-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
How much does it cost, or how much is saved by turning off http://time.gov/ because of the so-called shutdown?

it's an automated computer website for cripe's sake!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It costs a significant amount of manpower to turn off all of the federal web sites. It would cost nothing to leave them up and running.

The people MUST SUFFER.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Exactly. What did all the 'closed Fed Park' signs cost and cost to put them up?

Or to send out rangers to chase people out of campgrounds?

Bunch of stupid puckers.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just more nonsense is all I can say.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree that the shutdown is BS to make us feel it, because hussein is a immature little idiot, but there is work behind running websites, same as water, electricity, gas supply.

It is one of the things people believe they run by themselves, but there is always some maintenance going on.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
zero is a petulant child having a tantrum. thats what is part of this partlial shutdown of gov services. He needs to grow up and show real leadership. Won't hold my breath on that one to happen.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 375fan
zero is a petulant child having a tantrum. thats what is part of this partlial shutdown of gov services. He needs to grow up and show real leadership. Won't hold my breath on that one to happen.

....reminds me of a wife I had with borderline personality disorder. Then again he dines regularly with Valerie Jarret , had Hillary as the SOS, and confesses to being afraid of Moochele ? Its evident he's somebody's bitch.
The country running on "essential" government hasnt inconvenienced me yet.

.... like tears in the rain
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
How much does it cost, or how much is saved by turning off http://time.gov/ because of the so-called shutdown?

it's an automated computer website for cripe's sake!

They also shut down the geodetic survey database.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

It's a database for Pete's sake. Not like it takes any human intervention.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is intentional to garner as much negative attention as possible. The way at least some government offices are handling this is to leave web sites and databases up but not maintain them if the have issues or go down. Only minimal electrical costs are being incurred and in most cases the sites are running on infrastructure supporting critical services that can't be shut off. The hardware is running anyway so no additional costs are incurred.

Damn Communist politicians. Most Democrats should be tried for treason as far as I'm concerned.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was told yesterday that there was an Arkansas Game warden at the boat ramps on Cache River telling folks that they could use the ramp and the river but if they got out of the boat onto the Federal Wildlife refuge, they could be written a ticket. This is/was open for squirrel hunting and there is a deer permit hunt coming up in a week or so. It is/was also open for bow hunting deer. All hearsay on my part. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
reports also that the C & O bike trail in DC, which is open 24/7 now has rangers posted and they have crews removing the pump handles at the watering points.

This from my cyclist buddy in the office via his bike forums.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are the lights on in the Whitehouse...the Capitol?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They're spending alot of money all over the country to play politics. How's that being paid for? Is it essential?
Our president is the most immature little brat I can imagine in a full grown "mans" body.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
I was told yesterday that there was an Arkansas Game warden at the boat ramps on Cache River telling folks that they could use the ramp and the river but if they got out of the boat onto the Federal Wildlife refuge, they could be written a ticket. This is/was open for squirrel hunting and there is a deer permit hunt coming up in a week or so. It is/was also open for bow hunting deer. All hearsay on my part. miles
I'm neither disbelieving you nor questioning you here Miles but...how in the hell can they issue tickets if they've got everything shut down? The biggest expense of some refuge would be the personnel that police it. If they tell them to go home 'cause they're not getting paid, then how will they issue tickets? If the personnel are there, then why is the thing shut down? Commie mofos.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,536
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.