Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boxer
Imagination,sure is great at creating Pretend.

[Linked Image]

I'm gonna "imagine" you were in that when I shot it.

grin

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The pavement pounding "exploits" in your Ruichard Simmons suit...has really gotta be "satisfying" for you.

Just to clear it up, since you obviously don't get it, an ironman consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike, THEN you run a marathon.

Running isn't even half of it. And, yeah, not being out of shape is really satisfying. You'd probably suck at it though, it isn't about tearing other people down, it's about making yourself tougher and better.

You really are a "hard charger".

Opinions vary. wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by goalie
I do admit being a little surprised that on a forum like this, his attitude towards someone spending time in the woods or on the water with their son is met with silence.

What, do you want someone to weigh in here and tell boxer he's got a bad attitude toward kids in the outdoors? He's posted enough pictures of his kids on here that I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Indeed, Pole you are spot on.

Laffin

Goalie, not quite apples/apples but I've done a 150 mile ride. Having said that, I still value power-lifting and raw strength-weight ratio over impressive albeit nonfunctional endurance athleticism.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Goalie, not quite apples/apples but I've done a 150 mile ride. Having said that, I still value power-lifting and raw strength-weight ratio over impressive albeit nonfunctional endurance athleticism.

And all of that stuff has a hell of a lot to do with rifles.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ohh, yeah sure, you betcha (grin)

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Indeed, Pole you are spot on.

Laffin

Not sure I'm following you. How is power-lifting more useful than endurance?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
I do admit being a little surprised that on a forum like this, his attitude towards someone spending time in the woods or on the water with their son is met with silence.

What, do you want someone to weigh in here and tell boxer he's got a bad attitude toward kids in the outdoors? He's posted enough pictures of his kids on here that I'm pretty sure that's not the problem.

So, serious question: do you think his attitude towards, say, me in this thread regarding fishing with my son, is warranted or a good example of how you want the people you associate with acting?

I personally don't associate with people who act like that in real life. I also don't really thing "good" people suddenly start acting like an ass because they are on the internet any more than "good people" act in a bad or violent manner because they are drunk. It's just the real individual showing his colors.

I also find it funny that, of the comments RE his being the best shot on the planet, the only comment was essentially that the military shooters at Perry (ignoring the civilians I guess, but whatever) are pathetic losers.

I guess to me, I don't really GAS about his pictures or what he allegedly does at home or has done in the past any more than he GAS about what I've done. In life, I asses how people treat others, and base my opinion of them upon those observations.

He treats people like crap, and acts like an angry, obnoxious buffoon. Heck, even if he was as good of a shot as he thinks he is, he wouldn't be worth a walk across the street to piss on if he was on fire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still value power-lifting and raw strength-weight ratio over impressive albeit nonfunctional endurance athleticism.

Yeah, that power-lifing is awesome for long hikes in hard country. Been there, done that, had arms as big as my legs currently are.

Laffin'

And, FWIW, I probably ran the marathon faster than you did the bike ride. AFTER my bike ride.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

In the real world, it isn't.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And all of that stuff has a hell of a lot to do with rifles.

I ain't the one who started slinging insults and asking "what have you been doing." I've just answered and laughed.

Laffin' at the sycophants

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

In the real world, it isn't.

Agreed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

According to Stick, that is a complete waste of time, and is considered a worthless, turd-polishing endeavor.

Just something to think about as some of you sycophants blow the little troll.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like turtles.

Tanner

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, serious question: do you think his attitude towards, say, me in this thread regarding fishing with my son, is warranted or a good example of how you want the people you associate with acting?

Serious answer-boxer likes to give people sh** on this forum. Posting pics of yourself crossing the finish line or making a glove save just gives him more fodder.

What I think of his attitude means nothing, because he is gonna do what he's gonna do. How I want the people I associate with to comport themselves means nothing, because that's real life, and this is "the internet."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I can bench like a thousand turtles.

Much more useful than having enough gas to get to the top of the mountain and back.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Just something to think about as some of you sycophants blow the little troll.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: If I never posted another word on this forum, boxer would continue to do what he does, just fine, without me.

Guys like you, he can't do without.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can bench like a thousand turtles.

Much more useful than having enough gas to get to the top of the mountain and back.

Turtles have lots of gas.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ninja turtles maybe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Serious answer-boxer likes to give people sh** on this forum. Posting pics of yourself crossing the finish line or making a glove save just gives him more fodder.

What I think of his attitude means nothing, because he is gonna do what he's gonna do. How I want the people I associate with to comport themselves means nothing, because that's real life, and this is "the internet."

Cool beans. I actually enjoy giving the little punk crap too. It would be more fun in person, but ya gotta do what ya can with what ya have when ya have it I guess.

I do find the idea that your personality is somehow "different" on the net laughable. I won't ever say something to you here I wouldn't to your face. If that isn't how you roll, well, like I said, I want nothing to do with you, because the a-hole "internet" personality....guess what?

That IS the REAL you.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

396 members (10ring1, 17Hunter, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 39 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,988
Posts18,520,076
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.