been discussing political solutions but implied that this option was planned.

BS. He's doing what he does best. Lie.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Do you really believe Pat had any faith whatsoever in that article?

William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well, I'm a born skeptic, and I don't believe any information put out by the Feds, politicians, etc. None of it. You never know what's twisted, skewed, etc. That goes for international, and domestic issues. I also do not personally care if every single one of them over there vanish from the earth, today.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
None taken. It's not always easy being clairvoyant.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No. Absolutely not. I just wanted to make sure that nobody misunderstood me.

My IQ is running slightly above 100 this morning after two cups of coffee. grin

Whacha wanna debate?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

139 members (2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 24 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.