Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Watched some of the hyped up Denver at Indy game last night. Indy fans gave Peyton a nice welcome that even the announcers said was classy.

IIRC Brett Favre got the exact opposite in GB. No matter, unlike Peyton, he shredded the Cheeseheads. laugh laugh laugh

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Probably has a ton of difference in the class of the player that left both organizations.

Peyton - class
Brett - not so much

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Two situations w/ little in common but for departure of a franchise quarterback, the first difference being what teal cited.

p.s. anyway, Go Pack!

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
didja see the Bronco's fan sign when it flashed on the TV?

"Hey Colts - when you're done with Luck we'll take him too!"

grin

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Niner fans are some of the worst! Last week they were doing the wave while Calais Cambell was being boarded. crazy

Oregon Duck fans are even worse. cry

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Beargrease
Watched some of the hyped up Denver at Indy game last night. Indy fans gave Peyton a nice welcome that even the announcers said was classy.

IIRC Brett Favre got the exact opposite in GB. No matter, unlike Peyton, he shredded the Cheeseheads. laugh laugh laugh

Difference being is Indy kicked Manning loose prematurely out of fear over his neck injury. The Packers, on the other hand, had a franchise QB on roster, in the wings, waiting, while Favre was out there throwing up picks like he was getting performance bonuses for doing so, as well as refusing to be coached. Favre let himself become bigger than the franchise. Had he just gone away, or went to play for another team, all would have been well, and he'd still be a hero in GB. But, the prima donna wanted to stick it to the Packers in every way possible, and insisted on playing for a division opponent. In the end, the joke was on Favre and the vikings.

Brett Favre, keeping the Vikings out of the Super Bowl for 18 years....

[Linked Image]

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah Favre $hit in his own bed, Manning didn't........

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
I agree okok, went to Titans-49er game yesterday, we got whupped soundly but to celebrate, a 49's fan stood at the foot of the stairway in the section next to us and with both hands gave the california salute to the Titan fans. Had another behind us using mf in every sentence until I told him to knock it off, my daughter was setting directly in front of him. In my 15 years of attending Titans games this was by far the worst representation of opposing fans I have seen.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

You mean, like this game???

[Linked Image]

Yep - ya had Fav-ray - NOW YER GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! (as long as ya bought tix, like regular fans...)

Bwahahahahahahahahhaha

HEY, maybe you can ask the Wilfies if they can have Y. A. Tittle dug up and in uniform in time to replace Freeman next game.. Whatta ya say BG??

In any case, Peyton didn't chit on his fans like Fav-ray did.. And both got what they deserved..

Last edited by Redneck; 10/22/13.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Colt fans got my respect . Peyton put them on the map and they know it

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by okok
Niner fans are some of the worst! Last week they were doing the wave while Calais Cambell was being boarded. crazy

Oregon Duck fans are even worse. cry

This.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
4 years ago, the only place you could possibly find a 49ers fan was in his living room. Now all the saggers, swaggers and hipsters have their own Idol to adore in Kaepernick. I was taken aback at the shear amount of 49er fans that attended the titans game, in Tennessee. Interestingly enough, they were all dressed like dik-bags in those ridiculous Nike shirts with incredibly stupid sayings on them.

11b b4.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck

You mean, like this game???

[Linked Image]

Yep - ya had Fav-ray - NOW YER GOIN' TO THE SUPER BOWL!!! (as long as ya bought tix, like regular fans...)

Bwahahahahahahahahhaha

HEY, maybe you can ask the Wilfies if they can have Y. A. Tittle dug up and in uniform in time to replace Freeman next game.. Whatta ya say BG??

In any case, Peyton didn't chit on his fans like Fav-ray did.. And both got what they deserved..

Yeah, kinda silly that Viking fans hang their hat on the fact that Favre swept the Packers his first year there. What they don't mention is how that was the ONLY decent thing he did for Minnesota, and was the beginning of the end for him. Pack fans everywhere were ROFLMAO over his throwing of a completely boneheaded interception to end their SB hopes, as well as "Croc-gate" and being swept by GB the following year, who then, coincidentally went on to actually WIN the SB with Rodgers, while the vikes missed the playoffs with Favre.

If you think those two games Favre's first year in Minni sting Pack fans...well, maybe a little at the time. But our sides HURT LIKE A MOFO from laughing so hard at the reality of Favre and the Vikings and the Packers and Rodgers as it all unfolded the following year. I think the Packers clearly got the last few laughs outta that whole deal.

Still ROFLMAO...."Favre goes back....rolls out of pocket, he throws......INTERCEPTION!!!!!!! WHY DID HE DO THAT?!!!"

Favre was a great qb....when he had a great coach. But he got too head strong, self important, and after Holmgren, none of his subsequent coaches could control him or had the balls to "sit a legend" when he repeatedly did things his own way and refused to do it the coaches way. Favre got the better of himself, both in and out of games, and with Homgren gone and Irv Favre gone, I really believe he was just a kid running loose.

Ted Thompson advised Favre to just retire and "preserve his legacy". He should have listened, because the following 3 years fiddle [bleep] around with the Jets (and their Deanna younger twin looking "game day host") and the Vikings completely destroyed his image. His legacy may recover, given time, but he shouldn't hold his breath.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One only has to wonder about when Fav-ray is inevitably enshrined in the Hall of Fame - if he'll have the unmitigated gall to be shown in a Packers jersey. My suggestion is that he be displayed in Wrangler jeans and a tee shirt and be done with it...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IIRC - no player goes into the shrine in any jersey. They simply go in.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

I'll ask again: What jersey will be displayed in Fav-ray's display case?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Your comparison of the two QB's is a prime example of a Viking fan thinking again.

You never not crack me up.

Carry on

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
[Linked Image]

I'll ask again: What jersey will be displayed in Fav-ray's display case?

I guess I missed the part where Brees and Sproles were already inducted into the HOF. Sure they have gear there from significant games but they're NOT HOF members. That's NOT their HOF display.

Originally Posted by NFL HOF FAQ
The induction ceremony is usually held the first full weekend in August. An enshrinement festival is held throughout the week in Canton leading up to the induction ceremonies.

Enshrinees do not go into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of a certain team. Rather, all of an inductee's affiliations are listed equally. While the Baseball Hall of Fame plaques generally depict each of their inductees wearing a particular club's cap (with a few exceptions, such as Catfish Hunter),the bust sculptures of each Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee make no reference to any specific team. In addition to the bust that goes on permanent display at the Hall of Fame, inductees receive a distinctive golden jacket and previous inductees nearly always wear theirs when participating at new inductee ceremonies.

IOW - the player has zero say and the HOF gives equal time to all the affiliations the player had while in the NFL.

Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1234, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 35 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,856
Posts18,517,676
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.