Print Thread
Hop To
Page 197 of 229 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 228 229
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
flave,

The ONLY way a Weatherby can be worth a [bleep],is when it has twin lugs. Howa's is often maligned,though I cain't know why.

I too hear good things about land engagement and it seems to me,that the bullies only have one rifle at best. As per the old adage: "Show me a guy with one rifle...and I'll show someone who don't know a [bleep] thing about rifles or boolits".

Funny how that works.(grin)

BEST Thread Evah!

Eddy,

Tapered expanders used to get to the false shoulder finish line,ain't a bad way to fly.

Everyone [bleep] up sizing(headspace) and seating...which is sumptin' I'll never [bleep] understand,as it's all well beyond obvious.

Happiness is positive resistance,upon a bolt going into battery.

Tanner,

I ain't ever passed a shot because it was "too close" and have certainly powder burned schit...though I'm happy to give it a try.(grin)

Keep hearin' good things about 7mm's myself.

'gwe,

Though I miss the oblivious humor,the Automatic Tranny couldn't add anything germane to the crux...save Imagination or Pretend,which is admittedly both 120lb Tuskers.

Bless her heart.(grin)

dube',

Hell...I remember when folks actually shot things,besides their [bleep] Imaginations.

This New Age of Imagination and Pretend,just might not be my cup of tea.

Laffin'!

'Mooner,

If you ain't never been sprayed with a garden hose...you prolly leaving a few moves left on the table.

Laffin'!

SLM,

If only I could Blurtitude them feelings.

Laffin'!

'slave,

You reckon The Imaginary Pretend Ignore is really "off"?!?

Me neither,the cross-eyed drooling dolts is glued to every word.

Laffin'!

DD,

Them Mousers is a best kept secret.

Give or [bleep] take.(grin)

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Boxer
flave,

The ONLY way a Weatherby can be worth a [bleep],is when it has twin lugs. Howa's is often maligned,though I cain't know why.

I too hear good things about land engagement and it seems to me,that the bullies only have one rifle at best. As per the old adage: "Show me a guy with one rifle...and I'll show someone who don't know a [bleep] thing about rifles or boolits".

Funny how that works.(grin)

BEST Thread Evah!

I love that adage!

I got a keg of RL 15 left, but I don't want to burn it up on this 7.

Maybe Vargay with the 162's?

Thanks for not bullying me. I'd hate for my vagina to fall out onto the floor and make a mess.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Just in case you need it....I'll get you a jar for your birthday...

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He needs to Massengill that box.
Phew.

Have Dog

Will Travel

G
gbp Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Tanner
Eddy is cooking me up a faux-T.i. (kinda) 280 AI. 700 ADL, Rock Rem Sporter at 23" (1-8.5") in a T.i. takeoff. 6x42 with an M1 elevation knob from Sir Flave, and a whole [bleep]-load of 168 VLDs on the bench at home.

I imagine I'll have it dialed in to shoot something really far away come November, and will end up shooting a buck at around 50 yards.

If you need a set of dies for this 280ai let me know, I seem to have an abundance of them

geoff

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Tanner, when the rifle gets put together post your thoughts on those 168's. I bought a couple hundred to toy with and I need a new bullet to commit to since my amax stash was a lot lower than I thought.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

'slave,

You reckon The Imaginary Pretend Ignore is really "off"?!?

Me neither,the cross-eyed drooling dolts is glued to every word.

Laffin'!

Careful....

She could bring down the hammer on us.

P.S. she has her lust eyes on Spano right now.
He pays. BWT! BWT!

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out, the conservative adopts them.
- Notebook, 1898 Mark Twain

There's hope for the .243 yet.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's hope for the .243 yet

+Some! The growin' hordes of kids, wimmin and ol' goats in the ranks of hunters, should oughta keep it alive for at least another 50 years?

That's all I got here? crazy

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'flave,

Vargay won't even kill Slugs,when you sprinkle it on 'em...I've hated the schit from inception and I've never seen it be worth a [bleep] anywhere,despite my having more than one rifle and having suffered more than a buncha pounds of the schit.

In the end,one could prolly stoke that hull with wheat flour and fill tags,as it ain't very particular and may well define "forgiving".

Happiness,is burning your favorite powder,in your favorite chambering,with your favorite boolit and shooting out more than a few barrels in the process.

I've seen me do it.

'gwe,

Don't go slightin' a moistened Beaver.

Laffin'!

'Bag,

You know it's been a rough [bleep] Election,when a guy has to learn to suffer Bergers,with a straight face.

BEST Thread Evah!

'slave,

She's fixin' to bust outta the closet yet again,at any moment.

Poor,poor dumb [bleep]...stuck with a Life sentence of being herself.

No wonder she bitches & moans at every [bleep] opportunity.

Laffin'!

DD,

The .243 has yet to ever need hope.(grin)

dube',

It'd be IMPOSSIBLE to quench .243" momentum.

Hoping some day to save enough loot,to have one myself.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
'flave,

Vargay won't even kill Slugs,when you sprinkle it on 'em...I've hated the schit from inception and I've never seen it be worth a [bleep] anywhere,despite my having more than one rifle and having suffered more than a buncha pounds of the schit.

In the end,one could prolly stoke that hull with wheat flour and fill tags,as it ain't very particular and may well define "forgiving".

Happiness,is burning your favorite powder,in your favorite chambering,with your favorite boolit and shooting out more than a few barrels in the process.

I've seen me do it.

[bleep]. I just bought 10lbs of it... Laughin'...

Oh well. Should have it back in a couple weeks and I'll report then. Thanks Mr. Boxer.

Travis

PS- I turned the censorship off. You can spell [bleep] S-H-I-T.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Rough election and bad organizational skills lead to my shortage of Amax's in the fall.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your camera broke?

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not a big fan of Vargay either. It works, middle of the road for everything I've ever tried it with. It don't excel with any. I reckon if I wanted to avoid the day to day drudgery of load development with chitt that does excel I could use Vargay. I'm pretty sure it would do OK inside of a couple hundred yards. Probably. On big targets. 'Course I don't shoot any tight twisted small bores except for the Zimmer.

That's the burden I carry. -sniff-

Don't beat me up over this or I'll explode in your face.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't believe the lack of love for the Vargay.

It has outperformed RL15 in both my .308's and matched it in the 9.3 and .375.

Still got about 10 lbs left and seen g as I can't get anything else guess I'm stuck with it...

Although I will go ahead and drop names by mentioning a certain somebody we'll call 'Pat' who also does ok with it... laugh

PS...Ain't got no .243 so can't speak as to its efficacy in said platform...(someday, maybe).

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Can't believe the lack of love for the Vargay.

It has outperformed RL15 in both my .308's and matched it in the 9.3 and .375.

Still got about 10 lbs left and seen g as I can't get anything else guess I'm stuck with it...

Although I will go ahead and drop names by mentioning a certain somebody we'll call 'Pat' who also does ok with it... laugh

PS...Ain't got no .243 so can't speak as to its efficacy in said platform...(someday, maybe).

Never had any luck with it in anything except the 308 with mid weight bullets, say 168 VLDS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I will say I wasn't exactly looki for best velocity or BR accuracy outta the mid bores...

Any of you guys use it in the .223?

Mine sure loves a caseful of it behind the 75 Amax although TAC ain't too shabby either...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use it under horny 68 bthp's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This for Boxer...

[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I use Var-Get in .22-250,.243 and .308.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 197 of 229 1 2 195 196 197 198 199 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

356 members (160user, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10ring1, 30 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,487
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.