Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
you put a blind or a feeder on my fence line and it wont be there the next day. a few people have donated blinds and feeders to this ranch. and they know better now. rio7

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RIO7
you put a blind or a feeder on my fence line and it wont be there the next day. a few people have donated blinds and feeders to this ranch. and they know better now. rio7

Ahhh.....the ol' prove yourself a thief to teach them a lesson trick. Well thought out.

Reality is, both you and they have the same amount of right to hunt on the most internal and external of acres. Harvesting game across ownership lines is wrong. Hunting on your own land never is never wrong. Stealing another's property is always wrong.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Not here to say what's right or wrong. Just curious to see the differences in opinions.

Right up against it, but never across.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I didnt steal the feeders or blinds, i took them and left a note telling them where they could come to pick them up, no one as ever come here to claim them . and no one has made the mistake of putting feeders or blinds on my fence lines since. by the way i own the fences, rio7

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MShuntfish

Ahhh.....the ol' prove yourself a thief to teach them a lesson trick. Well thought out.

Reality is, both you and they have the same amount of right to hunt on the most internal and external of acres. Harvesting game across ownership lines is wrong. Hunting on your own land never is never wrong. Stealing another's property is always wrong.

Great point MShf...

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If a man got on my side of the fence and removed my feeder and or blind and he was owner of the fence, he would quickly see an immediate need to build himself a new fence.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I didnt steal the feeders or blinds, i took them and left a note telling them where they could come to pick them up, no one as ever come here to claim them . and no one has made the mistake of putting feeders or blinds on my fence lines since. by the way i own the fences, rio7

If their feeder/blind was on their side of the fence, what gives you the right to even so much as touch it?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

If you went onto their land to get their blinds a feeders, you stole them. If their blinds and feeders were on your land, then I'm not sure why you posted in this thread, but I'd take them too.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Sounds like you're a fuggin thief to me. Takes much to get me mad, but I don't stand for thieves. In fact, your just as much a thief as the person who shoots a deer on property they don't own, stealing is stealing. Doesn't matter if you "own the fences, if they aren't on your land, it's not yours.

If they've put blinds/feeders on their land, but shot across into yours, well then they're a thief like you.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman

If their feeder/blind was on their side of the fence, what gives you the right to even so much as touch it?

Ya [bleep] right.
If you CROSSED the line to take the stands, you are a thief. Even one foot across the line.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I won't shoot anything over my property line.
If I shoot it on my land,and it runs onto other land, it becomes questionable. Fortunately the situation has only occurred once, and I already had prior permission to retrieve it.

It seems many of the conflicts I hear about anecdotally, revolve more around specific trophy animals straying across borders and being shot. Almost inevitably someone has been feeding it and felt it was "theirs".
No one ever seems to complain about the prospect of someone else retrieving a shot squirrel that scurried a few yards across their property line.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In PA, if there are no buildings in the area, I would hunt right up to the line. Shoot only on my side, of course.

If there is an structure that can be occupied by a human being in the area though, we are legally obligated to not hunt in, shoot into, or through a circle 150 yards in radius around that structure - regardless of what property you happen to be on.

Stush
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess we are blessed here in New Hampshire. I've never heard of such a thing. Here, we park and hunt. As long as the land isn't actually posted, you're good to go. Land is land.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds awfully friendly.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Property is mine to the fence, whats on the other side is not mine and I have no business shooting over or crossing the fence unless I have prior permission. That 10 point buck leaning against the fence on the other side is his not mine. GW

This.

Knowing the neighbors preferences in advance is important in the event a wounded animal crosses the line.

On one side, if we cross it'll be a lawsuit if he finds out. Other sides, they'll lend a hand dragging out/tracking.

Tough NOT to hunt a property line here, things are pretty fractionated. PLus, they tend to run along field edges and streams and whatnot, which is good hunting land.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
We have stands near our fence lines. We don't shoot on the others property. If our neighbor has a stand on his side we dont put one up in that area on ours.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Sounds awfully friendly.

It CAN be a VERY friendly place as long as you mingle with the local folk. It's mostly the outsiders that move in and mess things up. We are the LAST state to have neither a sales nor an income tax. Even so, there are hidden taxes we pay the equal the balance out. We are for the most part pro- gun, pro hunting.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hunt right up to the fenceline. As soon as that deer jumps the fence onto my land, it's fair game. Shot quite a few deer within a foot or two of the fence. If it's not on my land or once it jumps the fence off my land, it's out of limits for me or mine.

Fortunately never had a problem here retrieving deer that run onto neighbor's land. Happens often since I normally hunt a corner of my land and they usually manage a 50 to 100 yard dash before piling up. Neighbors are hunters or lease to hunters and as long as there's a blood trail there's no problem.

This guy was safe, he never crossed onto my side of the fence. And he needed to grow a couple of years besides that...

[Linked Image]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Property lines are there for a reason. Any rights or privileges you have on your side stops at that property line.

Rio7, people have dealt with that frustration for years, but usually it ends up being fences with a high fence to solve the issue. To take any equipment from across the boundary line and then leave a note is leaving yourself open to arrest and prosecution in my humble opinion, and the prima fascia evidence is the note you leave and the possession of the equipment should the deputies have it reported to them.

You can keep doing that if it works for you, but I could expect the sheriff's dept. at my house about a half hour after doing it around here.

I'll not risk losing my hunting privileges or right to own a gun by committing an easily proven crime.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Some interesting comments.

With all that said, have any of you ever purposely hunted the property line with the sole intention of trying to protect your own side? Just curious.

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,082
Posts18,521,843
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.