Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Brad
I'm still wondering, lazy boy, where are all the Alaskan Trophies you should have?

You're all talk... pretty plain to see for those that have watched your spasms over the last 12 years.

And any dumbazz can rust-out a rifle... that's the stuff that marines get washed out for. You've turned it into bragging rights. Talk about upside down... you're the King.

Ah yes, the measure of a man is his taxidermy receipts. Got it. WTF do you know about what it takes to wash out a Marine? You'd fault a man for traipsing around a beautiful temperate rain forest and killing deer and beaching pickup beds full of salmon? What an idiot.

HR IC

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
As I have been jumping out of airplanes and shooting rifles since you were a suckling babe, I might actually know one or two things about the industry.

This gets my vote for best quote of the thread. How does jumping out of military aircraft qualify you to comment on the latest bolt action hunting rifles?

Thanks for your vote Polesmoker, not that it's worth much. I didn't say the fact that I was a jumpmaster before lanche was probably born had anything to do with rifles. I was just sayin', cause that's what I do.

Speaking of jumpin' outta planes, that scares the schidt outta you, don't it? You need to go climb a cliff, or unshrivel your nutsack...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Brad
I'm still wondering, lazy boy, where are all the Alaskan Trophies you should have?

You're all talk... pretty plain to see for those that have watched your spasms over the last 12 years.

And any dumbazz can rust-out a rifle... that's the stuff that marines get washed out for. You've turned it into bragging rights. Talk about upside down... you're the King.

Brad,

Undoubtedly you've the "Art" of Wonder and Whining,down to a Science. Congratulations?!?

Tell yourself that which you most need to hear and points for that high-pitched nasal Whine being inherent. Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next Hissy Fit and the "harrowing" Tales of working at Burger King...where you perfected both your Whine and Wonder.

Hold the onions.

Laffin'!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by Boxer
I've boken alotta follower springs in my time,but that was the first one to snap into (3) pieces.

It's currently The Record,though they ain't settin' idle.(grin)

You see that with springs that are under tension, and in a corrosive environment (splashed with salt water?). The stress & corrosion feed on one another, and failure is rapid.

The other thing, when you electrically connect dis-similar metals, and put them in a corrosive fluid, the more active metal corrodes faster, and the less active corrodes even slower. That's how zincs on a boat motor work.

You also have a large area of stainless (barrel & action) connected to a small area of carbon steel (the spring) and the relative area of the two metals also speeds the corrosion of the active metal. Kimber probably saved a whole dollar using carbon steel for the spring smirk

BT/DT and have all the T-shirts. Server is slow,or I'd load pics.

I'm thinkin' you might could be onto sumptin'...in that Burger King ain't much of a Testing Grounds.(grin)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
If I was thinking bedding I would be inclined to bed the tang and recoil lug and try it out. If still not to my satisfaction I would add pieces of credit card ala temporary pressure point and shoot again. If she shoots I would add pressure to the forened via bedding.

Have yet to bump into a Montucky,who's pillar geometry weren't on da' money. Dab bedding the lug is a given and once nipped,the rifle will tell you if it wants to float or nestle.

Hint.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Thanks for your vote Polesmoker, not that it's worth much. I didn't say the fact that I was a jumpmaster before lanche was probably born had anything to do with rifles. I was just sayin', cause that's what I do.

You're welcome. And you're right, "just sayin" is exactly what you do.

PS, I'll glady show you my nutsack so you can judge for yourself, I'm sure you've a real eye for 'em, no doubt a connoisseur.

Double PS, I've seen a lot of photos of Boxer with fish, and I may have missed one or two, but none of 'em I've seen had salmon in the frame. You may want to do a google search on that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

In fairness...I've never seen anyone better with a rifle than I.

It would be easy to correct that. Just take a trip to Camp Perry sometime.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,you Do Nothing [bleep]...long time,no Whine.

What have you been Pretending to do lately and what have you been Pretending to do it with?!?

Use as much imagination,as you deem requisite.

Laffin'!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
As an aside...if only for conversation.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It happens.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hoalie,you Do Nothing [bleep]...long time,no Whine.

What have you been Pretending to do lately and what have you been Pretending to do it with?!?

Use as much imagination,as you deem requisite.

Laffin'!

I'm not the one claiming to have never met someone who was better with a rifle than I am.

I just gave you a helpful suggestion. You could meet a LOT of them at Perry. You don't seem the type to take well to learning from others though, so maybe it's good that you stick with being a condescending, arrogant ass on the internet.

As for "doing," I play hockey more than shoot. Unlike you, I am not afraid to do it at a high-level with world-class competition. Big Stick, little pond, afraid to go shoot with the big boys.....

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I stated a simple fact,seemingly much to your chagrin. 'Course what the [bleep] else can you do,but Whine?!?

Enjoyed the Vagina Monologue and I'll feign my "surprise" that the rifle got a wide [bleep] berth from your crossed-eyes and drooling yap.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll prolly take my Montana apart tonight, to put the evil shim in it. I'll check out the mag spring and get some measurements and figure out how to make one. Also check out the firing pin spring. If it's also carbon steel that's not good. Coil springs are usually easy, though.

Coincidentally I bedded my Wby Ultralight last night. That stock came with a pressure point on the forend tip, matched to the fluted barrel, even.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
On fluted spouts,I tend to fill voids with clay and then bed 'em in the "round". Both centerfire and 10/22's(though I float receivers there).

Results interest me ad have...for many moons.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'.(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I stated a simple fact,seemingly much to your chagrin. 'Course what the [bleep] else can you do,but Whine?!?

Enjoyed the Vagina Monologue and I'll feign my "surprise" that the rifle got a wide [bleep] berth from your crossed-eyes and drooling yap.

Bless your heart.

I take that as a "Yes, I am too big of a pussy to ever go shoot with the big-boys."

Got it.

As for "that" rifle, gee, STA plt 1/8, end of 1991 or early 1992, Kuwait, shooting targets out on disabled vehicles from the gulf war in the desert. Pretty wide berth there midget boy. Not quite as wide as your ego, but wide....

Let me guess though, you were in the marines too, and did bigger, badder things than anyone else in the corps ever thought of. Heck, you probably never met a tougher marine than you either.... wink

Bless your short-little heart

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

Whatcha' gonna Whine about next?!?

Again,EXCEEDINGLY good call to refrain all rifle "particulars" and instead stay the course of your perpetual Vagina Monolgue. Congratulations?!?

Ring the bell and hang a pic. Mebbe even mention which Imaginary Montana,you are "currently" Pretending to "shoot". Bless your heart.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Again,EXCEEDINGLY good call to refrain all rifle "particulars" and instead stay the course of your perpetual Vagina Monolgue. Congratulations?!?

I'm a good study. I watched you dance around going to Perry and shooting with the big-goys. Must be awesome to be the best rifle shooter you have ever met. Me, I've got friends who've won the President's 100, so I can't even think about saying that.

I'll leave you to your incoherent ramblings now. Keep throwing those insults, someday they might make you feel better about being 4"10" tall with a penis the size of the average woman's clitoris.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hoalie,

I'll feign my "surprise",that of all the people you know...you are the worst shot. Nor am I "surprised" that you burst out of yet another closet and are going to take your marbles,stomp your itty-bitty feet and run home,Whining like the Do Nothing [bleep] that you are. Congratulations?!?

I was really looking forward to The Phantom Montana Chronicles and it's "particulars".

You are doing "great".

Laffin'!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Camp Perry!!! Give me a stinking break!!!

Do you remember when the military sent there elite marine to play with the boys at the UFC. He got his ass handed to him in hard core fashion in 15 seconds. The shooting world is no different. I have nothing against the military but lets be realistic here.

Shod

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
She can't be real,if only because her Estrogen Levels won't allow it.

Though she can/do Whine in MAGNIFICENT fashion.

Laffin'!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Shod
Camp Perry!!! Give me a stinking break!!!

Do you remember when the military sent there elite marine to play with the boys at the UFC. He got his ass handed to him in hard core fashion in 15 seconds. The shooting world is no different. I have nothing against the military but lets be realistic here.

Shod

So, you don't think that if Big Stick went to the national matches at Perry, he would meet maybe one or two people who shoot a rifle better than he does?

You do realize that a lot of those shooters are civilians?

But, hey, I'll leave you guys to your man-love fest.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.