Campfire Regular
B
Your Thoughts?

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Can own them no doubt, but there actual use is so restrictive why bother?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
BWalker is correct. Unless you live within easy driving distance of an official range, not much point in owning a handgun in Canada. I know because I own a few, and no range nearby.

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I worked Up north and everyone packed a piece> even the Rcmp turned a blind Eye so dont give me this [bleep]!

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Ya Walking around Calgary with a pistal > just like walking around any americian city will get the cops down your back!

Last edited by bcd; 09/27/13.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I can walk around with a pistol where ever I want both concealed or open. and perfectly legal at that. I can have pistol in my glove box while at work. I also don't
have to tell law enforcement anything other than the fact I have CCW and that's it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
In decades of working in BC, Alberta and Canada's northern territories, following in the pathways of my pioneer ancestors who participated in, among other founding enterprises, "The Klondike Goldrush", I used various guns extensively. The actual work was in government resource agencies and often alone for extended periods in some of Canada's most remote wilderness so a gun really WAS a "tool".

During that time, 1965-1993, I often worked with members of Canada's famed national police force, the "R.C.M.P" and, in fact, worked FOR them, as a "civilian member". One of my uncles was an officer, my mother was a senior administrative employee, one of my cousins spent 20+ years in an admin. capacity and my father also worked for them for a few years.

In all of this, I NEVER repeat NEVER experienced any "Mountie" ignoring breaches of Canadian laws, ESPECIALLY illegal carrying of "restricted weapons" such as handguns. NO RCMP member is going to ...turn a blind eye... to such criminal actions and I do NOT believe the above assertion, it is just bullsh!t!

I post this so that some American will not decide to smuggle in and then pack his "hawglaig" here as YOU WILL NOT enjoy the inevitable contact with the "Queen's Cowboys" and could spend time as a "guest" of Her Majesty.

I must as a responsible Canadian, at this juncture, strongly warn ANYONE that the individual who initiated this and other ludicrous threads here during his short time on "The Fire" is posting false and potentially very problematic "information". DO NOT, believe what he says and DO NOT bring ANY gun to Canada, except the hunting guns that you declare at the border, this is for your OWN good.

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I can walk around with a pistol where ever I want both concealed or open. and perfectly legal at that. I can have pistol in my glove box while at work. Ya So can people up north in Canada!

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
NO RCMP member is going to ...turn a blind eye... Well Good for you!> but its not what I have seen and talked to a lot of people. Anyone that has been in upper Canada for some Time carries a piece !~

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Kut> the Rcmp> always turn a blind Eye to the Indians> so dont give me this [bleep]!

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I live 5 minutes from the range. I don't mind jumping through the hoops. Got a couple that I really enjoy/

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bcd
Your Thoughts?

bcd;
I think that it's likely raining over in Boundary country too tonight and is supposed to be all weekend.

I also think that if it rains and is windy like last weekend then it's likely less likely that one can call elk with any success.

Like Brother Keith we live within 10 minutes of a certified range and as I've owned at least one "restricted" firearm since I was 18 then I know of what I speak and don't "guess" or "think" much about Canadian firearm law - mostly I know...... wink

Good luck in your hunts bcd - if you do hunt ever that is - the last time I was up the White Swan was about '88 if memory serves and most days it doesn't anymore.

It was wild and lovely to look upon back then and I imagine there's still some views worth looking at today.

Have a good weekend bcd and try to stay dry.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew you guys could own them, but usage is too limited. It would be nice for instance if you could be packing a good 22 reolver when you are big game hunting. You see a tasty ruffed grouse and bang it with your 22 and not your .338.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are provisions for carry if duly licensed when trapping or prospecting. Proof of traing and actual need are necessary. Do not confuse this with hunting or plinking. Permit must be carried and produced upon request. It is a privelige and not a right and is controled.

I lived a lot of my adult life working with first nations people and police officers patroling the North. I have never witnessed a blatant disregard for firearms law by law enforcement in all those years. I no longer maintain a permit for wilderness use as I no longer would qualify. In faact I turned it in and had it recinded my last day of prospecting.

BCD does not represent anyone but himself. Do not trust any advice given by him in this matter.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I own restricted firearms but would have no interest to use them for hunting and would never bother packing in the city even if I could. Don't see any point to it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TZ, I usually carry a 22 revolver when I am big game hunting. I have smacked a carload of grouse,rabbit and grey skwerls with it and had nice camp dinners as a result. I do some handgun hunting, but I like the 22 for doing what a 22 does best. Taking small stuff without unduly disturbing the area. Never saw any critter that spooked at the "pop" of a gun going off in the area. Useful piece of gear.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BCD is a moron. As soon as the word RCMP is printed on this site it will be instantly monitored. Yes we are spyed on all the time. BCD shouldn't be surprised if the RCMP come knocking on his door and lose his pistol. I really don't believe he owns one other than the one between his legs.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The guy certainly is entertaining if one has absolutely nothing else productive to do during one's day!!
But yes, he is an idjuit of he thinks whatever he posts does not go unnoticed by either CSIS or Homeland Security....
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Bc30. yes Hunting is good from baldy to Christina Lake> the best of lower canada!Enjoy> PS> still swimming in the Kettel but cold!

B
bcd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Elk > moose {2POINT}white tail Mule deer and a long season to BOOT!OK>BOUND>The best place to hunt.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

322 members (2alphas2, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 163bc, 36 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,952
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.