Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Boomy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Any one who goes up 740(Cement Creek), do you think this trailer can make it past the overhang before the switchback on 740 going up Cement Creek? My bother insists that we saw a couple up in the valley back in 2010, but I remember wondering how the heck they got them up there?
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Boomy; 09/10/13. Reason: Poor title description

Bad decisions make good stories.
GB1

Boomy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Another shot
[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
They drag the heck out of them! When are you going?

Boomy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Second season.
He just bought it (I think new) and insists that we can get it up there. I'm concerned that he'll get it wedged or that we'll have to back it all the way back to the campground

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I will be North of you a bit. Same unit, but guy's went by our camp with a new Aluminum long horse trailer with plexi glass on the windows. Our camp is generally the last camp for trailers and we have had our troubles. When they went by I said" they will be back" about 2 hours went by and a guy came into camp with a 4 wheeler and asked for help. We all went and saw that trailer was hanging off the edge of the road at a 90 degree angle to the truck with a 100 foot drop to some beaver ponds. It was already un packed and the driver was up on the hill sitting with his hands on his face. His buddy was asking if we could some how pull it back up the hill and onto the trail. The answer was no,but your best option was to get in and haul ass and see if it would pull itself back up. The owner wanted nothing to do with anything and his buddy asked my friend to do it. When my friend was getting in the owner came down the hill jumped in and tore off with the big truck and low and behold the trailer popped back up on the trail. I was the bearer of bad news as I informed them there was no where to turn around up the trail with a trailer and the trail just gets worse. I then asked him why the plexi glass on the windows of the solid aluminum horse trailer. He told me they were going to sleep in it!! Talk about a cooler!! I just said good luck and if you need us you know where we are. Somehow they must have gotten turned around because 2 hours later they drove into our camp and gave us a case of beer and headed for the camp area below, where most everyone camps. We do beat our stuff up a little getting in and out, especially if we get weather. Are you hunting both deer and elk?

IC B2

Boomy Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Just elk. This will be my fourth try. No luck yet. In 2010 we were the last ones out and were plowing snow. In 2006 I got altitude sickness up on West Elk and had to move down to Mills Creek half way through. 2000 we were up on West Elk but had a large group from Wisconsin driving the animals like they would back home. All three times I've come up on cows, but never a bull....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (01Foreman400, 338reddog, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 23 invisible), 1,812 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.