Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
dubePA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty interesting and a bit of advertising laced throughout. I recall reading about their shift away from less popular products, but didn't realize it was temporary, as he says.

dubePA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
If not mistaken, manufacturers have been doing "seasonal runs" for many years on certain types of ammo, brass and bullets that are in the lower demand categories?

There was a time when our Walmart had an impressive assortment of "obsolete" cartridges come deer seasons in PA, but those days seem to be gone now, since our Walmart no longer has that pile in the fall.

They were primarily Rem. Core Lokts, but recall seeing many cartridges like 32 Special, 257 Robts, 45-70, 7x57 and many others that one didn't usually find much of on the shelves, the rest of the year.

I've seem similar lists in Jerry's fliers and they were usually listed as "seasonal production" or some such description.

While there are many bullets that might see broader use in different cartridges, figuring cartridge brass might be a different critter altogether, when it comes to limited production runs?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But it seems that most of what they have stopped production on is what I want. .224 75gr A-Max's and .284 162gr A-Max's. I did get lucky and get 8 lbs of I7828 yesterday from Powder Valley so I need to get some more of the 162gr A-Max's. I just got some in from Tanner so I will be good for awhile but they go quickly it seems.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I haven't kept up on the bullet situation.. as I have a supply, but they seem to be showing up in Sportsman's in Casper.. My pal picked up 500 50 gr. Zombie bullets on his way home and 500 40 gr. Vmax .224 also.. I bought the 40 grainers from him for p. dogs for next summer, and told him to get me 500 Zombies for my .222.. You never know when you will have a Zombie attack..

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Powder availability sux here.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yeah, I noticed on Midway that some of the hornady bullets are on a "seasonal" run and unavailable, so I listed some 270 cal 140 gr btsp in the classifieds to help some brothers out. Fotis, I may need some input on what to charge for the Nosler factory seconds I have listed. I know you are in the know wink ..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
dubePA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Scanned Midway's bullet list not long ago and noticed quite a few listed as "seasonal, unavailable". Also noticed that one helluva lot of the bullets are listed as either "unavailable, no backorder" or "unavailable, BO Ok"?

Was ordering some other small parts, figured to puff up the order a bit with some needed bullets, no dice on anything I wanted. Found what I could use at a small local shop, as it turned out. But many small shops in this area have little in stock.

Stopped by Bass Pro last week. One bottle of powder on the shelf. I'd say about 75% of their bullet stash was empty, as well. Zero 22LR, not much other ammo, either.

Never bought much in the way of reloading components there, prices were always better at the small shops.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 1,001 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,800
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.