It's not the years, it's the miles.

100% agree

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

HR IC

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
10/4,the green one is Sister's...but she likes to shoot mine and who am I to say "no"?!?

The Dude will scratch an eye outta your head,if you go to pinch the Rocktucky from him. Again...who am I to say "no"?!?

I just stay outta the way.(grin)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by thin_man
Originally Posted by smokepole

100% agree

The only time everything is "equal",is when it's setting on the shelf in it's wrapper.

Funny how things change,via actual use.(grin)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'd welcome a run of S/S follower springs,for every rifle I've got and that'd require more than (1) spring production run.(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boxer
10/4,the green one is Sister's...but she likes to shoot mine and who am I to say "no"?!?

The Dude will scratch an eye outta your head,if you go to pinch the Rocktucky from him. Again...who am I to say "no"?!?

I just stay outta the way.(grin)

Well it's for the children!

Who are we to deny the little boogers!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm forced to slum the blue Samtucky...which assuredly ain't a bad place to be.

I can see it gettin' famous.(grin)

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by smokepole

100% agree

The only time everything is "equal",is when it's setting on the shelf in it's wrapper.

Funny how things change,via actual use.(grin)

What's not so strange is most everyone that's borrowed or had trigger time with one of my Kimbers either now owns one or are compiling the funds to purchase one. wink

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A pard the other day,ordered (4). Another pard took delivery of a 223 'tuicky the other day and the first pitch(moly 50'Max kissin',Virgin W/W hulls and 10X)...went in the .2's for him.

You'd think that'd be tough to like,from a 5.5lb S/S Workhorse of a rifle,but it ain't.(grin)

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I'm forced to slum the blue Samtucky...which assuredly ain't a bad place to be.

I can see it gettin' famous.(grin)

Hopefully they let you tote some rounds with primers in'em and not the crash test dummies in that pic! laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've never not been happy,to let someone else have the first poke.

I ain't greedy...and like movers.(grin)

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

What's not so strange is most everyone that's borrowed or had trigger time with one of my Kimbers either now owns one or are compiling the funds to purchase one. wink

Same here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boxer on your montuckys, do you adjust the triggers?

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd welcome a run of S/S follower springs,for every rifle I've got and that'd require more than (1) spring production run.(grin)

$10k or so in tooling and you could have 1200-1500 springs per hour...but I'll look into it. smile Didn't even notice the mag spring when I had my Montana apart. SS material shouldn't be that hard to get, but I'll have to see what is feasible for small volumes as far as forming it.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Same here.

Yep I know of 3 of my friends that bought one after picking up my little .308. laugh

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Ever hear of a guy named Melvin Forbes? He went so far as to literally put his surname on the production rifle, which is supposedly an ISO 9001 dead-nuts exact replicate (the action at least) of the custom versions that he's manufactured for decades. Yeah, I'm really "going out on a limb" on this one.

I've heard of Melvin. Had one of his rifles that had to be sent back for several issues, including an improperly attached bolt handle and an out of spec chamber. He took care of it and I'm not going to bitch even though I spent a good bit of money sending it back to him more than once. There's no such thing as a perfect rifle, but my Kimbers have been worth the little bit of work I've put into them, like skim bedding, needed or not as the case may be. OK, you've had one that wouldn't shoot for you and [bleep] customer service. As I've said elsewhere, I've shot a lot more than one, and have yet to pull the trigger on one that didn't shoot.

And as for customer service, ever deal with Remington? And I can only wish my Remingtons would shoot as well "out of the box" as have the Kimbers.

Let it go...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Boxer on your montuckys, do you adjust the triggers?

Of course,a great rifle MUST have a great trigger.

The Montucky trigger shoe is wide/generous and due to mechanical design,they easily adjust down crisply,with zero creep.

They've got it all and then some.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I've boken alotta follower springs in my time,but that was the first one to snap into (3) pieces.

It's currently The Record,though they ain't settin' idle.(grin)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SquatToPee is beyond [bleep] clueless and Kimber cain't be faulted,for an inability to provide the stupid [bleep] IQ points. Of course,no other Manufacturer can either,besides her folks.

Just sayin'.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Good tip, I will watch for it next trip - though like I say, when the barrel warms up it starts stacking them. [/quote]

If it stacks em when the barrel warms up you most likely need a seating depth adjustment and it'll fix your cold bore problem.

Shod

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Seems I remember a certain unnamed Texican taking a .375 H&H Talkeetna to the Dark Continent... cool

The dumb SOB is damn lucky he survived and didn't get eaten by the lions. Everyone knows Kimbers are dog sheit and don't feed/extract properly, let alone shoot straight... he was pushing his luck and tempting fate! whistle

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1badf350, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,439
Posts18,489,434
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.