Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well Smoke,yes I have shot an Elk with the Barnes bullet....The exit was close to the same size as the entry and the cavity had copper shrapnel in it and i also said..tested/used..More testing than use as I have no use for Barnes or the Fail Safe,both used once on Elk and Deer.

Tested/Used means just that.

Jayco

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The exit was close to the same size as the entry, on a sample of one?

You call that "testing?"

Wow, look out, Mule Deer.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What a [bleep] jerk.....

Have you used either the Nosler or Barnes on Elk?

Jayco

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jayco, when will you publish your "results??"

Can I get an autographed copy? Are you gonna pose next to the exit hole that's "close to the same size" as the entrance hole?

It's gonna be awesome!!!

You did run this by CHuck Hawks, didn't you?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Since your to dense to look for yourself,I'll show you others right off the fire......Now answer.....Have you ever used Noslers or Barnes on Elk?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jayco

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Almost forgot, is your new book gonna be complete with real pictures of your "test bullets" recovered by yourself, from the internet? Like your posts here?

Have you run this by Ray?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Have you ever shot an Elk with either bullet?

Tell us your take on both on Elk.

Owe wait....You haven't....

Grow up.Leave it to you to turn this into a high school pissing contest.....

Jayco

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
All the chatter about Barnes bullets that lost one or more petals has always been interesting to me--and to Randy Brooks, who was puzzled when people bitched about it, because the bullets killed game as well or better than those retaining all their petals.

The reason, of course, is the supposed need for 100% weight retention, the holy mantra of the people who believe 100% means deader animals. This isn't true, and in fact several monolithic bullets have been designed to lose their petals. Why? So they'll do more interior damage, which is what kills game. Two I can think of off-hand are the GS Custom and the relatively new Cutting Edge Raptor. And they both work very well.

But they can't, according to the 100% theory. Which is also why Nosler Partitions have been such a miserable failure for the past 65 years.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I totally agree as I said earlier.I really don't care what the bullet looks like that killed my food for the year as long as it is a quick clean kill.

The reason I don't care for Barnes is when I used them they were a copper fouling bullet,really bad...I know they have changed but I just much prefer the Nosler..Less tweeking...

As Rick Jamison tested the Nosler and Barnes in the 450 Marlin,they both lost petals but the Nosler penetrated 8 more inches than the 300 grain Barnes although,18" in his test media is pretty good but 26" was even better.

Owe well it is the net.

Jayco

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by logcutter
Since your to dense to look for yourself,I'll show you others right off the fire......Now answer.....Have you ever used Noslers or Barnes on Elk?

Jayco, now I'm really confused, as you've introduced another "variable" into your test methodology.

Why are you asking about Noslers? Are Noslers easier to recover from the internet, hence more amenable to your rigorous "testing" procedures?

I thought this thread was about Barnes Bullets?

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Owe well it is the net.

Jayco

Best place I've found for recovering bullets. Looks like you're onto it too though.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Well Smoke,yes I have shot an Elk with the Barnes bullet.
Jayco

You're not allowed to post in this thread!!

11b b4.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well,I lost my mind........I will have to pass on this for a while as earlier I caught a burglar stealing and smashing all my mirrors on all of my rigs right in front of the house......He can out run me but he was in his 20's.....

My Ford F-150-Both mirrors.

[Linked Image]

My Dodge van-Both mirrors.

[Linked Image]

My Dodge Dakota-Both mirrors....

[Linked Image]

Now I have to see if an Android can add these pictures to an e-mail to insurance.

Jayco

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What a [bleep] jerk.....

Jayco, aren't you the same guy who deplores name-calling? I'm astonished that a man of your caliber and erudition would resort to name-calling, how do you explain this?

Have you ever shot an Elk with either bullet?

Tell us your take on both on Elk.

Owe wait....You haven't....

Grow up.Leave it to you to turn this into a high school pissing contest.....

Jayco

And another thing, I find it ironic that the biggest pot-stirrer on the forum here gets his panties in a wad when someone else takes a page right out of his personal playbook and stirs the pot, right back at him. What's up with that?

As far as Barnes bullets on elk, no, I haven't personally pulled the trigger with any so unlike you, I am responding as the OP requested. Having said that, it appears that I have about twice the practical experience with them as you do with your sample of one. I loaded 168 TTSX's for my son's .308, which he used to kill an elk a few years back, with me right there watching. High shoulder shot, DRT, Hammer-of-Thor, and so on and so forth.

Then last year a good friend was burglarized and lost his rifles. I sold him a different .308 for his elk hunt, and gave him the 168 TTSXs I had loaded for it, which he used to kill a 340-ish bull. He shot it through the heart at 60 yards, recovered the bullet, and showed it to me. It didn't open at all, but it did kill the elk.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1100mag, 21, 160user, 68 invisible), 3,744 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,763
Posts18,535,748
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.