Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
1 Timothy 1:17

New King James Version (NKJV)

17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen
Thought you were ending this thread with this Bigbuck but we're still going! Pretty refreshing after the other thread, which BTW seems to have been relegated to Page 2!! smile

Hope you all had a great worship Day.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nope, I don't want this thread to end at all. It is great just to see how many have taken part here, all with wonderful posts.

Please keep it up.

BB

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John 6:35 Then Jesus said, �I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever go hungry. And no one who believes in me will ever be thirsty. 36 �But it is just as I told you. You have seen me, and you still do not believe. 37 Everyone the Father gives me will come to me. I will never send away anyone who comes to me.

38 �I have not come down from heaven to do what I want to do. I have come to do what the One who sent me wants me to do. 39 The One who sent me doesn�t want me to lose anyone he has given me. He wants me to raise them up on the last day. 40 My Father wants all who look to the Son and believe in him to have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.�

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Psalm 2:1-6 (NKJV) Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and His Anointed, saying,

"Let us break Their bonds in pieces and cast Their cords from us."

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision.

Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure:

"Yet I have set My King on my Holy Hill of Zion"

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake his way,
And the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord,
And He will have mercy on him;
And to our God,
For He will abundantly pardon.

8 �For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,� says the Lord.
9 �For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Isaiah 53

53�Who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2�For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
And as a root out of dry ground.
He has no form or comeliness;
And when we see Him,
There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
3�He is despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
4�Surely He has borne our griefs
And carried our sorrows;
Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
Smitten by God, and afflicted.
5�But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
6�All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7�He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
Yet He opened not His mouth;
He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
8�He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
9�And they[a] made His grave with the wicked�
But with the rich at His death,
Because He had done no violence,
Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
10�Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him;
He has put Him to grief.
When You make His soul an offering for sin,
He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
11�He shall see the labor of His soul,[b] and be satisfied.
By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
For He shall bear their iniquities.
12�Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
Because He poured out His soul unto death,
And He was numbered with the transgressors,
And He bore the sin of many,
And made intercession for the transgressors.
Footnotes:

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
John 3:1-3

1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Last edited by Spud; 10/07/13.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
NAS

James 1: 27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and keep oneself unstained by the world.

Thanks for this post.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Proverbs 13:20

King James Version (KJV)

20 He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Colossians 1:15-20

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

Y
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Y
Isaiah 9:7
Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RJY66
Colossians 1:15-20

The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
This is the REAL Jesus Christ in a nutshell (so to speak), great post.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

To all: thanks so much for this thread--parched and a drink of cold water; a breath of clean air today. And I needed it very much.

Knowing myself, my faults, weaknesses and sins, it's increasingly incomprehensible to me, how much He suffered for my sake. Willingly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lord Jesus
I am a sinner
I am sorry for my wrong doings
Thankyou for Your love and sacrifice and grace.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ivan
Lord Jesus
I am a sinner
I am sorry for my wrong doings
Thankyou for Your love and sacrifice and grace.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 Jn 1:9 (NKJV)

Last edited by Spud; 10/08/13.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Luke 2
8�Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9�And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. 10�Then the angel said to them, �Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 11�For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Only by the Grace of God am I here to share with you. So much counted against me, so much weighed heavy on my heart and soul. So much was so very dark, and then He spoke to me, and for the first time I truly listened, and the weight was lifted, my eyes were opened, my heart and soul became filled with His Love, the Holy Spirit, and today I am whole, and new, and blessed with His Unending Grace. Praise God !

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses,� Says the Lord, �that I am God. Isaiah 43:11-12 NKJV

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Beautiful thread everyone! Here are two verse's that give comfort to those who have lost family member's/friends to death, who were saved. The second verse is one that we can all look to with hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 (King James Version)

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Colossians 3:4 (King James Version)

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Last edited by jahrs; 10/08/13.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 2,661 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,213
Posts18,485,479
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.