Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
down in Miami, there are many cars along with bodies, that are pulled out of the canals every year.
The section of the Florida Turnpike on the Western edge of Miami, (called the Turnpike Extension) is notorious for the number of folks that ran off the road, and into the adjoining canal.
Some are not found for years. Some are indeed, the result of foul play, some accidental.

Sam......

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
When we did the widening of RM 620 in Lakeway tx, back in the late 90's early 2000's survey crew found a dude in his jeep. Just run off right of way and hit a tree. Died. Ashe junipers simply closed back up around him. Like a Venus fly trap. Wasn't 30 feet from the edge of pavement! He was there for about 5 years if I remember.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Who gets the 69 Camaro????

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Strange. The question for me is how do two cars with apparently six souls between them end up in the drink next to each other. Suicide pacts?

It's not unusual in places with lots of water. We've cleared lots of missing person cases that way. Somebody sees (or sees where) a car goes in the water and when we dive for it there are others.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A girl I went to school with (she was a couple years younger) died in similar circumstances. Her and her boyfriend were doing the bam-bam and evidently knocked the car out of park. It rolled down the bank into the creek, both drowned. Everyone figured they had run off together, but when the creed went down the next summer, they found the car.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Strange. The question for me is how do two cars with apparently six souls between them end up in the drink next to each other. Suicide pacts?

It's not unusual in places with lots of water. We've cleared lots of missing person cases that way. Somebody sees (or sees where) a car goes in the water and when we dive for it there are others.
Why doesn't anybody mention a serial killer?

Another possibility is some old killer telling his son or protege about a great place to dump a body if he ever needs to.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lake Crescent on the Olympic Peninsula.

http://www.boydski.com/diving/dives/warren_wreck.htm

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ihookem
Who gets the 69 Camaro????
A little Bondo on the front fender and the front's as good as new. The back half might take a few parts from JC Whitney, though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Damn. I was catching a lot of crappie over them two cars.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Similar happened near my home town. Christmas day, 197x, we found a derelict guy about to burn down an uncle's shed that was located out in the middle of nowhere. No shoes, freezing temp's, the guy lost some toes. He was a part of a drug deal gone bad and had made an escape in the night across plowed fields. No sign to be found of his partner, or his car.

Fast forward a decade or more to an extremely dry year. That snag that the ferry occasionally hit and fishermen were always getting hung up on turned out to be the partner's car, complete with the partner's skull with a neat round hole in the forehead.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RRA223
Damn. I was catching a lot of crappie over them two cars.

laugh

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
When we did the widening of RM 620 in Lakeway tx, back in the late 90's early 2000's survey crew found a dude in his jeep. Just run off right of way and hit a tree. Died. Ashe junipers simply closed back up around him. Like a Venus fly trap. Wasn't 30 feet from the edge of pavement! He was there for about 5 years if I remember.

Very similar to and incident off I-20 a few years back. Woman went off the interstate into some thick bushes along the edge of a creek. Fisherman saw her and reported it. LEOs did a drive by, saw nothing. Day or two later fisherman went by again and again reported it, this time in person. Drove with the LEOs to show them where. She hadn't been dead too long. Those bushes have now been removed.

Last edited by websterparish47; 09/19/13.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There was a car that went off the I-10 bridge into the trinity bay awhile back. They sent a diver in to put a hook on the car. The diver found a truck not teen feet from the car with a guy inside who had been missing for 15 years iirc.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Same thing on the slope below Route 9W on the steep mountainside overlooking West Point. IIRC a woman's skeletal remains found in her car in dense brush and woods, apparently ran off of the road, no witnesses. Some time ago, 70's or 80's maybe.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Anybody check the dates for Ted Kennedy's whereabouts? Just sayin

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
About 3 years ago in the Clarion, PA area a car was found on
RT 322 off the road in a wooded area, man inside had been dead
a couple of months. That road is so full of curves that Im suprised that it doesnt happen more often.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can so see me being one of those kids. When we were kids in the late 60's - early 70's we used to go joy-riding around Lake Altus-Lugert which is just a few miles south of Foss. By joy-riding I mean driving through the curves way too fast, if we'd lost it on one of those curves where there wasn't a guard rail it would have been a similar story.

God was very gracious to me in my wild red-neck youth.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had a fellow and his car disappear a few years ago. When they drew down Lake MacBride, they found him in his car. Tracing its route (I think they decided that he had a heart attack) it found its way off the road and managed to go between houses and trees that a person driving would have had to demonstrate some skill to accomplish.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Being on the searching end of some of these, it can be very tough sometimes to find what is reported.

I always wished that the folks that report would stay right there.

Last one was a motorcycle went off in rain... we have yet to find it to this day. Have no clue at all if that is a lost person or they managed to get back up and en route.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,515
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.