Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Guess I know where everyone stands on this but: (1) we were all immigrants once, or related to them, (2) they are the ones that are doing the work now - was your house built by immigrants? (3) many businesses could not exist if it were not for the immigrants, (4) they work hard and are keeping our economy running, (5) studies have shown that most pay taxes that exceed their cost to society and, (6) any children born in the US are citizens automatically � do we deport the parents and let the 4-year olds stay � what government will pay to take care of them?

And, what do we do about the illegal dependents of illegal immigrants who joined the US Armed Forces and have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Better yet, do we exhume the soldier�s bodies and kick them out along with their families?

How many people know of the 12,000 Canadians who served in the US Army and Marines and the 80 who died in Vietnam; they were not US citizens. One Canadian, Spec. 4 Peter Lemon of Norwich, Ontario, received the Congressional Medal of Honor for his service. Patrick O'Day was born in Scotland and Francisco Martinez Flores was born in Mexico. Neither were U.S. citizens, but they died together in Iraq as U.S. Marines.

Since the 09/11/01 terrorist attacks, over 20,000 US military personnel have become citizens; there are now about 30,000 active duty and 11,000 Guard and Reserve members who are not US citizens. In fact, the one of the first US soldiers killed in Iraq was Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez (USMC), a citizen of Guatemala.

Immigrants have made many contributions to the US and they continue to do so; we just need to develop better ways for them to do so legally. Let�s cut them some slack.

GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It is obvious that politicians don't want to get rid of the illegals. Their corporate donors want the cheap labor and the threat to suppress the wages of American workers, and they don't care how much you pay in welfare, police, prisons, hospital costs, etc for the average of $89,000 that each illegal sucks up from America during their stay here.

The Senate is a club, but the Congressmen can be replaced a lot easier. It is time to play hardball. Investigate everyone who makes excuses for these illegals, to see if they took any payola.

You can do your part by asking every business that wants your business to prove to you that all their workers are legal. I deal with construction workers. If the company wants my business, prove the workers are legal, or send American workers to my job sites.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How many people know of the 12,000 Canadians who served in the US Army and Marines and the 80 who died in Vietnam; they were not US citizens. One Canadian, Spec. 4 Peter Lemon of Norwich, Ontario, received the Congressional Medal of Honor for his service. Patrick O'Day was born in Scotland and Francisco Martinez Flores was born in Mexico. Neither were U.S. citizens, but they died together in Iraq as U.S. Marines.

Since the 09/11/01 terrorist attacks, over 20,000 US military personnel have become citizens; there are now about 30,000 active duty and 11,000 Guard and Reserve members who are not US citizens. In fact, the one of the first US soldiers killed in Iraq was Lance Cpl. Jose Gutierrez (USMC), a citizen of Guatemala.

Are you saying that these folks were all Illegal Immigrants ?

It looks to me like they were Legally Immigrated people wishing to serve and willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their new homeland and I applaud and honor their service.

Also

Let�s cut them some slack.

Cutting Illegal Immigrants slack is a major part of the our current Border dilemma.

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Immigrants have made many contributions to the US and they continue to do so; we just need to develop better ways for them to do so legally. Let�s cut them some slack. [/quote]

No, lets not...they have gotten way to much "slack" already:

Assault underscores tension as Congress weighs immigration reform

April 10, 2006

PORTLAND, Maine --Dozens of people pressing for rights for illegal immigrants gathered for a peaceful demonstration on Monday just minutes after a counter-protestor was bloodied by a teenager who hid his face with a bandanna.

The attacker, described as a Hispanic teenager, went after one of three white people carrying signs arguing that illegals have no rights, police said.

As the teen fled, the victim dropped to the pavement after being hit with something heavy that the teen had carried, possibly in a sock or a bandanna, said Portland Police Sgt. Robin Gauvin. There were no arrests as of late afternoon.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
With the Border closed, they will drain the swamp.

We can't drain while the flood gates are open. Sealing the border is A#1.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
djs

I wonder if you have been to CA in a while?

You make the argument, but miss the reality of the situation, as if you really aren't really living around and witnessing what is going on.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Stop putting out Water stations in the desert for them. Employers should be fireing any of these folk who are taking the day off to march in protest now and hireing some citizen or legal resident who needs a job I agree that there are hundreds if not thousands of Katrina victims who need help finding employment. But the sweat shops would have to pay a minimum wage then

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
djs

I wonder if you have been to CA in a while?

You make the argument, but miss the reality of the situation, as if you really aren't really living around and witnessing what is going on.

Yep, I get to California 3-4 times a year for personal trips - my daughter just moved from Santa Barbara to Valencia (N of LA). Also, I get to San Diego and San Francisco on business 5-6 times a year. This is in addition to trips to Houston, Miami, Phoenix, Dallas, Tucson and other border areas. Lots of immigrants, mostly working and building our economy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
djs, just to clarify semantics, we're talking about the illegal issue here.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Military on the border, enforce laws, when cought for speeding etc. deport, and most important, stop electing Kennedy type polloticians into office. I also like the Felon charge if cought hiring. None of this will ever happen, so I guess I will just work some more overtime to pay for them.

Good Shooting!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some things the MSM probably didn't show:

http://michellemalkin.com/index.htm

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Slack - NOT!

1. Put the military on the border where they should be, protecting our borders not UNLIKE what the Constitution says.

2. Give employers/illegal migrants six months to vacate the country - hell, they found there way here they can find their way back - why should it cost us a fortune to deport them?

3. When they arrive at the border they check in with the military, get finger printed and are given paperwork allowing them to come back when they have met the criteria for work which would include application for citizenship on the same basis as all others.

4. When (3) is met they return to the military check-in point and are given some money to relocate, say a couple hundred dollars.

Meanwhile, for those US employers/illigal migrants who do not meet the six months deportation deadline - jail time for the employers and deportation with no future of return to US.

Also some of the cost to do what Vicente Fox should have been doing should be withheld from oil payments to help offset what the US taxpayer has subsidized over the past twenty years or so. Just who do we think has been on the receving end of those billions of oil dollars flowing into Mexico, well obviously NOT the illegal migrants! Those 1% in Mexico City who have been busy filling their pockets can well afford to pay for the deportation costs.

None of this is rocket science like our legislators would like us believe - they just think it makes them look like they are working hard when they make the votes come out so close. Just get er dun, but no they have to take two weeks off for Easter, then two weeks for Mothers Day, Memorial Day and well you get the drift.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Are you saying that these folks were all Illegal Immigrants ?

It looks to me like they were Legally Immigrated people wishing to serve and willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for their new homeland and I applaud and honor their service.

Also

Let�s cut them some slack.

Cutting Illegal Immigrants slack is a major part of the our current Border dilemma.

HBB

No, all were not illegal, but many were/are. They came here as undocumented aliens, and worked. Some joined the armed forces, other had kids who (also illegal) joined the services after high school. They earned their green cards as soldiers and are called �green card soldiers�. They serve honorably and earn citizenship.

We DO need to secure our borders and regulate those who come here (and this includes the Cubans floating to Florida).

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This Sounds like an excellent idea.
The problem is the scumsucking Politicians that want their votes.
Reagan granted Amnesty in 1986 to 1,000,000 Illegals but over 3,000,000 took the offer.
MANY of those granted Amnesty were Marielitos from Cuba that came here when Castro cleaned out his Prisons and sent them Here as poor immigrants.
The Main thing I would do different than you is make it a Felony to Employ ANY Illegal Alien right down to the One day Gardener and Housekeeper that our Wealthier Citizens require with 2 to 5 years Mandatory on the first offense.
Of course that won't ever happen and as far as closing the Border, Get real.
How do you figure the "Terrorists" will get anything in the Country if we do that?
Sometimes I wonder if the whole "Terror" scenario isn't a Money maker for the MIC?

Glass frogs only jump once.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It may not be rocket science, but I'm still waiting for someone to state how we are supposed to KNOW that someone is an illegal alien for the purpose of sending them back. Are we supposed to go on looks, language or absence of "papers?" I can see how it works for someone crossing the border or within limited distance of it, but how do you decide that the person caught in Denver is illegal. So far, all I've heard is that anyone who runs from ICE should be shipped to Mexico. (I can't say sent "back" because the person may never have been there.)

Clamping down on employment is doable. Clamping down on non-emergency services without proof of citizenship is doable. But shipping back is harder, as would be denial of emergency services. To do that, there would have to be a way of proving up citizenship such that the absence of proof would be proof of the contrary, that the person is illegal, and the information would have to be readily accessible. To do that also would require a long grace period to require people to establish citizenship. Even then there will be Americans who are off the books for a number of reasons. Are we going to let people just swear to it and get a couple of witnesses to swear to it?

Even then, you have to figure out the country of origin. How would we like it if Canada decided that everyone there illegally was an American, and they dumped them back over to the U.S.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well written and good points.

I will take the simplistic position. When you travel abroad is it your responsibility to prove who you are or is it your foreign host countrys responsibility to prove you are who you say you are? My position therefor is that it is the responsibility of the individual to prove who they are and where they are from, yes, they may be unwilling and at that point some time will need to be spent before just sending them to Mexico and letting Mexico deal with sending them on to Guatemala, etc. Next, we will find that Vicente and his henchmen will be much more reluctant to receive than to ship out their citizens. My guess is that our problem migrants will be very few in number relative to the total population of illegals if they know they are coming back.

Again, it will take some time, after all it took 20+ years to get it to this point - we just need to get moving forward and shut down the huge waves that are gaining strength just South of our borders today. Can you just imagine the testosterone being used in the USA today in the attempt to get pregnant before the hammer falls. No need to even begin to count the hospital/school/welfare cost for this new arrival of US citizens! WE NEED TO GET OFF THE DIME!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If they fit the profile of someone who cannot speak English, living 10 to a house, and sending money to Mexico, then it is smart police work to shake them down for some ID and papers.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
It may not be rocket science, but I think that the Social Security Administration knows which numbers that they have issued, and to whom. Everyone that works in other than a cash only business has a SSN, real or fake. Match the fake to the real, and visit those that haven't been issued by the SSA. Have them show proof of citizenship with birth records/passport. No match, send them back to country of origin.

As to the comment about immigrants in general, yes most of us are/were immigrants or descendants of same, some of us are not. I am not opposed to LEGAL immigration, and am all for it. It is the ILLEGAL immigration to which I am opposed. I don't care how hardworking someone is, if they have come here illegally, they need to be deported.

The first step is to secure the borders. I don't give a hoot how much it costs, but it needs to be done. Once done, we can then control who comes in and how they're processed. Until the border is secure, all the rest is a waste of time. Double fence, concertina topped, 50 yard space between. Border Patrol blockhouse every 5 miles with 10 personnel. 2 to monitor the infrared, thermal, and sonic monitoring devices, 2 dog teams patrolling inside the fence, and six on patrol on 4 wheelers behind the fence. This is backed every 50 miles by a BP mini base with a backup/react force for support of the block houses. Then have a regional office behind this with the admin staff and repair facilities. Pie in the sky? Maybe, but it can be done IF we have the national will to do so. I personally think that it won't happen until an NBC event happens in a major US city.

Last night the local news started an unscientific pole -- The question, Deport Illegals, Give Amnesty -- 83% of those that answered, want them out of the US for good.
Rarely have I seen pole numbers so one sided. Every other group of people who have come to this country have come here legally. They've eventually learned the language and have blended into the American culture. Not so, the illegals from south of the boarder. They require our teachers to learn and speak a foreign language, eating up valuable education dollars and time. The list of services that they require goes on and on and on. When will it end. Send them home for good.
I'm getting ready to retire, I don't want dollars going to illegals, when we at home pay for health care, etc, etc.
Send them home.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Zogby poll shows that 58% of Mexicans believe that the American Southwest really belongs to Mexico, and that they should use illegal immigration to seize control of those states for Mexico.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,347
Posts18,526,961
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.