Who's running one?

Caliber?

Accuracy?

Scope?

Thanks all.
No one?
I picked one up and held it for a couple minutes in Cabelas

I gave the ugly sob back to the sales clerk
I just can't see wanting anything lighter than a regular Montana.
I've not been able to find one in other than .308 or .270 win. I'm holding out for the 30.06 version but now it's no longer listed on Kimber's website.

Didn't seem ugly to me.....besides I've got a dozen pretty wood stocks to fondle. I'm looking forward to carrying a rifle up the hill that weighs half as much as what I have now.

The last time I checked with my local gun store the wait time was 12 months. Apparently there is a lot of demand for "ugly".....
It's hard to make stainless and synthetic "pretty"

I'm not a big fan of the camo pattern on the stock, but I can't think it's any uglier than the rest of the off-the-shelf synthetics.

I'd buy one, but not at the $800 premium they are getting over the Montana.

I can't think of any reason the accuracy wouldn't be the same as a Montana.
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

I can't think of any reason the accuracy wouldn't be the same as a Montana.

That statement should give one pause. Ever heard of Kimber Roulette, this is the 2K version of the game.
Originally Posted by plainview
I've not been able to find one in other than .308 or .270 win. I'm holding out for the 30.06 version but now it's no longer listed on Kimber's website.

Kimber's website shows the 84L chambered in 270, 280AI, and 30-06.

Curious where you heard they discontinued the 30-06.
My hunting partner has one in 280ai and one in 30-06....got them shooting great with 140 accubonds I believe in the 280 and 180 NABs in the 30-06 both with loaded with RL-17

His wife took a sheep at 422 yards this year.

He shot a goat at 523 yards.......so yeah they can shoot alright....if you wanna risk the dreaded Kimber Roulette even though you don't hear anymore reports on them being so bad if they have been made in the past 5-6 years....I'm thinking they got their stuff together. Have owned two...been around half dozen more that all shot great. Some people just have terrible luck all the time...;)

Ask the dumbass TAK how that rifle shoots now it's in competent hands? The biggest flaw the kimber he owned had was the idiot pulling the trigger.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Ask the dumbass TAK how that rifle shoots now it's in competent hands? The biggest flaw the kimber he owned had was the idiot pulling the trigger.

Yep, that non-shooting dumbass who's name is on the honor grad plaque on the wall in the SOTIC classroom. That same classroom you've never stepped foot in. USSOCOM says that not only can I pull trigger, I was the best that showed up for that class.

I never claimed to be a gunsmith, and my whole point is, when you play Kimber roulette, you'd better have some no-schidt gunsmith skills, and as many here have testified to, many of the kimbers still won't shoot until Pacnor finally installs a decent barrel
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Yep, that non-shooting dumbass who's name is on the honor grad plaque on the wall in the SOTIC classroom. That same classroom you've never stepped foot in. USSOCOM says that not only can I pull trigger, I was the best that showed up for that class.

I never claimed to be a gunsmith, and my whole point is, when you play Kimber roulette, you'd better have some no-schidt gunsmith skills, and as many here have testified to, many of the kimbers still won't shoot until Pacnor finally installs a decent barrel

Can you show me 5 places where someone who has bought a new one in the last 3 years had a lot of problems?? I can do the same thing with the other rifle makers...there are problems with all of them none are fool proof. Whining about your bad experience on each and every thread about Kimbers does show you have persistence for sure though and for that I applaud you....:D
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Whining about your bad experience on each and every thread about Kimbers does show you have persistence for sure though and for that I applaud you....:D

Persistent? YES. Get used to it.

When you PAY for a Lexus, you are supposed to GET a Lexus (that would be a Kimber)

When you PAY for a Corolla, you are supposed to GET a Carolla, but in the case of some $450 700 ADL's, the "Carolla" will shoot lights out.

I'm really happy you snagged a nice Montana Lanche, but the fact remains that Kimber USA not only built a schitty rifle and sold it to me, they REFUSED to fix it, and that's a fact that SA Smoker will attest to, and also the gunsmith who could not believe what he saw through a loupe when he checked the crown. Facts are stubborn things, sorta like me.

The manufacture date on my rifle was 5yrs ago (it sat on a dealers rack for a LONG time) but Kimber USA's azz-[bleep] of yours truly was RECENT. Buyer beware. Say "Forbes Rifle" over and over again when you see a Montana.

Thanks for the memories, Al Bundy. How many TD's did you score in high school? That's just about as relevant today, you stupid [bleep]. Welcome to 2013!
Oh, and thanks for the PM. I love you too.
Whining about your bad experience on each and every thread about Kimbers does show you have persistence for sure though and for that I applaud you....:D

Persistent? YES. Get used to it.

When you PAY for a Lexus, you are supposed to GET a Lexus (that would be a Kimber)

When you PAY for a Corolla, you are supposed to GET a Carolla, but in the case of some $450 700 ADL's, the "Carolla" will shoot lights out.

I'm really happy you snagged a nice Montana Lanche, but the fact remains that Kimber USA not only built a schitty rifle and sold it to me, they REFUSED to fix it, and that's a fact that SA Smoker will attest to, and also the gunsmith who could not believe what he saw through a loupe when he checked the crown. Facts are stubborn things, sorta like me.

The manufacture date on my rifle was 5yrs ago (it sat on a dealers rack for a LONG time) but Kimber USA's azz-[bleep] of yours truly was RECENT. Buyer beware. Say "Forbes Rifle" over and over again when you see a Montana.

I've had issues with my Ruger and Remington...both instances custy service told me to pound sand....yet I still like them and not crying every time a rifle gets talked about....you haven't' even owned a Kimber Ascent...but your experience with a single rifle shows all about the company.

Good luck to you this season...hope you kill a big one with the forbes you have so much experience with.
a braked barrel is a total turn off for me, been there won't get another one. I have the montana in 308 and I like it a lot.
Being a capable shooter and knowing how to make a rifle shoot are two different things. I can shoot really well but if my ammo sucks my rifle will never miraculously continue to print 1" or less.

It always seem to be the smallest of important details that get ones confused.

I do agree it is a possibility to get a lemon however in my experience The problem way more often than not is the nut rolling the ammo or pulling the trigger.

The sure way to determine rifle or shooter is to put your rifle in someone elses hands. If it suddenly shoots lights out then apply notes and do the same. The other alternative is too stand there locked legged and stiff kneed refusing to learn.

Shod
These are both .280 ackleys
[Linked Image]

One out of the box shoot/shot 1/2-3/4", might be some potential to shrink those with some more work or so the person loading them thought.

Other one I believe did a few around an 1", but most were closer to 1 1/2-2"

Same person behind them both. Would either one of them kill whatever it is you're aiming at under 99% of conditions - YES
Doesn't sound like anyone has spun the wheel and bought one yet.
John, I've been a climber, backpacker and mountain hunter my whole life. It's no secret I love Kimber MT rifles. But there's an end to where "light" makes sense and begins to become a Quixotic Pursuit.

To me, the Kimber Mtn Ascent is in the "Quixotic" category.

At the end of the day, a rifle has to settle down for the shot, and since I find a stock Kimber 308 MT to be at the ragged edge of light, I suspect a lot of folks are like me and will pass on the Mtn Ascent as just too much of a good thing.

Agreed Brad, Like I mentioned in another post about large objectives, Americans are guilty of thinking if a little of something is good, A lot must be better.

There's always a trade off.
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Kimber's website shows the 84L chambered in 270, 280AI, and 30-06.

Curious where you heard they discontinued the 30-06.

The 84L, yes. But the Mountain Ascent only shows the .308. (and I like .308's...I just wanted it in the 30.06 instead)

The 84L, yes. But the Mountain Ascent only shows the .308. (and I like .308's...I just wanted it in the 30.06 instead)

http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/model-84l

Scroll down to find what you seek. They make an 84L Ascent.
Originally Posted by turkish

http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/model-84l

Scroll down to find what you seek. They make an 84L Ascent.

Thanks. What was lost is now found.
I agree that 'light' can go too far. However, if I could move weight from the action area to the end of the barrel where it would contribute to stability I believe you could go lighter than the Montana. A little anyway. Other factors there such as the cartridge and recoil would come into play though. An example would be going to a carbon fiber mag box, Ti bolt to shave a few ounces, then adding iron sights. Might be a smidge lighter overall, yet as stable, or more.
I would like to try out one of those 84L Montanas. Had a 'regular' 84L in '06 for a while. Always looking for my 'perfect' hunting rifle even though if I did find one, it'd be a sad day. Too much fun trying to find 'the one'.
Originally Posted by prm
I agree that 'light' can go too far. However, if I could move weight from the action area to the end of the barrel where it would contribute to stability I believe you could go lighter than the Montana. A little anyway. Other factors there such as the cartridge and recoil would come into play though. An example would be going to a carbon fiber mag box, Ti bolt to shave a few ounces, then adding iron sights. Might be a smidge lighter overall, yet as stable, or more.

Don't disagree, but we're dealing with "what is" not "what could be."
Brad,

Have you owned an 84M Montana and 84L Montana at the same time?

Would appreciate your thoughts on handling between the two if you done both. I know the 8400 feels awkward to me but its been awhile since I've seen an 84L around.

Jason
[quote=GreatWaputi]Ask the dumbass TAK how that rifle shoots now it's in competent hands? The biggest flaw the kimber he owned had was the idiot pulling the trigger. [/quote

Careful. He will tell you that some celebrity shooter wont allow kimbers( input any item he has heard bad things about). On their range. Then call you clueless for politely telling him to piss in the wind]
Originally Posted by Brad

At the end of the day, a rifle has to settle down for the shot, and since I find a stock Kimber 308 MT to be at the ragged edge of light, I suspect a lot of folks are like me and will pass on the Mtn Ascent as just too much of a good thing.

I agree.

The 84M Montana, especially in larger calibers, is almost too light to shoot really well from field positions. My only experience with the Mountain Ascent is holding one in a gun store, but it seemed to be too much of a good thing, and I strongly suspect it would be really difficult to shoot well.
I'm another one with a 7mm-08 Montana that wasn't worth the price of admission. S/N KM195XX. For a while I assumed it was my bench technique.

To summarize, the barrel was rough inside, with not-so-well formed rifling, according to the borescope. No bedding compound either, just dropped in the stock. Three 120 Ballistic tips went into about 4" from a cold, fouled barrel, fired very slowly. Let the barrel warm up, and heck, it would put 3 into one hole. Carrying a barrel warmer would seem to add excessive weight, however smile

I fire lapped it and bedded it with Brownells steel bed (which FWIW is almost a perfect color math to the stock). So now it's doing 2" from a cold fouled barrel. It seems to like 140's a little better than 120's. I still think my bench technique needs work; getting more horizontal stringing now.

I'll keep fiddling with it I guess, for this season. Next year, unless I suddenly have some epiphany, it will get a better barrel - which is what it should have had, for $1000. smirk

Kimber designs really cool, interesting, attractive guns, then cuts corners building them, IMO.
Tex n cal,

I've seen horizontal stringing occur often with shooters that aren't getting the rifle butt in the shoulder pocket...often it's short armed guys or women that are trying to get into the scope better and let the butt rest on outer shoulder or upper arm....recoil slides the butt down the arm etc....I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.....

My Montana 338 Federal has to really be tucked into the shoulder pocket against a good cheek weld.
Originally Posted by VernAK
Tex n cal,

I've seen horizontal stringing occur often with shooters that aren't getting the rifle butt in the shoulder pocket...often it's short armed guys or women that are trying to get into the scope better and let the butt rest on outer shoulder or upper arm....recoil slides the butt down the arm etc....I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.....

My Montana 338 Federal has to really be tucked into the shoulder pocket against a good cheek weld.

Yes, 84M Montana's will make more than a few spruce up their form and technique.
Ever heard of Kimber Roulette, this is the 2K version of the game.

Laffin

[Linked Image]
Tex n cal,

Who me? short armed? grin

Good tip, I will watch for it next trip - though like I say, when the barrel warms up it starts stacking them.
I would say the 84L balanced better for me. It felt like there was more weight forward in it.
How about the 84M Classic Select? I'm about to get one in 7-08 and wonder if they are the same barreled action as the montana or if it has a heavier barrel.
I have a Kimber Mtn. Ascent in 280 Ackley. Had to play around with some loads to get it right. 62 grains H4831SC and a 140 grain Barnes Triple Shock works in that rifle. 3 shots under an inch with a cold bore. Shot an animalope with it so far. Maybe a muley next. Also have an 8400 Montana 300 WSM and a Classic 270 WSM that I have killed many elk, deer, and antelope with. I've never had a problem. Guess I've been lucky. I really like my Mountain Ascent. Never had a rifle with a weed burner before and I actually like the recoil reduction it's just really loud so you have to wear good ear protection. Just my experience.
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
How about the 84M Classic Select? I'm about to get one in 7-08 and wonder if they are the same barreled action as the montana or if it has a heavier barrel.

Same barrel and action as the Montana, just CM instead of SS.
Yes, 84M Montana's will make more than a few spruce up their form and technique.

Bigwhoop, if that's the case here, I guess TexnCal's technique must improve as the barrel heats up.

Because he said it stacks them with a warm barrel... whistle
after the barrel gets warm:

[Linked Image]

that is its best group, but the trend, tightening as the barrel heats I have seen repeated several times.
My dad recently purchased his dream rifle, Montana 7-08, after waiting awhile, at my behest, for the problems to be fixed. His first range session was a reported "maybe 6-inch group" with some factory rounds. I've seen him touch holes with his M70 fwt from a poor rest.

I hope my reloading and some patience can come thru for him or I'm afraid he'll be pretty dejected. He isn't much on gun trading and is used to sticking to a good performer for decades.
Joe Average,ain't very bright...nor a fair barometer of much of anything.

Hope to load some '15 fueled Skinners in Lapooie hulls,for a pair of 308 Ascents next week and will be curious to see how they do...both turnkey and with love.
Boxer, I will, rather humbly bow to your wisdom. Months ago you suggested I should drink the kool-aid and buy a montana, rather than build an equivalent on a Remington.

I have not been disappointed in the slightest

Kudos
Originally Posted by Boxer
Jfor a pair of 308 Ascents next week and will be curious to see how they do...both turnkey and with love.

Picked this Montana up second hand based on reading somebody's posts, and glad I did so.

All stock, and no mods.

200 yards, first three shots of the day. Touch of wind moved it off the point, but no complaints.

Good luck with yours B. Looking forward to taking this one out next month.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Boxer, I will, rather humbly bow to your wisdom.

You gonna offer him a handjob while you're at it? He'd most likely let you.
My dad recently purchased his dream rifle, Montana 7-08, after waiting awhile, at my behest, for the problems to be fixed. His first range session was a reported "maybe 6-inch group" with some factory rounds. I've seen him touch holes with his M70 fwt from a poor rest.

I hope my reloading and some patience can come thru for him or I'm afraid he'll be pretty dejected. He isn't much on gun trading and is used to sticking to a good performer for decades.

Could you tell us when this rifle was built. AK Lanche "assured" me that ALL montanas are good as gold built in the last five years.

Could you tell us when this rifle was built. AK Lanche "assured" me that ALL montanas are good as gold built in the last five years.

Really where did I say that...I believe I said "you don't hear anymore reports on them being so bad if they have been made in the past 5-6 years....I'm thinking they got their stuff together. Have owned two...been around half dozen more that all shot great. Some people just have terrible luck all the time...;)"

Made of gold....nah thats too heavy anyways....are they perfect nope, they'll still have quirks just like other rifle maker out there....But you never seem to let facts get in the way of a good story so rock on man!

Hows your Forbes shooting for ya? I'm sure its working out great as seem like great rifles no doubt, but I have no first hand experience with one so I would like to hear how yours is shooting. They weren't around in SS or to be had for $1050 like I paid for my Kimber otherwise I might have gone that route.

Lanche, there is this literary device called hyperbole, look in to it.

I don't have a Forbes yet, as the SS actions are, as yet, unavailable. I may just do a build on a Rem 600 I have. I do have a Steyr Scout, that I have a tad bit of experience with, it is a pound heavier than a MT, but I can carry it.

I don't have a Forbes yet, as the SS actions are, as yet, unavailable. I may just do a build on a Rem 600 I have. I do have a Steyr Scout, that I have a tad bit of experience with, it is a pound heavier than a MT, but I can carry it.

Ohok, so you don't have a Forbes yet.....well best of luck to you if you do go that route.
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Brad,

Have you owned an 84M Montana and 84L Montana at the same time?

Would appreciate your thoughts on handling between the two if you done both. I know the 8400 feels awkward to me but its been awhile since I've seen an 84L around.

Jason

I have both. I've done lots of bench and field shooting with 84M Montana 308s but to this point, have only had the 84L Montana on the bench and some dry firing practice. I'm able to shoulder the 84M a little more consistently (it's almost like a small 22LR). The 84L seems to have a slightly longer LOP so it takes a little getting used to after using the 84M so much; it's not worse, just different. So far it seems to be as accurate as all my other Kimbers have been.

I don't notice the 84L "settling down" any better than the 84M, but then for me, it's tough for a rifle to be too light; I shot my 4.5 pound NULA as well or better than anything. It may say something for Kimbers though that I no longer have the NULA but still gladly carry the Kimbers around in the mountains along with a little extra weight.

HAHA thanks for the info on hyperbole....So you spout of about how much better the forbes is even though you haven't bought one yet or even fired one yet? Right on, for Forbes sake I really hope that you get one that shoots I guess otherwise we'll have to hear you chime in on every forbes rifle thread as well wink I admitted the Forbes is a great rifle likely, but don't have one so I don't talk about that which I haven't personally experienced. However some would rather just speculate and frequently use the hyperbole device than actually GO HUNTING and try it out in real life, which is fine we all have our own style, and if that works for you then by all means please continue to do so.

As I have been jumping out of airplanes and shooting rifles since you were a suckling babe, I might actually know one or two things about the industry. Ever hear of a guy named Melvin Forbes? He went so far as to literally put his surname on the production rifle, which is supposedly an ISO 9001 dead-nuts exact replicate (the action at least) of the custom versions that he's manufactured for decades. Yeah, I'm really "going out on a limb" on this one.

I have personal experience that testifies to the fact that Kimber USA will [bleep] over its customers without hesitation. Their are many threads here that testify to Mr Forbes' customer service with the rifles he has sold. If he did not think the guys in Maine (formerly of Saco) were willing to put their customers first, he wouldn't not have lent his name to product. "Forbes roulette" is not yet part of the lexicon here, and I seriously doubt it will become so.

There are many threads here of you kimberphiles who speak glowingly of their beloveds, many after having to spend quite a bit of effort and time to unphuck it. There are about as many who's experience parallels mine. Let the buyer beware.

HAHA thanks for the info on hyperbole....So you spout of about how much better the forbes is even though you haven't bought one yet or even fired one yet? Right on, for Forbes sake I really hope that you get one that shoots I guess otherwise we'll have to hear you chime in on every forbes rifle thread as well wink I admitted the Forbes is a great rifle likely, but don't have one so I don't talk about that which I haven't personally experienced. However some would rather just speculate and frequently use the hyperbole device than actually GO HUNTING and try it out in real life, which is fine we all have our own style, and if that works for you then by all means please continue to do so.

As I have been jumping out of airplanes and shooting rifles since you were a suckling babe, I might actually know one or two things about the industry. Ever hear of a guy named Melvin Forbes? He went so far as to literally put his surname on the production rifle, which is supposedly an ISO 9001 dead-nuts exact replicate (the action at least) of the custom versions that he's manufactured for decades. Yeah, I'm really "going out on a limb" on this one.

I have personal experience that testifies to the fact that Kimber USA will [bleep] over its customers without hesitation. Their are many threads here that testify to Mr Forbes' customer service with the rifles he has sold. If he did not think the guys in Maine (formerly of Saco) were willing to put their customers first, he wouldn't not have lent his name to product. "Forbes roulette" is not yet part of the lexicon here, and I seriously doubt it will become so.

There are many threads here of you kimberphiles who speak glowingly of their beloveds, many after having to spend quite a bit of effort and time to unphuck it. There are about as many who's experience parallels mine. Let the buyer beware.

Yep and after they "unphuck" them they are still into them less than an a Forbes and get stainless and CRF.

So my buddy that had a NULA that he couldn't' get to shoot as well as his Savage in the same caliber should go back to this "Mr. Forbes" crying? Nah he just sucked it up and sold it.

Oh and thanks for the history lesson about this Forbes character..I guess I'll have to go google him wink
As I have been jumping out of airplanes and shooting rifles since you were a suckling babe, I might actually know one or two things about the industry.

This gets my vote for best quote of the thread. How does jumping out of military aircraft qualify you to comment on the latest bolt action hunting rifles? Specifically, a rifle that you've never handled?

I've read many of 'lanche's posts, and for my money, I'll take the word of a younger guy who traipses all over the Alaska backcountry and does what he does over the word of a guy who feels the need to talk about jumping out of airplanes on a hunting rifle thread any day. It's not the years, it's the miles.
SquatToPee,

You are an amazingly clueless dumbfhuck and folks who "know" as much as you,would do far better to ask questions,as opposed to giving "answers".

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please,but Reality is that you are in reliably over your head and perpetually proving it.

Now tell me about that one time in Band Camp.

Again.

Laffin'!
SquatToPee is an incredibly slow "learner".

Poor dumbfhucker is stumped,with the most basics of basics and likes to try and pawn off her [bleep] incredible Stupidity as being someone else's "fault".

The only thing she shoots,is her mouth.
My Montana has never had accuracy issues and is starting to look like it was dragged through parking lot and still shoots straight.

Killed this bull with one a couple weekends back.

[Linked Image]

I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a Ascent.
I've yet to see a "bad" Montana or even a "mediocre" Montana,though admittedly...I know my way around a rifle,the loading press and I've seen me shoot.(grin)

They dazzle on the average,for them with a clue.
You're loading tutorial on ARAIG somehow tightened up my groups. : ) Getting [bleep] right out of the gate takes care of a lot of problems.
Rifles talk,if you listen.

I LOVE to buy rifles that "don't shoot"...though it's getting tougher and tougher to do,as more than a few folks is takin' notes and applyin' same.(grin)
Nice to see your one-a-day rescinded....should liven up hunting season....(wink)...
Funny to let the Whiners "think" lotsa schit.(grin)
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
My Montana has never had accuracy issues and is starting to look like it was dragged through parking lot and still shoots straight.

[Linked Image]

Nice bull Terry! That Montana shot very well from the beginning. I'll own another one day.

Tanner
my Kimber Montan in 260 will throw the first two into damn near the same hole but as the barrel warms up is an inch to an inch and a quarter rifle by the time i get to the last round in the mag.....is it a perfect gun? absolutely not it had a few growing pains i had to work out but like a bur on the follower that was screwing up feeding but for 1/3 of the price of a NULA ill deal with it and spend some time working out the issues....it is by far my favorite rifle even if it aint the most accurate and one ill likely never sell....
Hope to save enough one day,to get me a Montana...as their premise seems sound.

They look light and handy.
Originally Posted by TexasTBag

[Linked Image]

Well "dragged through parking lot" has piqued my curiosity. A picture perhaps?

Also, nice elk!
Saw this one online,looks to be about 98%.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Undoubtedly a Safe Queen and likely don't shoot.
Might be time for a touch up!

What's the deal with the tape on the turrets?
I think they do it to add visibility to the platform,so as to keep things "fair" for the Critters.

Second guess would be as reserve replacement wrap,for high volume muzzle's.
This one looks to be in about 97% condition and may have had a halfa box or so of ammo through it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1543.jpg[/img]

My assumption would be that it's pristine condition,is due to the fact that it too likely doesn't shoot...so it see's very little time out in the field.
I wish you guys would go back to huffing your spray paint rather than putting gawd-awful colors on good rifles.....
Laffin, very Picasso esque.

I've always seen the extra tape on the barrel
I wish you guys would go back to huffing your spray paint rather than putting gawd-awful colors on good rifles.....

Paint routinely offends them who do the least,which just so happen to be the same who Whine the most. Congratulations?

Funny how that works.

Nawwwwww...MUCH funnier than that!
I'm fickle with my spouts and cain't want unwanted contact,so as to retain pristine Harmonification.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks like it had some hard time on it from Savage99 in the Connecticut Tundra.
This one is in 99.9% condition.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Poor/dumb '99,couldn't knock the new offa a used pair of boots.

But she sure as schit could Pretend to.(grin)

HA!

When you do get one, you need to make a video on proper "break in" methods... laugh

DF
I keep thinking to my self,that one of them Montana's would be handy.

[Linked Image]
Hutch has more kills than 99 does..
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

HA!

When you do get one, you need to make a video on proper "break in" methods... laugh

DF

By God...you are onto something. Many wrongfully malign the exacting benefits of a thorough Break-in.

Some seemingly think rifles are just tools and use them in all conditions,which would be the last thing I'd do.
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Hutch has more kills than 99 does..

That big diesel burning sonofabitch,has taken more scalps than The Do Nothing Gang in compilation and he gets sidetracked licking his nuts.(grin)
My understanding is,from a very "reliable" "source" in a tinfoil hat and purple KoolAid stained lips from Burger King,is that the Montana's gots "bad" feedramps and the 7mm's especially are problematic platforms in regards to precision.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Do you feed your 7 WSMs any Barnes or strictly AMAX's?
Sir,

I'll have you know that X boolits fowl boars and A-Max's are for paper only!

I would not have a 7WSM,with a 300WSM or better yet 325WSM available,because increased recoil kills animals better. Nosler Partitions are the best you can do and always my first choice...because they are old.

My understanding is,from a very "reliable" "source" in a tinfoil hat and purple KoolAid stained lips from Burger King,is that the Montana's gots "bad" feedramps and the 7mm's especially are problematic platforms in regards to precision.

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!

wonder if those that think they have a bad feed ramp just had a slight bur on the follower like i did....didnt take much work with a piece of emory cloth to fix the issue....i think the rifle was out of commission for all of 15 minutes....
Sir,

All followers are equal,but The Burger King Brigade knows feed geometry and ALL 82 Trick Moves. Do not slight that "fact"!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

For your own Safety...PLEASE do not slight the amount of Pretend,that may be Imagined upon you,by men in hair nets and paper hats.

This one looks to be in about 97% condition and may have had a halfa box or so of ammo through it.

[Linked Image]

mmmm...carbon steel springs in a stainless rifle, what could go wrong... smirk

you are sure getting your mileage out of your sample of one.
Originally Posted by toad

Too many trips out of the airplane seems to have taken a toll on more than the Kimber... blush

DF
All you guys waxing eloquent praise upon Kimber rifles has my attention. Perhaps one day I'll buy one and see what all the fuss is about... wink
Seems I remember a certain unnamed Texican taking a .375 H&H Talkeetna to the Dark Continent... cool

DF
Originally Posted by toad

Dumbazz should've worn a helmet during those jumps... whistle
Yep, his obsession with Kimber is crazy. Don't like them don't buy em but leave others opinions be. JMHO

Have four and my expierence has been very positive.
I have serious doubts that TAK has ever been hunting.
Originally Posted by smokepole
As I have been jumping out of airplanes and shooting rifles since you were a suckling babe, I might actually know one or two things about the industry.

This gets my vote for best quote of the thread. How does jumping out of military aircraft qualify you to comment on the latest bolt action hunting rifles? Specifically, a rifle that you've never handled?

I've read many of 'lanche's posts, and for my money, I'll take the word of a younger guy who traipses all over the Alaska backcountry and does what he does over the word of a guy who feels the need to talk about jumping out of airplanes on a hunting rifle thread any day. It's not the years, it's the miles.

+1
Originally Posted by RDFinn

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Looks like it had some hard time on it from Savage99 in the Connecticut Tundra.

Take it easy on the CT Tundra, we're not all like 99 laugh

[Linked Image]

Sis musta painted the green one it shows some real skill! I being a green fan actually like that one considerably.

Mike
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I have serious doubts that TAK has ever been hunting.

He can sure hunt up a thread about Kimbers...

It's not the years, it's the miles.

100% agree
10/4,the green one is Sister's...but she likes to shoot mine and who am I to say "no"?!?

The Dude will scratch an eye outta your head,if you go to pinch the Rocktucky from him. Again...who am I to say "no"?!?

I just stay outta the way.(grin)
Originally Posted by thin_man

100% agree

The only time everything is "equal",is when it's setting on the shelf in it's wrapper.

Funny how things change,via actual use.(grin)
I'd welcome a run of S/S follower springs,for every rifle I've got and that'd require more than (1) spring production run.(grin)
10/4,the green one is Sister's...but she likes to shoot mine and who am I to say "no"?!?

The Dude will scratch an eye outta your head,if you go to pinch the Rocktucky from him. Again...who am I to say "no"?!?

I just stay outta the way.(grin)

Well it's for the children!

Who are we to deny the little boogers!
I'm forced to slum the blue Samtucky...which assuredly ain't a bad place to be.

I can see it gettin' famous.(grin)

100% agree

The only time everything is "equal",is when it's setting on the shelf in it's wrapper.

Funny how things change,via actual use.(grin)

What's not so strange is most everyone that's borrowed or had trigger time with one of my Kimbers either now owns one or are compiling the funds to purchase one. wink
A pard the other day,ordered (4). Another pard took delivery of a 223 'tuicky the other day and the first pitch(moly 50'Max kissin',Virgin W/W hulls and 10X)...went in the .2's for him.

You'd think that'd be tough to like,from a 5.5lb S/S Workhorse of a rifle,but it ain't.(grin)
I'm forced to slum the blue Samtucky...which assuredly ain't a bad place to be.

I can see it gettin' famous.(grin)

Hopefully they let you tote some rounds with primers in'em and not the crash test dummies in that pic! laugh

Mike
I've never not been happy,to let someone else have the first poke.

I ain't greedy...and like movers.(grin)

What's not so strange is most everyone that's borrowed or had trigger time with one of my Kimbers either now owns one or are compiling the funds to purchase one. wink

Same here.
Boxer on your montuckys, do you adjust the triggers?
I'd welcome a run of S/S follower springs,for every rifle I've got and that'd require more than (1) spring production run.(grin)

$10k or so in tooling and you could have 1200-1500 springs per hour...but I'll look into it. smile Didn't even notice the mag spring when I had my Montana apart. SS material shouldn't be that hard to get, but I'll have to see what is feasible for small volumes as far as forming it.

Same here.

Yep I know of 3 of my friends that bought one after picking up my little .308. laugh
Ever hear of a guy named Melvin Forbes? He went so far as to literally put his surname on the production rifle, which is supposedly an ISO 9001 dead-nuts exact replicate (the action at least) of the custom versions that he's manufactured for decades. Yeah, I'm really "going out on a limb" on this one.

I've heard of Melvin. Had one of his rifles that had to be sent back for several issues, including an improperly attached bolt handle and an out of spec chamber. He took care of it and I'm not going to bitch even though I spent a good bit of money sending it back to him more than once. There's no such thing as a perfect rifle, but my Kimbers have been worth the little bit of work I've put into them, like skim bedding, needed or not as the case may be. OK, you've had one that wouldn't shoot for you and [bleep] customer service. As I've said elsewhere, I've shot a lot more than one, and have yet to pull the trigger on one that didn't shoot.

And as for customer service, ever deal with Remington? And I can only wish my Remingtons would shoot as well "out of the box" as have the Kimbers.

Let it go...
Boxer on your montuckys, do you adjust the triggers?

Of course,a great rifle MUST have a great trigger.

The Montucky trigger shoe is wide/generous and due to mechanical design,they easily adjust down crisply,with zero creep.

They've got it all and then some.

I've boken alotta follower springs in my time,but that was the first one to snap into (3) pieces.

It's currently The Record,though they ain't settin' idle.(grin)
SquatToPee is beyond [bleep] clueless and Kimber cain't be faulted,for an inability to provide the stupid [bleep] IQ points. Of course,no other Manufacturer can either,besides her folks.

Just sayin'.

Good tip, I will watch for it next trip - though like I say, when the barrel warms up it starts stacking them. [/quote]

If it stacks em when the barrel warms up you most likely need a seating depth adjustment and it'll fix your cold bore problem.

Shod
Seems I remember a certain unnamed Texican taking a .375 H&H Talkeetna to the Dark Continent... cool

The dumb SOB is damn lucky he survived and didn't get eaten by the lions. Everyone knows Kimbers are dog sheit and don't feed/extract properly, let alone shoot straight... he was pushing his luck and tempting fate! whistle
Originally Posted by Shod

Good tip, I will watch for it next trip - though like I say, when the barrel warms up it starts stacking them.

If it stacks em when the barrel warms up you most likely need a seating depth adjustment and it'll fix your cold bore problem.

Shod
[/quote]

seating to mag box length, but reckon I could try a little shorter.
Tex....in several rifles that I have where the mag is the constraint I've seated bullets deeper to clean up a horizontal spread. Last rifle was getting a 2 " cold bore horizontal spread with a seating depth of 3.420 then would shoot under 3/4" after it warmed up.I ended up at 3.320 with cold bore groups just under 1/2 inch.

Shod
Originally Posted by FOsteology

The dumb SOB is damn lucky he survived and didn't get eaten by the lions. Everyone knows Kimbers are dog sheit and don't feed/extract properly, let alone shoot straight... he was pushing his luck and tempting fate! whistle

Of course, that identity is strictly classified... cool

DF
So, has anyone ever put a pressure point between the barrel & forend of a Montana, and if so, did it help?
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
So, has anyone ever put a pressure point between the barrel & forend of a Montana, and if so, did it help?

Blasphemy.

If I wanted to do something different other than bedding the action and shank, I'd neutral-bed the entire barrel ala Melvin Forbes.

Brad you poor clueless [bleep],stick with what you know...which is licking windows.

Brad you poor clueless [bleep],stick with what you know...which is licking windows.

Wow, so you'd put a pressure point in a Kimber MT?

Only a completely clueless idiot would do something that dumb... I expected better of you.
You remain at the mercy of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" and it's always [bleep] hilarious,when you Pretend a clue.

Do I drive Montuckys wearing pressure points? More than a few.

As per always,you are doing "great".

Laffin'!

You remain at the mercy of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension" and it's always [bleep] hilarious,when you Pretend a clue.

Do I drive Montuckys wearing pressure points? More than a few.

As per always,you are doing "great".

Laffin'!

Pressure points are for those that can't fathom how to get a rifle to shoot without resorting to "tricks"... you are obviously dumber than you seem. But then, you're a Remington disciple and they DO love their pressure points... nothing makes a mediocre barrel shoot better!
Brad,

LOVE the Whine.

In fairness,I have owned a Remington and if I recall,perhaps another Make/Model or two.

Results are never a "trick",but I groove on getting "advice" from a Windowlicker in a Burger King hairnet,wearing her tinfoil hat and drinking purple KoolAid from a sippy cup.

It remains a shame,that you are too [bleep] Stupid,to have even the foggiest notion of how incredibly [bleep] stupid you are.

Musta missed it,which Montuckys are you Pretending to shoot now? I lose track of your Imagination,just like you do.

Laffin'!
So you do resort to pressure points... too funny.

World class rifleman... not.
I "resort" to results,with boring regularity. Give it a whirl sometime.

In fairness...I've never seen anyone better with a rifle than I.

Your insecurities as per always,are VERY wellfounded.

Bless your heart.
I "resort" to results,with boring regularity. Give it a whirl sometime.

Your insecurities as per always,are VERY wellfounded.

Bless your heart.

Funny... a guy that lives in AK and can pull any over-the-counter tag, yet only shoots black tail deer and black bears... the stuff that make their living on logging roads.

Where are the mountain goats, sheep, bull moose, elk, grizzlies, brown bears?

You're lazy...
Well rifles weren't working for you and them insecurities were tough to stomach,even from afar. Now you are more than a touch disgruntled that Burger King "benefits",preclude you from chasing Critters?!?

What were the "odds"?!?

Looking forward to the next Whine.

Laffin'!
I'm still wondering, lazy boy, where are all the Alaskan Trophies you should have?

You're all talk... pretty plain to see for those that have watched your spasms over the last 12 years.

And any dumbazz can rust-out a rifle... that's the stuff that marines get washed out for. You've turned it into bragging rights. Talk about upside down... you're the King.
I have several relatively light for their chamberings, custom-bedded hunting rifles, in major rounds such as the .338WM, the 9,3x62 and .300 and .375 H&H, that have been fully bedded, with "neutral" barrel channel pressure, by some of the top guys in the trade...Martini Gunmakers, is among these.

My Dakota 76-.338WM, my matched pair of factory 9,3x62s, original Brno ZG-47s, and most of my near mint P-64 Mod. 70s are done this way and ALL of these shoot consistently sub-moa with hunting loads, mostly boring old Nossy Pts, at "fast" for cartridge velocities.

Now, with almost 56 years of rather intense rifle shooting, about 150 rifles owned, loaded for and shot and after major culling recently, still 27 functional bolt guns, three actions abuilding and three other CF rifles in my two safes, I am NOT an "expert" and most here know far more than I ever shall, however, the finest smiths, most experienced users of rifles and many others I respect ALL recommend full, neutral bedding and I now have this done to any new piece that I obtain.

As to Kimbers, I was at my Vancouver, BC, gunstore, today, to pickup my fine, matched pair of P-64 "H&H" rifles and my custom Merkel drilling as they were not selling while there on consignment. They showed me a Kimber rifle, a 7RM, in a fine laminated stock, heavy fluted sts tube and CM action, heavy, but, a nice "feel" t it and only $1399.00 retail......VERY impressed and, were I younger, I WOULD buy it, have it punched to the 7-Mashburn and load 160 NPs/ABs for some of the West Kootenay elk situations I have encountered.

I actually wish they would make this in a NON-"freebore" .300 Roy, and also offer an adjustable comb with the lam. stock....which, I REALLY liked.

I can see a Montana in .25-06 in my future, but, wish they would offer a floorplate option.

well, I have 4 weekends left to try & get this Montana shooting better, and it ain't getting rebarreled in 4 weeks, so a pressure point it gets, along with more load development. smirk

well, I have 4 weekends left to try & get this Montana shooting better, and it ain't getting rebarreled in 4 weeks, so a pressure point it gets, along with more load development. smirk

Guess Mel Forbes is an idiot...

I'd neutral bed long before I'd [bleep] up a Kimber with a pressure point.

Course, I'd work on load development before I did either...
I've boken alotta follower springs in my time,but that was the first one to snap into (3) pieces.

You see that with springs that are under tension, and in a corrosive environment (splashed with salt water?). The stress & corrosion feed on one another, and failure is rapid.

The other thing, when you electrically connect dis-similar metals, and put them in a corrosive fluid, the more active metal corrodes faster, and the less active corrodes even slower. That's how zincs on a boat motor work.

You also have a large area of stainless (barrel & action) connected to a small area of carbon steel (the spring) and the relative area of the two metals also speeds the corrosion of the active metal. Kimber probably saved a whole dollar using carbon steel for the spring smirk
If I was thinking bedding I would be inclined to bed the tang and recoil lug and try it out. If still not to my satisfaction I would add pieces of credit card ala temporary pressure point and shoot again. If she shoots I would add pressure to the forened via bedding.
I'm still wondering, lazy boy, where are all the Alaskan Trophies you should have?

You're all talk... pretty plain to see for those that have watched your spasms over the last 12 years.

And any dumbazz can rust-out a rifle... that's the stuff that marines get washed out for. You've turned it into bragging rights. Talk about upside down... you're the King.

Ah yes, the measure of a man is his taxidermy receipts. Got it. WTF do you know about what it takes to wash out a Marine? You'd fault a man for traipsing around a beautiful temperate rain forest and killing deer and beaching pickup beds full of salmon? What an idiot.

This gets my vote for best quote of the thread. How does jumping out of military aircraft qualify you to comment on the latest bolt action hunting rifles?

Thanks for your vote Polesmoker, not that it's worth much. I didn't say the fact that I was a jumpmaster before lanche was probably born had anything to do with rifles. I was just sayin', cause that's what I do.

Speaking of jumpin' outta planes, that scares the schidt outta you, don't it? You need to go climb a cliff, or unshrivel your nutsack...

Brad,

Undoubtedly you've the "Art" of Wonder and Whining,down to a Science. Congratulations?!?

Tell yourself that which you most need to hear and points for that high-pitched nasal Whine being inherent. Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next Hissy Fit and the "harrowing" Tales of working at Burger King...where you perfected both your Whine and Wonder.

Hold the onions.

Laffin'!

You see that with springs that are under tension, and in a corrosive environment (splashed with salt water?). The stress & corrosion feed on one another, and failure is rapid.

The other thing, when you electrically connect dis-similar metals, and put them in a corrosive fluid, the more active metal corrodes faster, and the less active corrodes even slower. That's how zincs on a boat motor work.

You also have a large area of stainless (barrel & action) connected to a small area of carbon steel (the spring) and the relative area of the two metals also speeds the corrosion of the active metal. Kimber probably saved a whole dollar using carbon steel for the spring smirk

BT/DT and have all the T-shirts. Server is slow,or I'd load pics.

I'm thinkin' you might could be onto sumptin'...in that Burger King ain't much of a Testing Grounds.(grin)
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
If I was thinking bedding I would be inclined to bed the tang and recoil lug and try it out. If still not to my satisfaction I would add pieces of credit card ala temporary pressure point and shoot again. If she shoots I would add pressure to the forened via bedding.

Have yet to bump into a Montucky,who's pillar geometry weren't on da' money. Dab bedding the lug is a given and once nipped,the rifle will tell you if it wants to float or nestle.

Hint.

Thanks for your vote Polesmoker, not that it's worth much. I didn't say the fact that I was a jumpmaster before lanche was probably born had anything to do with rifles. I was just sayin', cause that's what I do.

You're welcome. And you're right, "just sayin" is exactly what you do.

PS, I'll glady show you my nutsack so you can judge for yourself, I'm sure you've a real eye for 'em, no doubt a connoisseur.

Double PS, I've seen a lot of photos of Boxer with fish, and I may have missed one or two, but none of 'em I've seen had salmon in the frame. You may want to do a google search on that.

It would be easy to correct that. Just take a trip to Camp Perry sometime.
Hoalie,you Do Nothing [bleep]...long time,no Whine.

What have you been Pretending to do lately and what have you been Pretending to do it with?!?

Use as much imagination,as you deem requisite.

Laffin'!
As an aside...if only for conversation.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It happens.

What have you been Pretending to do lately and what have you been Pretending to do it with?!?

Use as much imagination,as you deem requisite.

Laffin'!

I'm not the one claiming to have never met someone who was better with a rifle than I am.

I just gave you a helpful suggestion. You could meet a LOT of them at Perry. You don't seem the type to take well to learning from others though, so maybe it's good that you stick with being a condescending, arrogant ass on the internet.

As for "doing," I play hockey more than shoot. Unlike you, I am not afraid to do it at a high-level with world-class competition. Big Stick, little pond, afraid to go shoot with the big boys.....

I stated a simple fact,seemingly much to your chagrin. 'Course what the [bleep] else can you do,but Whine?!?

Enjoyed the Vagina Monologue and I'll feign my "surprise" that the rifle got a wide [bleep] berth from your crossed-eyes and drooling yap.

Bless your heart.
I'll prolly take my Montana apart tonight, to put the evil shim in it. I'll check out the mag spring and get some measurements and figure out how to make one. Also check out the firing pin spring. If it's also carbon steel that's not good. Coil springs are usually easy, though.

Coincidentally I bedded my Wby Ultralight last night. That stock came with a pressure point on the forend tip, matched to the fluted barrel, even.
On fluted spouts,I tend to fill voids with clay and then bed 'em in the "round". Both centerfire and 10/22's(though I float receivers there).

Results interest me ad have...for many moons.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.(grin)
I stated a simple fact,seemingly much to your chagrin. 'Course what the [bleep] else can you do,but Whine?!?

Enjoyed the Vagina Monologue and I'll feign my "surprise" that the rifle got a wide [bleep] berth from your crossed-eyes and drooling yap.

Bless your heart.

I take that as a "Yes, I am too big of a pussy to ever go shoot with the big-boys."

Got it.

As for "that" rifle, gee, STA plt 1/8, end of 1991 or early 1992, Kuwait, shooting targets out on disabled vehicles from the gulf war in the desert. Pretty wide berth there midget boy. Not quite as wide as your ego, but wide....

Let me guess though, you were in the marines too, and did bigger, badder things than anyone else in the corps ever thought of. Heck, you probably never met a tougher marine than you either.... wink

Bless your short-little heart

Hoalie,

Whatcha' gonna Whine about next?!?

Again,EXCEEDINGLY good call to refrain all rifle "particulars" and instead stay the course of your perpetual Vagina Monolgue. Congratulations?!?

Ring the bell and hang a pic. Mebbe even mention which Imaginary Montana,you are "currently" Pretending to "shoot". Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Again,EXCEEDINGLY good call to refrain all rifle "particulars" and instead stay the course of your perpetual Vagina Monolgue. Congratulations?!?

I'm a good study. I watched you dance around going to Perry and shooting with the big-goys. Must be awesome to be the best rifle shooter you have ever met. Me, I've got friends who've won the President's 100, so I can't even think about saying that.

I'll leave you to your incoherent ramblings now. Keep throwing those insults, someday they might make you feel better about being 4"10" tall with a penis the size of the average woman's clitoris.

Hoalie,

I'll feign my "surprise",that of all the people you know...you are the worst shot. Nor am I "surprised" that you burst out of yet another closet and are going to take your marbles,stomp your itty-bitty feet and run home,Whining like the Do Nothing [bleep] that you are. Congratulations?!?

I was really looking forward to The Phantom Montana Chronicles and it's "particulars".

You are doing "great".

Laffin'!

Camp Perry!!! Give me a stinking break!!!

Do you remember when the military sent there elite marine to play with the boys at the UFC. He got his ass handed to him in hard core fashion in 15 seconds. The shooting world is no different. I have nothing against the military but lets be realistic here.

Shod
She can't be real,if only because her Estrogen Levels won't allow it.

Though she can/do Whine in MAGNIFICENT fashion.

Laffin'!
Originally Posted by Shod
Camp Perry!!! Give me a stinking break!!!

Do you remember when the military sent there elite marine to play with the boys at the UFC. He got his ass handed to him in hard core fashion in 15 seconds. The shooting world is no different. I have nothing against the military but lets be realistic here.

Shod

So, you don't think that if Big Stick went to the national matches at Perry, he would meet maybe one or two people who shoot a rifle better than he does?

You do realize that a lot of those shooters are civilians?

But, hey, I'll leave you guys to your man-love fest.

Blasphemy.

If I wanted to do something different other than bedding the action and shank, I'd neutral-bed the entire barrel ala Melvin Forbes.

Brad, I have no dog in this fight at all, but I would like to ask you a question.
Have you bedded an action, shank, or barrel on a Montana Rifle?

R.
Hoalie,

I see you are horned up all over again. Bless your heart.

I'll feign my "surprise",that again you went FULL [bleep] Whine,less a single rifle "particular" and I just gotta say...noone seen that coming. You are doing "great".

Laffin'!
Rman,

You are mean and will prolly have some of her spit,in your next BK order. Tread lightly there,as she gets rather emotional,rather easily.

Laffin'!

Catching some slot-limit eatin' walleye:

[Linked Image]

Shooting "thumper":

[Linked Image]

Playing some hockey:

[Linked Image]

Playing some more hockey:

[Linked Image]

Then celebrating with the guys and some hot yoga chick after hockey:

[Linked Image]

Thanks for asking in such a polite manner, but that doesn't change the fact that, with a little effort, you really could easily meet someone better than you with a rifle, which is literally all I said before you felt the need to start throwing the insults.

wink

I'll be sure to keep you updated when I get around to doing "something" though. Probably won't be for a little while. "Nothing" keeps me pretty busy.

Goalie, what are the limits/regs over in Minnesota?

South Dakota was 4 , 3 over 15", 1 over 20". I believe at Lake Oahe they upped the limit to 8 as long as 4 are under 15.
Hoalie,

Holy [bleep] Schit...that is AWESOME. Here's to your incredibly [bleep] low "standards" and Turd Polishing ways.

Bless your heart.

I'm [bleep] cryin',I'm laughing so hard!!!
The Regs are obvious.

If you are a bird-legged cross-eyed drooling dumbfhuck...you can retain Bait.

Laffin'!
Goalie, what are the limits/regs over in Minnesota?

South Dakota was 4 , 3 over 15", 1 over 20". I believe at Lake Oahe they upped the limit to 8 as long as 4 are under 15.

6 per person. The lake my cabin is on has a slot limit
Slot being: between Micro and Small.

Laffin'!
Hoalie,

Holy [bleep] Schit...that is AWESOME. Here's to your incredibly [bleep] low "standards" and Turd Polishing ways.

Bless your heart.

I'm [bleep] cryin',I'm laughing so hard!!!

I will be sure to relay your laughter to the guys wearing Stanley Cup rings Sunday at our weekly skate. I'm sure they will be as hurt as I am.

Slot being: between Micro and Small.

Laffin'!

Actually, you can't keep anything between 16-26 inches.
Boxer you should start a thread and wax poetic on 7mm chamberings, boolits, brass, and ethical dilemmas for us mere mortals.

Goalie - That is a rough slot limit! I throw anything 18ish or shorter back, unless like me it fits the tuna-can sam moniker. Just too much hassle for too little filet; doubly so once you cut out the Y bones.

Salmon is where it's at anyway
Never had opportunity to shoot a 7mm...nor feesh for Salmon.

One of these days.

One of these days.

Goalie - That is a rough slot limit! I throw anything 18ish or shorter back, unless like me it fits the tuna-can sam moniker. Just too much hassle for too little filet; doubly so once you cut out the Y bones.

No Salmon here. The 13-14" are actually good eating, and, despite Big Stick's attempt to demean me and/or my recreational activities, I don't consider any time fishing off the pontoon with my 5-year old "too much hassle" let alone "turd polishing," even if we're fishing for perch.

grin
Hoalie,

Noone can demean you,better than you can...by simply doing your best.

You are lucky I don't fish.

Hoalie,

Noone can demean you,better than you can...by simply doing your best.

You are lucky I don't fish.

Gee, that hurts. Maybe I should quit spending time with my son since that time isn't up to your standards. You must be the best parent that ever lived with perfect children who all grew up perfect.

Please give me more parenting advice. What other fish should I not let my son catch? Are crappies ok? Should I just not have him fish unless he can go to the ocean?

confused

I do catch,however. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

You are doing "great"!
Gee, that hurts. Maybe I should quit spending time with my son since that time isn't up to your standards. You must be the best parent that ever lived with perfect children who all grew up perfect.

Please give me more parenting advice. What other fish should I not let my son catch? Are crappies ok? Should I just not have him fish unless he can go to the ocean?

confused
Originally Posted by goalie

No Salmon here. The 13-14" are actually good eating, and, despite Big Stick's attempt to demean me and/or my recreational activities, I don't consider any time fishing off the pontoon with my 5-year old "too much hassle" let alone "turd polishing," even if we're fishing for perch.

grin

Indeed, my worst day fishing is better than my best day at work. Though, not having chitlins' I can't relate; nor do I want to (grin).

I spose I can dig up a few pics of walleyes
Hoalie,

I enjoy the notion,that your incredibly [bleep] low "standards" are a "choice". Sweetie,you are simply at the mercy of your "abilities".

Bless your heart.

[Linked Image]

Boxer, quite a nice stringer full you've got there.
Fascinating.

I was unaware that sucking,was a "standard".

Laffin'!

Hoalie,

You poor poor illiterate boob,you were fishing Crappy...not "Crappie". Laffin'!

You really are doing "great",perhaps consider Whining in repeat,the echo of dumbfhucktitude is [bleep] hilarious. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Hoalie,

Please don't tell me you are out of Crappy. Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I was riveted with the Montana's you don't have too.

Wow +P+.
Hoalie,

It is funnier than [bleep],that your Crappy is "ok" to you.

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Hoalie,

Is there a slot limit on your Crappy? Or is it just "ok".

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
Hoalie,

When you are fishing Crappy,how long does it take for your Pretend to get "real" to you. Is that "ok"?!?

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
Sister's painted nails are a nice touch!
She rocks it.(grin)

[Linked Image]
Must draw in the fish too whistle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crappie

http://www.oldschoolfishingsecrets.com/crappie/?gclid=CM3qr6PZsroCFapAMgodrF4APw

http://www.crappieusa.com/

You calling me illiterate. Now THAT'S funny.

Oh, and, since you still have not answered:

Hoalie,

You poor poor AMAZINGLY [bleep] stupid dumbfhuck...I'm crying I'm laughing so hard.

WOW +P+++!

[Linked Image]
Well, bud, it's been fun, but school is out, and I am off to spend some time with my son outside. I'm sure it isn't going to be as awesome as what you would do with your kid(s) if you were not sitting in from of the computer trying to discourage other people from getting outside with their kids, but I am pretty sure it will be more awesome than sitting on the computer being an ass to strangers while trying to discourage them from doing stuff outside with their kids.....

Hoalie,

You're doing "great"!

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
Hoalie,

If only because a pic is worth 1000 words and Pretend is so "real" to you,on your Imaginary "forays",with your Imaginary "goods",to Imaginary "places".

[Linked Image]

Laffin'!
Boxer I keep seeing butler creeks; have you tried the aluminas? I finally got a set and they are certainly a cut above IMHO.

Also the fish pics just keep on comin'

Nice ingram too; B&T?
[Linked Image]

Oh no, some internet troll called me a pussy. I'm sure he's in much tougher and in much better shape than I am. I should probably get therapy to fix my hurt feelings.

Laffin'

not quite sure why you give a [bleep] what anyone thinks. need no validation here.

Kimber mountain accuracy has gone by the wayside I see.
BC's RULE. Alumina's leak.
The only running Larry does is either "away" or to the liquor store. I hear he's a champ at parenting as well.
Hoalie,

The pavement pounding "exploits" in your Ruichard Simmons suit...has really gotta be "satisfying" for you.

Love the knocked-knees,bird legs,crossed-eyes and drool.

You really are a "hard charger".

Laffin'!
brinky,

Whattya gonnna Imagine about today...use as much Pretend as you deem requisite.

Looking forward to the pics.

I mean excuses.

Laffin'!
Originally Posted by sidepass

Montucky Precision remains a constant and the some.

Hint.
I've heard some Kimbers are accurate...
Got that Email myself.(grin)
Your killing me. Many years ago when I was a runner I had the most beautiful woman in the world tell me while running .Your not having a very good time cause your not smileing. She was so right.Got to get back to work!

Yeah it sure sucks fat cock:

[Linked Image]

(grin)
BC's RULE. Alumina's leak.

Huh, guess I have't put mine through its paces yet. Will update when experience and perceptions intercept on a graph (Learnin')
Your killing me. Many years ago when I was a runner I had the most beautiful woman in the world tell me while running .Your not having a very good time cause your not smileing. She was so right.Got to get back to work!

Suprised Hoalie stopped and put that bug in your ear,as you passed by.

In fairness,I don't think she's very hot.

Laffin'!
I get to play in a different kind of wet.(grin)
not quite sure why you give a [bleep] what anyone thinks. need no validation here.

I'm just enjoying the show. Apparently, pointing out the hubris in someone stating that they've never met anyone who could shoot a rifle better than them is enough to send the little troll on a ranting, rambling tirade.

I do admit being a little surprised that on a forum like this, his attitude towards someone spending time in the woods or on the water with their son is met with silence. I personally think that there are enough people who don't understand or respect those of us who actually get out in nature and hunt/fish that we don't really need his type of vitriolic crap being directed at someone who would "gasp" take their kid fishing for puny little walleye instead of what he deems as "real" fish. I get enough of that from city-dwelling idiots who act like killing and eating a deer is "murder" or worse.

frown

From the way you act, I would suspect a bottle.

Well, many bottles.

Laffin'

blush
Hoalie,

Your Imagination,sure is great at creating Pretend.

Love the heartfelt Whine,itty-bitty foot stomp,tugging at heart strings to "justify" your incredibly [bleep] low "standards" and the "exploits" of your Phantom Montana(s). Perhaps PM the Axis Of Imagination and The Dynamic Duo Of Dumbfhucktitude,for serious "help". Laffin'!

Looking forward to the next Whine and excuses.

You are doing "great".

Laffin'!
Hoalie,

Your Imagination,sure is great at creating Pretend.

Love the heartfelt Whine,itty-bitty foot stomp,tugging at heart strings to "justify" your incredibly [bleep] low "standards" and the "exploits" of your Phantom Montana(s). Perhaps PM the Axis Of Imagination and The Dynamic Duo Of Dumbfhucktitude,for serious "help". Laffin'!

Looking forward to the next Whine and excuses.

You are doing "great".

Laffin'!

Um, I never said I have a Montana. I simply joined the thread by pointing out your statement that you have yet to meet someone better behind a rifle than yourself could be easily rectified. Heck, you could just probably just sober up, look in a mirror, and do it at home.....

Imagination,sure is great at creating Pretend.

[Linked Image]

I'm gonna "imagine" you were in that when I shot it.

grin

The pavement pounding "exploits" in your Ruichard Simmons suit...has really gotta be "satisfying" for you.

Just to clear it up, since you obviously don't get it, an ironman consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike, THEN you run a marathon.

Running isn't even half of it. And, yeah, not being out of shape is really satisfying. You'd probably suck at it though, it isn't about tearing other people down, it's about making yourself tougher and better.

You really are a "hard charger".

Opinions vary. wink

I do admit being a little surprised that on a forum like this, his attitude towards someone spending time in the woods or on the water with their son is met with silence.

What, do you want someone to weigh in here and tell boxer he's got a bad attitude toward kids in the outdoors? He's posted enough pictures of his kids on here that I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.
Indeed, Pole you are spot on.

Laffin

Goalie, not quite apples/apples but I've done a 150 mile ride. Having said that, I still value power-lifting and raw strength-weight ratio over impressive albeit nonfunctional endurance athleticism.
Goalie, not quite apples/apples but I've done a 150 mile ride. Having said that, I still value power-lifting and raw strength-weight ratio over impressive albeit nonfunctional endurance athleticism.

And all of that stuff has a hell of a lot to do with rifles.
Ohh, yeah sure, you betcha (grin)

Laffin

Not sure I'm following you. How is power-lifting more useful than endurance?
I do admit being a little surprised that on a forum like this, his attitude towards someone spending time in the woods or on the water with their son is met with silence.

What, do you want someone to weigh in here and tell boxer he's got a bad attitude toward kids in the outdoors? He's posted enough pictures of his kids on here that I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

So, serious question: do you think his attitude towards, say, me in this thread regarding fishing with my son, is warranted or a good example of how you want the people you associate with acting?

I personally don't associate with people who act like that in real life. I also don't really thing "good" people suddenly start acting like an ass because they are on the internet any more than "good people" act in a bad or violent manner because they are drunk. It's just the real individual showing his colors.

I also find it funny that, of the comments RE his being the best shot on the planet, the only comment was essentially that the military shooters at Perry (ignoring the civilians I guess, but whatever) are pathetic losers.

I guess to me, I don't really GAS about his pictures or what he allegedly does at home or has done in the past any more than he GAS about what I've done. In life, I asses how people treat others, and base my opinion of them upon those observations.

He treats people like crap, and acts like an angry, obnoxious buffoon. Heck, even if he was as good of a shot as he thinks he is, he wouldn't be worth a walk across the street to piss on if he was on fire.

I still value power-lifting and raw strength-weight ratio over impressive albeit nonfunctional endurance athleticism.

Yeah, that power-lifing is awesome for long hikes in hard country. Been there, done that, had arms as big as my legs currently are.

Laffin'

And, FWIW, I probably ran the marathon faster than you did the bike ride. AFTER my bike ride.

[Linked Image]

In the real world, it isn't.

And all of that stuff has a hell of a lot to do with rifles.

I ain't the one who started slinging insults and asking "what have you been doing." I've just answered and laughed.

Laffin' at the sycophants

In the real world, it isn't.

Agreed.
[Linked Image]

According to Stick, that is a complete waste of time, and is considered a worthless, turd-polishing endeavor.

Just something to think about as some of you sycophants blow the little troll.

I like turtles.

Tanner
So, serious question: do you think his attitude towards, say, me in this thread regarding fishing with my son, is warranted or a good example of how you want the people you associate with acting?

Serious answer-boxer likes to give people sh** on this forum. Posting pics of yourself crossing the finish line or making a glove save just gives him more fodder.

What I think of his attitude means nothing, because he is gonna do what he's gonna do. How I want the people I associate with to comport themselves means nothing, because that's real life, and this is "the internet."
I can bench like a thousand turtles.

Much more useful than having enough gas to get to the top of the mountain and back.

Just something to think about as some of you sycophants blow the little troll.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: If I never posted another word on this forum, boxer would continue to do what he does, just fine, without me.

Guys like you, he can't do without.

Much more useful than having enough gas to get to the top of the mountain and back.

Turtles have lots of gas.

Ninja turtles maybe.

Serious answer-boxer likes to give people sh** on this forum. Posting pics of yourself crossing the finish line or making a glove save just gives him more fodder.

What I think of his attitude means nothing, because he is gonna do what he's gonna do. How I want the people I associate with to comport themselves means nothing, because that's real life, and this is "the internet."

Cool beans. I actually enjoy giving the little punk crap too. It would be more fun in person, but ya gotta do what ya can with what ya have when ya have it I guess.

I do find the idea that your personality is somehow "different" on the net laughable. I won't ever say something to you here I wouldn't to your face. If that isn't how you roll, well, like I said, I want nothing to do with you, because the a-hole "internet" personality....guess what?

That IS the REAL you.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: If I never posted another word on this forum, boxer would continue to do what he does, just fine, without me.

Guys like you, he can't do without.

Don't kid yourself. He loves him his little harem.

wink
Ninja turtles maybe.

Are jumping jacks good?

Tanner

Laffin

Perhaps you should re-read my post; http://www.amazon.com/How-Read-Book...0455&sr=1-1&keywords=how+to+read

That level of endurance athleticism is so past [bleep] minutia of every-day life it's nonsensical. If you can't comprehend that, my apologies.

Goalie - His attitude is not the best I will give you that, but obviously the man does know his schitt. Is this communicated in the best possible way? [bleep] no; Obama with no teleprompter could do a slightly better job. But at least Boxer knows his schitt, and can back it up in any number of mediums.

We can dick flex until the cows come home; I'm confident I can lift more in any exercise you wish to measure. Is one better than the other? Eh, depends. You want a speedy car or one that can tow a lot?

Glad you enjoy spending time with your son outdoors; that's what it's all about. Walleye/crappe/bass are fun to catch and I've been-there done-that. Folks don't fork out a plane ticket, license fees, chartering fees, and general expenses to come to MN to fish. Alaska is just about king of the heap in that regards. Been there, lived there, and have T-shirts and pictures to prove it. IMHO
Now whitetails up in Northern cold as a well-diggers ass Minnesota, folks do shell out cash to try that. Ask me how I know blush
I won't ever say something to you here I wouldn't to your face. If that isn't how you roll, well, like I said, I want nothing to do with you, because the a-hole "internet" personality....guess what?

That IS the REAL you.

That is commendable. I try to live up to that, but don't always succeed. I think we all slip up from time to time.

Take what you said above, for example. I'm pretty sure if we were face to face, you wouldn't say it like that.
Originally Posted by Tanner
I like turtles.

Tanner

Laffin, attaboy!

Perhaps my assumption of folks having a modicum of aerobic fitness is just that, making an ass out of you and me. Strength makes all activities easier; being able to run/bike/swim/hike for at least 3-5 miles should be a requisite for being a human being.

Ninja turtles are where it's at. Master Splinter and I are good friends: laffin'

Originally Posted by Tanner
Ninja turtles maybe.

Are jumping jacks good?

Tanner

Well burpees are more hardcore (grin)

no you two are taking shots at each other......for some reason you think you have some sorta high ground when your choosing to roll around in the mud.....i know Larry is big on kids being in the outdoors.....this is two guys being jack arses to each other.......
Originally Posted by rattler

no you two are taking shots at each other......for some reason you think you have some sorta high ground when your choosing to roll around in the mud.....i know Larry is big on kids being in the outdoors.....this is two guys being jack arses to each other.......

Cool. I guess I should start laughing at the size of the tiny deer he posts pics of his kids posing with then.....

......but I won't.

I took shots at HIM. His statement that he ain't never met nobody could shoot a rifle better than he does is ridiculously easy to rectify. It still is. When I posted that, he was the one that jumped to attacking me and what I do for recreation instead of addressing the idea of going to Perry and, well, obviously winning everything since he's so damn good.

Larry is big on showing off HIS kids in the outdoors. He thinks bass fishing from a pontoon is turd-polishing. That's cool, I think he's a turd too.

I personally don't associate with people who act like that in real life. I also don't really thing "good" people suddenly start acting like an ass because they are on the internet any more than "good people" act in a bad or violent manner because they are drunk. It's just the real individual showing his colors.

I also find it funny that, of the comments RE his being the best shot on the planet, the only comment was essentially that the military shooters at Perry (ignoring the civilians I guess, but whatever) are pathetic losers.

I guess to me, I don't really GAS about his pictures or what he allegedly does at home or has done in the past any more than he GAS about what I've done. In life, I asses how people treat others, and base my opinion of them upon those observations.

He treats people like crap, and acts like an angry, obnoxious buffoon. Heck, even if he was as good of a shot as he thinks he is, he wouldn't be worth a walk across the street to piss on if he was on fire.

There are a couple members who think as you do.
PM them for help or ideas on your problem.
They have faced the same challenges.

Seafire and/or Brinky can share with you.

Good Day.
He thinks bass fishing from a pontoon is turd-polishing.

If you posted a photo of a six-point elk that you packed out 10 miles, in one piece, on your back, he'd call it a dink.

The important thing is, you only have to make yourself happy.
Goalie,since no one has done this I will,THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY! smile

Here is a couple pics of my son & daughter coyote calling with me last year.

Daughter.

[Linked Image]

Son.
[Linked Image]
Elkhunternm, that smile on her face is what it is all about.

Yes it is.
As you've already figured out he has no respect for anyone so why would he respect himself and want to be in good physical condition? He has no clue as what it takes to compete on the level you do as the only exercise he gets is "running" his mouth and running the keyboard. As far as him meeting anyone that shoots better than him, he hasn't. Thats because of his charming personality. People can't stand to be around him more than five minutes so he wouldn't know. Not to mention I doubt he gets too far from the bottle.

That level of endurance athleticism is so past [bleep] minutia of every-day life it's nonsensical. If you can't comprehend that, my apologies.

I've hunted and worked with meathead lifters, and endurance type athletes. Guess who was still worth a schit at the end of a day of digging fireline or packing out meat? Here's a hint: it wasn't the guys who specialized in lifting heavy schit over their heads.
Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Laffin'
Congratulations on being good at neither.
Hoalie,

The only thing you have,is your Imagination...and I'm glad it's more than "enough" for you.

Whatcha' do for a living again?!?

Sweetie I've zero intent to insult or demean you,even a little,if only because I could never do as good of a job of it,as you can,by simply doing your best not to.

Laffin'!
rattler,

[bleep],shut the [bleep] up...she's got me on the ropes.

Laffin'!
'slave,

That was a very generous piece of sage adfvice,for Hoalie to align herself even further with The Do Nothing Gang. I mean who WOULDN'T buy a picture of that group?!? Laffin'!

Perhaps the should combine "forces" and take a Poll,or sumptin' really hardcore like that?!?

Poor,poor stupid [bleep] abnd their "hard charging" ways.
brinky',

Bless your Do Nothing Heart and your awesome Imagination. Whatcha' gonna Pretend about next?!?

Looking forward to that Whine and the excuses.

Laffin'!
I've wondered a bit about the Ascent, but really can't think it would be an improvement on the 84M Montana. If I was making wishes on weight I'd lean towards adding 1/8 to 1/4 lb out front on the 84M...but I'm not in any hurry to make those wishes just yet...

[Linked Image]

I've hunted and worked with meathead lifters, and endurance type athletes. Guess who was still worth a schit at the end of a day of digging fireline or packing out meat? Here's a hint: it wasn't the guys who specialized in lifting heavy schit over their heads.

That is a fact. A reasonably fit man can power clean and jerk his bodyweight. A really fit man can push press his bodyweight. A [bleep] stud can flat-footed press his bodyweight overhead. There ain't too many studs.
Well, anyhow, back to rifles. Shot the 7mm-08 Montana yesterday. Tweaked the load slightly, and also used a shim at the forend tip. It did better, first 3 out of a cold bore did 1.25". Gonna try some 140gr Ballistic Silvertips tomorrow. They have a black oxide coating, and I have seen them shoot well out of iffy barrels in the past.

Also tinkering with a .300 Lightweight Roy, and it's being fussy, too. My shoulder is also about Weatherbee'd out for this weekend, blush

Meanwhile, while the plasticky stocked rifles be fussy, a boring old Ruger #1 .270 just continues to impress. This rifle just keeps putting 3 in an inch - or less - no muss, no fuss, every time. It's purtier than them, too. So it gets to go hunting next weekend. smile

Boxer/Stick is a Freakin Logger turn roughneck. Just by the nature of the stuff he likes to play with he has to work in a combination of powerlifting/endurance training all day long(probably long shifts). It takes a heck of a lot of work to pay for his cameras, pirate rifles and sage flypoles. Launche does the roughneck thing too. He might be the most comprehensively obsessed gear addict on the face of the planet. You don't see many people questioning his shape-research him- he's a bit of a backcountry ninja who would rather pack out other people's mountain goats than tag out on his own. Neither has silver spoons to get the gear that they like about both would tell you that if it didn't work it would be sent down the highway. There is no gray area. It is all about function and performance-looks are just a byproduct of that.
Well, anyhow, back to rifles. Shot the 7mm-08 Montana yesterday. Tweaked the load slightly, and also used a shim at the forend tip. It did better, first 3 out of a cold bore did 1.25". Gonna try some 140gr Ballistic Silvertips tomorrow. They have a black oxide coating, and I have seen them shoot well out of iffy barrels in the past.

Also tinkering with a .300 Lightweight Roy, and it's being fussy, too. My shoulder is also about Weatherbee'd out for this weekend, blush

Meanwhile, while the plasticky stocked rifles be fussy, a boring old Ruger #1 .270 just continues to impress. This rifle just keeps putting 3 in an inch - or less - no muss, no fuss, every time. It's purtier than them, too. So it gets to go hunting next weekend. smile

Tex n Cal what are you trying in your .300 Wby?
165 Berger Hunting VLD's, currently at 88.5 grains of H1000. Chrono was erratic yesterday, but they are doing in the 31's. It's around 2 inches, which is too much considering what they cost.

If only in the interest of accuracy.(grin)

[Linked Image]
165 Berger Hunting VLD's, currently at 88.5 grains of H1000. Chrono was erratic yesterday, but they are doing in the 31's. It's around 2 inches, which is too much considering what they cost.

I'm using 84.5 grs of IMR 7828 and WLRM primers with 180 gr Nosler Partitions,getting 3170 fps average and 1.25" accuracy at 100 yds.
Is that a bitch,or a brag?

Thanks!
Perhaps you'd like glass of water and tic tac after that post.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

I'm using 84.5 grs of IMR 7828 and WLRM primers with 180 gr Nosler Partitions,getting 3170 fps average and 1.25" accuracy at 100 yds.

Thanks - I've been told 7828 is what I want for the .300, I may look into it - as well as 180's. FWIW I tried a box of Wby factory ammo, and yikes the stuff is hot. They claim 3350 with 165's, and it did it, no problem.
If you want try Retumbo and 200 gr Accubonds,I was getting the same group or a little smaller with 3000 fps. But that load rattled my noggin' just a wee bit. smile

What little hunting I've done with a .300 magnum,I used a 200 gr NP on an cow elk. Used a Weatherby Mark V Accumark .300 Win Mag. My choice would be a 180 or 200 gr bullet.
brinky',

Glad you could find time to Whine.

You poor poor Clueless [bleep].
'22.

Hint.
taken, since I have a few pounds of 22. 165 Bergers, or 180 Ballstic tips, for mulies & audad?
155 Skinners.

Playing some hockey:

[Linked Image]

Playing some more hockey:

[Linked Image]

Then celebrating with the guys and some hot yoga chick after hockey:

[Linked Image]

Haagensen? Didn't know Italians played hockey... laugh

What level/league do you play in? That outdoor stuff is a blast, too. One thing I miss about WI over ID is we don't get cold enough here to have outdoor rinks. Some of those pickup games were a blast...even if you're just playing with kids and talentless people like yours truly!

PS--get that skate over against the steel! grin
It's Norwegian. cool

Those pictures are playing with the Minnesota NHL Alumni team at charity games.

Oh, and I got to the post....

[Linked Image]
It's Norwegian. cool

Well, from one Norwegian to another, that would explain why you're dumb enough to argue with Boxer. laugh
It's Norwegian. cool

Well, from one Norwegian to another, that would explain why you're dumb enough to argue with Boxer. laugh

Yeah, I should know better. Too many pucks to the head is my excuse....

wink
Originally Posted by MojoHand
That outdoor stuff is a blast, too. One thing I miss about WI over ID is we don't get cold enough here to have outdoor rinks. Some of those pickup games were a blast...even if you're just playing with kids and talentless people like yours truly!

The outdoor pic was from a Defending The Blue Line charity game two years ago on Hockey Day Minnesota. It was 5 or 6 degrees out and windy. The game was fun, but there were no boards, just those red pads you can see in the picture, so when a puck would go wide, it didn't make the "off the boards" loud sound a goalie gets used to, but the same dull "thunk" that a goalie relates to being scored on.

Cool beans...

Figured you had to be Norwegian or Swedish. You definitely look the part! I grew up next to the U.P., we had a lot of Finns up there.

Good to see someone still playing and being active. Kudos to you.
'22.

Hint.

Thanks. Shot some yesterday & today in the .300 Roy, and it's done better with that powder than anything else so far.
© 24hourcampfire