-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I called today to order some small items from Midway today. I called because the website would not let me select USPS priority mail which would mean I should have the items in 2 days verses nearly a week with UPS with the cost about the same why would I not want it here in 2 days. They told me they can't ship priority anymore. I also voiced my displeasure in the fact that on most items the dealer discount has gotten to be a joke with many items being no discount at all. I was then informed the dealer accounts would be going away. wow thats a smart business decision. That will take away the last reason I have to do business with them. Honestly if not for the dealer account I think the regular prices suck. The regular prices aren't any better than local prices at cabelas or sportsmans.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Think it could be because of abuse?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
dealer prices with Midway was a joke anyway

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bea175
dealer prices with Midway was a joke anyway

Amen to that!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
What are dealer prices? Anybody with a business license gets special pricing?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
supposedly you do,

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Just another reason to use Brownell's.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
considering the state of our Post Office, I can see why they don't like Priority so much. My local PO sat on a insured pair of $1000 binos for several days, without leaving a notice, even though in their system they had recorded, "notice left" mad

Of course Midway probably marks up UPS 2nd Day, so they make more money, too.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Just another reason to use Brownell's.....
Brownell's can be a PITA too. They wouldn't ship Weatherby brass to me in Alaska....said it was a "restricted item." I have bought brass online from about a half dozen other places with no problem.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And Brownell's has raised their shipping prices - now it's $7.95 base.....

Guess I'll just have to pass the added cost onto the poor customer.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
brownells has a crappy dealer program and IMO are even more difficult to deal with than midway. I seem to have more trouble and hassle dealing with them than even midway. some of you are FFL holders and some here aren't. AS an FFL holder I don't pay retail prices for anything gun related. Midway took dealer pricing away from alot of things like vortex, nightforce and some others. that wasn't a big deal if you make some calls its easy to get dealer discounts from other sources on that stuff. Graff is the one that has the best pricing however they do a very poor job of maintaining inventory. I suspect midway is going to be moving more toward a coupon code system where they run promotions where you get like $20 off $100 purchased. kinda like cabelas does from time to time. This may allow them to get past the minimum pricing that some companies want retailers charging. but with that dealer accounts are still going to suffer and not be getting near as good a deal as before.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
never had any issues with Brownells. I avoided Midway due to their shipping costs and added shipping for backordered items.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of these folks have been Fing us around for years. Midway lost my business years ago.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
R
I received the email from Midway that they would be "inviting" me to become a retail customer. I've had a dealer account with Midway since the 80's.

Over the past few years the dealer discount has been declining. A lot of items there are no discounts and as a dealer I couldn't qualify for any of the special offers. I also had to place a minimum order of $40 or pay a small order fee.

Like everyone else I have to question their shipping charges. Last week I received an order of some Hornady modified cases and a few other small items. The box it was shipped in was huge and stuffed with packing material.

It's getting cheaper to shop locally and pay retail and sales tax than to pay shipping charges.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,347
Posts18,526,961
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.