Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
EE... I guess you can take umbrage at whatever aspect of a work of fiction you want, but IMHO any zombie book or movie requires such a huge suspension of disbelief to begin with that I can let the "small stuff" slide.

The concept of "walking dead" zombies is so physiologically absurd I can't take any zombie product with any kind of seriousness. I mean, c'mon... we supposedly have dead people who no longer require oxygen or nutrients, but they can still move purposefully (which implies muscle cell metabolism and an organized neurological system which somehow don't require ATP to function... hmmm...), eat healthy/living people, but can be "killed" for good if you bash their rotting brains in or cut off their heads... Riiiiiiiiiiight....

It's just entertainment, take it FWIW and move on.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
kill-joy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
EE... I guess you can take umbrage at whatever aspect of a work of fiction you want, but IMHO any zombie book or movie requires such a huge suspension of disbelief to begin with that I can let the "small stuff" slide.

The concept of "walking dead" zombies is so physiologically absurd I can't take any zombie product with any kind of seriousness. I mean, c'mon... we supposedly have dead people who no longer require oxygen or nutrients, but they can still move purposefully (which implies muscle cell metabolism and an organized neurological system which somehow don't require ATP to function... hmmm...), eat healthy/living people, but can be "killed" for good if you bash their rotting brains in or cut off their heads... Riiiiiiiiiiight....

Exactly, that's always been my problem with "Zack". Okay, I can get past the part that there's a zombie virus that attacks or takes over the brain, but the brain still needs oxygen to function. With no blood circulation or respiration to supply fresh oxygen that virus in the brain isn't going to get very far.

And if their movement is just plain supernatural then we have lots more to worry about with the vampires and werewolves that also inhabit a supernatural world.

Still and all, it's as good a reason as any to have an AR-15 and 50 loaded magazines ready to go... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Still and all, it's as good a reason as any to have an half a dozen AR-15's and 50 200 loaded magazines ready to go... wink

Fixed for ya... 'cause that's how I roll...
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just finished it..not bad!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife and I watched it on Tuesday and enjoyed it. The wife had trouble sleeping afterwards though, I told her if she would have watched more zombie movies before this one, she would have slept like a rock, like I did.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As soon as I posted that I realized the ammo load was a bit too conservative...

Thanks for the update. grin

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nothing I'd buy, but I liked it well enough. Wife said the book was much better.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

Still and all, it's as good a reason as any to have an half a dozen AR-15's and 50 200 loaded magazines ready to go... wink

Fixed for ya... 'cause that's how I roll...
grin

[bleep] now I need more mags mad I'd watch the movie but I can't stand Arm Pitt

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have and it is not your typical zombie flick, my 14 year old Daughter and I enjoyed watching it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
I hate Brad Pitt. I'd rather watch Zombieland again, and see Woody Harrelson make good use of crazy.

Occasionally my Daughter and I get that one out and have a laugh...very amusing flick...as is that silly "Shaun of the dead".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The zombies moved way too fast.

The UN was worshiped

The ending was stupid

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm aware of those things Doc, but the UN is such a despicable institution and one that has done so much to bring this country to the point it is at today that it is still difficult to accept even in such an obvious fictional depiction.

The physiological portions are easy to suspend disbelief on to me anyway, because I just figure that humans have went through periods of gross ignorance before and could do the same at present. That doesn't mean I accept some lame explanation of how stuff works in a book like this.

I found the book much better in the opening chapters and my interest waning the farther I got into it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ConradCA

The UN was worshiped

I'm seeing more movies with a political agenda lately. Seems like they're "softening up the masses" with propoganda about the New World Order. "Now you see me" show about 4 magicians has references to the "Eye of Horace". Made a bunch of references to it.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Can't tell you how many movies I've seen that reference Jesus Christ too, WTFO...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the producers took a barely readable Zed novel, and rendered the story even worse.
Then they hired that little commie prick, Brad Pitt to star in it.
Hell now, I won't be watching.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you want an Honest Trailer of this movie, check this out

Have an A1 Day!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
haha, that was a good trailer.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I looked at the trailer and thought, damn, those zombies are expending an incredible amount of energy. Look at how fast they move!

How many calories are there in the average human brain?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
First ten minutes will make you reconsider how much ammo you carry in your vehicle. Just saying...

Bad decisions make good stories.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 65 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,546
Posts18,491,649
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.