"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ya think ?

John
=
Waterfowler at hart along with my late Baydog 9/26/20 ..
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I hate to say this but one of my family members has never set an alarm clock in 45+ years and just got on Disability.. It drives me nuts..

John
=
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cigar
I hate to say this but one of my family members has never set an alarm clock in 45+ years and just got on Disability.. It drives me nuts..

and on the other side of the coin there are guys like safariman and i that have and are working while we have major issues....hell im pissed i cant hold a second job at the moment yet im sure i qualify for disability frown

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have 10-15 customers on disability. One cleans cabins for cash, another installs tile flooring for cash. I do not know what the rest do, but many often stop by to pay me while smoking cigarettes & pulling a boat after a long day of fishing.

Hell, I remember a neighbor yrs ago in Florida on disability with nautilus equipment in his garage that he used everyday to work out & pump iron. He was always looking for cash handy man jobs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drug test them all. Tobacco too. Maybe even a tattoo survey. People are going to have to learn that there exist the right to fail as much as succeed in the US. I'm sure we all know these people. Any of these people ever skinny? We are headed for social and economic riots and civil war, just a matter of time. Of course they won't have enough fortitude to put up much of fight, just loot and burn their own neighborhoods or "occupy" some welfare office.

Sean
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Cigar

and on the other side of the coin there are guys like safariman and i that have and are working while we have major issues....hell im pissed i cant hold a second job at the moment yet im sure i qualify for disability frown

A white work truck pulled up outside of work.. He put together a wheelchair and I opened up the door for the guy to come into the office. I noticed how dirty he was..10 min later I go to the dispatch office and I noticed he was pulling himself along the floor tracking down a wire. He would go under one desk then pull himself to the other side of the room on the floor.. 30 later he came out on his chair.. As he came out I started a conversation with him and found out 25 years ago he was a lumberjack and a tree snapped back and broke his back and paralyzed him him from the chest down.. He is a electrician and never missed a days work after he got out of the hospital.. He invalidated every one of my excuses in 10 min.. Damn it !

John
=
=
=
Striving to be turdlike.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
SIL's boyfriend got disability 2 years ago. Still works day-work as a cowboy, breaks horses, etc. part time.
The only way he's disabled is that he's a drunk. I guess alcoholism is a disability, now - "Let's enable them!"

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mark,

Yes, according to the government, alcoholism is a disability along with drug addiction now. My wife is in grad school for Social work and half the crap she tells me about garbage like this gets my blood boiling.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm with you guys there. I'm almost 72 work in my engineering business part time & full time as an instructor teaching security officers how to shoot & gun laws. Yet almost 50% of adults in the US now receive some sort of government assistance. I can remember when I was growing up that most people had too pride to take handouts. Not its owed them.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
" now its owed them"

especially if they happen to be black...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by tbear
I can remember when I was growing up that most people had too pride to take handouts. Not its owed them.

I remember my grandfather telling how people wouldn't even take social security when it was first started, decent people didn't take money from the government, that was only for deadbeats. Fast forward to today and can you imagine anyone not taking social security? Half the country is spitting out illegitimate kids so they can get on welfare and the other half is faking back problems so they can get on disability. These handout programs have rotted the souls of the American people.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Nobody is eligible for disability at least not right off! Takes numerous attempts and refusals, a [bleep]-pile of medical records, and usually a lawyer...

Those that are on disability fraudulently, you can thank to those in the medical and legal professions... the scum of their trade.

Phil

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amazing how many talk about disability compensation yet have no idea how it works. No one gets rich on disability, infact it is a totallyh losing proposition. 10 years back was living on 80K easy a year, now struggle on a LOT less, and lost most everything I have ever owned.

For your general knowledge, disability from SSI will equal what you would get if you retired on the last day of your work. This is money YOU have put in to SSI over your working career. If you think it takes from your pocket, blame the politicos who can't even run a basic insurance plan. Private insurance knows how to make money with premiums, but .gov doesn't have a clue.

Bottom line, sure are a lot of guys who sound more like old cxxts rather than knowing thinking men.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Amazing how many talk about disability compensation yet have no idea how it works. No one gets rich on disability, infact it is a totallyh losing proposition. 10 years back was living on 80K easy a year, now struggle on a LOT less, and lost most everything I have ever owned.

For your general knowledge, disability from SSI will equal what you would get if you retired on the last day of your work. This is money YOU have put in to SSI over your working career. If you think it takes from your pocket, blame the politicos who can't even run a basic insurance plan. Private insurance knows how to make money with premiums, but .gov doesn't have a clue.

Bottom line, sure are a lot of guys who sound more like old cxxts rather than knowing thinking men.

Guess you never heard of Railroad workers, school board and state workers? Sorry for your losses but your general knowledge is very lacking and disability ain't a "losing proposition" by a loooong shot, Amigo.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I retired from the Air Force many of my friends asked me if I was putting in for a disability, I asked them why and they said because you can. I was dumbfounded and couldn't believe what these guys were saying. I've got a bum knee and my hearing isn't the best but i'll be damned if I put in for a disability when I am able to carry a fulltime job with no physical limitations.

I've got a number of retired friends and most have a disability rating and are proud of it. I have never understood that mentatility.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by slg888
I have 10-15 customers on disability. One cleans cabins for cash, another installs tile flooring for cash. I do not know what the rest do, but many often stop by to pay me while smoking cigarettes & pulling a boat after a long day of fishing.

Hell, I remember a neighbor yrs ago in Florida on disability with nautilus equipment in his garage that he used everyday to work out & pump iron. He was always looking for cash handy man jobs.

Turn em in. Its what I"d do.

I actually can say I don't know anyone that does the above, but I know it happens. I worked with a guy that pulled IRS fraud RE marriage and kids numbers wise and I reported him....

Not reporting is just as bad as the problem itself IMHO.

.gov probably doesn't care enough to look after the reporting though....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf

Guess you never heard of Railroad workers, school board and state workers? Sorry for your losses but your general knowledge is very lacking and disability ain't a "losing proposition" by a loooong shot, Amigo.

My perspective, so we will disagree... and my general knowledge isn't so lacking that you may think.

All the same, have a good day.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah, there's lots of abuse in the system but I got it from an abuser in this way.

He said; "Bankers, etc. almost brought the whole world to its knees, GM and others bailed out AND not a single Fk'er went to jail. We paid for it with no return and you question me on getting this pittance called disability?"

Heh, he's a railroad worker who just "retired" on disability. Deer hunting as we speak.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,753
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.