Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,203 of 1,842 1 2 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We put on several miles on the ATV's up by Blackduck last weekend and did not see one grouse. I was surprised.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I did the same thing in the Bigfork area and never saw a bird.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Cool misty day up nort.

I'd like to send out a huge thanks to Mule1 for the 220 swift dies and the sample pack of 224 bullets.

He even included a shell holder, these are very nice dies.

Thank you very much.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here too. I worked this morning then Mr. Jack had a football game. They won 26-0 against a tough Andover team. I think Andover only got two first downs on us. Things got chippy from Andover. Probably because they've not lost before. We have one game left and if we the Centennial Falcons are undefeated. It was a fun game to watch, but burrrrr, it was chilly with the wind and drizzle.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Cool misty day up nort.

I'd like to send out a huge thanks to Mule1 for the 220 swift dies and the sample pack of 224 bullets.

Thank you very much.

you got a swift?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Here a few pictures from out trip to put up some trail cams and build a blind.

This is from the blind looking over the beaver pond. There is a heavy trail to the NW, which is across the pond you can see there.
[Linked Image]

More from the same area. Looking all the way across the pond, there is a dead tree, kind of left-center, with some orange leaves above it... that is where the camera is hung with a trail running along the pond and another intersecting it coming off the hill in the background.
[Linked Image]

A big, wet, bear crossing the clear cut on the way out of the woods. smile I think the rain pants I had on made me hotter and wetter than if I didn't wear em.

][Linked Image]

Here are a couple shots April took on the way out.
[Linked Image]

Her favorites.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T if those pics don't get everyone fired up for hunting season then nothing will cool

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thanks. I'm hoping the ones I put up next week will be better. The one's with a big, rutty'ish, stinky, turdy point buckch, on them.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Here are a couple of deer Cam Pictures from our area of the Superior National Forest.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I also got some deer pictures but they are all forks and spikes and does..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Cool misty day up nort.

Thank you very much.

You welcome Dave. We'll all be waiting for a pic of the little man and his deer!

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Here is the Loper doe from Wyoming. As you can see this was two days before the snow.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TJAY
Here are a couple of deer Cam Pictures from our area of the Superior National Forest.
[Linked Image]

Oooooh, puppies!!!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is that a dead deer or a wolf laying on the ground?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Did you have any pictures of deer?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
tzone

That is a wolf rolling on the salt block.

Lots of deer pictures. This is about the biggest.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Utah and Oregon.

Ryan prayers send to all the families that lost livestock. May come through SD on the way home.

Made it to Utah on Saturday. Took I90 to I35S to I80 West. Saw gas as low as $2.99 in Omaha to nearly $4.00 in Wyoming. Made it to Sidney,NE the first day. Hit dense fogr, black ice and snow just East of Cheyenne.

Will stay in Ogden until Thursday with my BIL than head over to Portland.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, we're 4 days away from deer hunting! Minnesota's Early Antlerless season opens this Thursday morning down in Southeastern Minnesota. JustOneGunner and myself will be making an assault on the deer herd down there. Unfortunately, we haven't had a chance to scout, so Thursday will be "recon while hunting". Maybe the Red Gods will smile on us and bring a couple baldies in front of our 870's. I was going to buy at least one extra tag, but decided to hold off, being we didn't get a chance to go down and scout.

Oh yeah, it's started all ready-waking up in the middle of the night, wondering where I put my compass, did I ever find the cup for that Thermos bottle? Where's my danged drag rope?

On the way to work, I find my eyes searching the woods lines more intently for that flicker of movement, that flash of white bone as that little 6 point I've been eyeballing all spring slips back into the cornfield. My world is changing before my very eyes, as the geese move in ever larger flocks, the squirrels prepare for the onset of cold weather. I'm noticing the buck rubs right out along the road now too.

The eye of the hunter doesn't miss these things. Good times and great memories can't be far behind.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by eh76

you got a swift?

Ya mon.

Hey Tom, great pictures! You found some fall color that the wind hasn't ripped loose from the trees!

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
well the dadgum geese overslept on us this weekend. we waited until 11 am and finally gave up. when we got back to the truck, they were pouring into the field! Such is hunting.

The day was rainy, so we only hunted a 15 acre field for pheasants. This field has great habitat so if we were going to find birds, there would likely be some here. Saw 13 and got 1. I passed up 2 others that were pretty young. They got up before I found the one I shot, so I gave them a pass. All in all, pretty optimistic for a half hour of hunting!

Oh, and my dad shot a fantastic wood duck he is going to have mounted!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Dave,

I'll bet the color is gone now! it was real windy that day. The maples were the only thing with color left. The popples were bare already.

I'll be in the bushes on the youth hunt/doe hunt, but I'll be scouting. Wearing orange of course. I'll try to flush some birds so I can pop one if I'm lucky. April and I are going to be tent camping at the deer camp. It'll be a chilly one but I'm excited. I haven't done that for a long time.

Gopher, good luck to you both. As you know, there is a stand being maintained for you guy in my country too, if you don't connect in either spot. Our are is either sex, so if we have an open tag we can fill it. Jack will be up on the second weekend too. He's excited becaue I bought him some camo insulated bibs. smile

Jack and I got up early yesterday and moved the wood from the oaks that had to be cut in my yard, from the front yard to the back. There was frost on the roof of the house. It put a bounce in my step thats for sure.

The sun hangs low in the sky for a lot of the morning, the leaves here are on fire, the grass is turning brown, the geese are meeting their demise in the lake across the road from my house, deer tracks are present in my yard....

I can't think of anything but where they're crossing the trail. How am I going to hunt the NE wind in the Pecker Stand? Will Andy pop one early from The Fort? Is Jeff's stand still going to have the hot rubs? Am I going to have to drag the 230 pounder across the beaver dam myself?

These things are going through my brain instead of concrete and steel!

Page 1,203 of 1,842 1 2 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.