-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Face it boys, you dun bought into the pharmaceutical and AMA lobby agenda. THEY are the ones to blame for the shutdown, as they engineered it with the help of their bought and paid-for politicians. Do you really think this legislation would be back around without the special interest money?

You guys can't be so duped that you reject the bona fide legislative process in favor of after-the-fact coercion funded by special interests in spite of the public interests.

"We won't fund the government unless you act in my favor for my personal wish list." What kind of process is that? Obama needs to review his healthcare bill but not under these circumstances.

The Israelis have a solution for a budget battle - automatic 1/12 of prior year budget every month if no new law is enacted. After six months, new elections for all legislative seats. They always get a budget.

Mule

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
No, but its a lot more accepted Constitutionally method than Obama's. The legislation to de-fund it is back around because "lobbies" of people like me have been telling those who will listen to de-fund it.

Special interests? Like delaying the employer mandate to 2015.
Like exempting Congress (in violation of the Grassley Amendment).
Allowing government employees a 75% subsidy.

The whole legislative process is and has been "I won't do this, unless" Sherlock...

And yet you have no problem with the acts of a dictator.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Muleskinner
I don't know. While not a fan of Obamacare, I can't see how it's right to subvert other matters to get one's way on previously passed legislation.

It's very right! The "previously passed legislation" you mention was changed 19 times, without Congressional approval, and AFTER the Supreme Court upheld it by the community organizer occupying the White House.

He is not a leader. He is an incompetent, spiteful, bully.

Americans First!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know. While not a fan of Obamacare, I can't see how it's right to subvert other matters to get one's way on previously passed legislation.

Has Obama changed the law since it was passed? Does he have that authority?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Face it boys, you dun bought into the pharmaceutical and AMA lobby agenda. THEY are the ones to blame for the shutdown, as they engineered it with the help of their bought and paid-for politicians. Do you really think this legislation would be back around without the special interest money?

You guys can't be so duped that you reject the bona fide legislative process in favor of after-the-fact coercion funded by special interests in spite of the public interests.

"We won't fund the government unless you act in my favor for my personal wish list." What kind of process is that? Obama needs to review his healthcare bill but not under these circumstances.

The Israelis have a solution for a budget battle - automatic 1/12 of prior year budget every month if no new law is enacted. After six months, new elections for all legislative seats. They always get a budget.

Yep, everyone duped except the enlightened liberals. Odd that you are so impressed with a group who had to lie, bully, and bribe to get their bill passed against the wishes of the American public in a late night session.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John McCain must be one of those enlightened liberals, as 20 other house republicans that want an up or down vote on a clean budget bill and have said they will vote for it. Boehmer is lying about there not being enough votes. It's a coercive tactic, and it's not right, nor is it acceptable to the PEOPLE who elected them. Congress is down to a 11% approval rating, obviously not part of the "lobbies of people" insisting on this subversive tactic.

Mule
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You should read this article: Essay by a teacher in a black high school
*This is a repost from the rants and raves section from the Mobile, Alabama craigslist.*

The truth is usually a tough thing to accept, so I understand if this is flagged. It would be a cowardly thing to do, but I understand it. Some people just ignore unpleasant truths. However, if you think ignoring the problem, or trying to censor the truth, will help our black children improve, you�re dreaming. This is important, so I�m happy to repost � indefinitely if necessary. I find it interesting that NO ONE has had the intellect to refute anything in the essay. They can only attempt to censor it, as if doing so somehow makes it invalid. Weak minds, weak minds.

Until recently I taught at a predominantly black high school in a southeastern state.

The mainstream press gives a hint of what conditions are like in black schools, but only a hint. Expressions journalists use like �chaotic� or �poor learning environment� or �lack of discipline� do not capture what really happens. There is nothing like the day-to-day experience of teaching black children and that is what I will try to convey.

Last edited by ConradCA; 10/10/13.

[Linked Image from ]
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
John McCain must be one of those enlightened liberals, as 20 other house republicans that want an up or down vote on a clean budget bill and have said they will vote for it. Boehmer is lying about there not being enough votes. It's a coercive tactic, and it's not right, nor is it acceptable to the PEOPLE who elected them. Congress is down to a 11% approval rating, obviously not part of the "lobbies of people" insisting on this subversive tactic.

Names?

You do realize the House is as close to the electorate both as ability to be coerced (shortness of term) and ability to correspond with?

Why is a budget being developed in the House (and they have submitted many), when the Senate is supposed to originate one and hasn't since Barry became President five and a half years ago?

The budget isn't "clean", if you're a stickler for lies and fraud. It contains changes to Obamacare that weren't part of its passing, amongst of which are non-legislative "edicts" that directly violate the Grassley Amendment, which are part of the law.

I'm sure you had a hard-on for Plessy v. Ferguson too, since your logic (and those silly quips by this regime) are so damn similar...

The bottom line is that no mandated budget (from a Dem Senate) has been passed so blame for periodic cries of shutdowns can be blamed on a minority opposition while a printing press takes wealth that doesn't exist from generations yet to be born.

Yet you still don't understand the "coercive tactic" of spending money we don't have to fund a government takeover of the medical industry with a law that has been altered by dictatorial fiat, not by passed legislation.

There are lies and damned lies....you wouldn't know one if they were hands rubbing your crotch.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congress is down to a 11% approval rating

Yep, democrats have never been very popular.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/10/11/letter-president/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

The fact is that the majority of people are against ObamaCare. That Tyrant Obama and the progressives passed it against the will of the majority of the voters.

The House has the right to decide what to fund and what not to fund. They decided that it was a disaster and should not be funded.

If Tyrant Obama and the rest of his progressive fascist supporters had worked with the Republicans to create this bill it might have more support. They didn't. They chose to ram this bill through without the support of any Republican and this is the result.

Your insane if you think that the Republicans have to support this disaster when the all ran on the promise to defeat it.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is a "clean" budget bill?

In groceries it would mean that we ask for $100 worth of groceries. You have to buy them to find out what's in the cart. I'm sure Mule and everone else buys groceries that way.

The historic way of deciding which things to buy and which things not to buy is a "dirty" bill apparently, in groceries or government. Obama wants congress to say, "I'll take several trillion dollars worth of government, and the President can decide what's in the package."

The reason the constitution gives the House responsibility for paying the bills is that they are closest in election cycle to the people: they have to answer for what they spend every two years. This congress is different from the one that passed Obamacare, and is doing its reponsibility to pick and choose what it pays for. A big reason the previous congress is not here is that they proposed to buy Obamacare, and the voters voted enough of them out to change their spending plan.

That is the way the constitution set it up to work. Comments otherwise are either ignorance or political agenda speaking.

This is a constitutional crisis that has been building for several years, especially as President Obama has ignored the constitution, trampled seperation of powers and usurped powers belonging to Congress. If it had not been budget it would be the same underlying crisis over something else. The implications are huge.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.