N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Wesco jobmaster?

[Linked Image]

I wouldn't think anything west coast would be popular here.

I dunno, loggers like em.

pretty good seller on baileys.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I like Ecco's but not many, if any are still made in the US.

Red Wing looks like the ticket; are the soles removable in any of em' ?

Have to put my [bleep] orthotics in there.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Originally Posted by Cheesehunter
Originally Posted by aalf
khaki trousers.

Snork.....

[Linked Image]

Indeed, indeed. You guys giggle when someone says duty?

Laffin'

balls....

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I should buff my nomenclature, the insoles, not the sole of the boot.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Northern - I have my moments (grin)

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1 double h, lot of theirs are USA made, a few aren't though.

+1 redwing, but for Steel toe only.

I like a nice pair of square toe western boots for daily wear. Mind you not the gold tipped roach kickers. Check out Anderson Bean for those.

Dave

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I need a pair of boots, preferably made in the US. Not schit-kickers, or anything that resembles a cowboy boot.

Just comfortable, plain, brown leather that works with khaki trousers.

Any ideas?

Throughgood made in milwaukee wisc. All there leather is from american steers as well. and thy are CHEAP. I wear there wedge sole for work and they are the best quality most comfortable work boot ever.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
fyi, I have since converted at LEAST 50 other electricians that i work with from redwings TO the thorogoods. The local mom n pop shoe store carries them and they are thier biggest seller, and the local trades keep that place in business buying them. They are also 100% rebuildable.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I got all excited until I read 'Union Made', but I can look past that if they work grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I been kickin around in a pair of USA made boots called "Work one"

I think I have 2 full years on them, possibly 2.5

I like em just fine.

Danner acadia is another decent boot you can kick a mans ass with and also be pretty comfortable in.

If you get the USMC ones you'll be peeling chicks off'n your legs all day long, it's insane, like something off one of those axe deodorant commercials.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Love my Danner boots. Make sure you get the ones manufactured in the USA. Still great quality. The Chicom versions not nearly as good.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I rock danners for hiking/hunting and love em'

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My boy just got a pair or desert acadias, He loves em.

I have a worn out pair in black and an old heavy ass pair of danner elk hunters.

I also have a pair of the glued on tenni shoe danners, chicom pronghorns. They fell apart in less that a year sick

So yes, another firm believer in the stitch down USA boots here.

Besides, who's ass you gonna kick with a pair of those glued together rubber squeaky toy booties on your feet?

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Northern - I guess just the guy wearing moccasins (grin)

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have and wear white's, red wing, danner, xtratuffs and bunny boots. I make an insole with 1/8" cork sheet backed with gorilla tape cut to fit each boot. This thin layer of cork transforms the comfort level of all my footwear. It is also a vapor barrier between my foot and the boot. These also dry very quickly. Every day use a pair will last 2-3 weeks. Many of the brands mentioned here are excellent.

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had two pairs of Ecco's (not sure where they are made so maybe not an option).

Both pairs easily lasted 3 years each and I have both pairs still, they are just a bit too scuffed up for work but they are some of the most comfortable, long lasting shoes/boots I've had.

I've been considering trying their hiking boots since I've had such good luck with the damn things.

Not real cheap, I think I paid about $ 220 for each pair.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Big 5 has some over the ankle, leather/ nylon Nevados short boots that have a slightly aggressive sole that is real comfortable walking, driving or hiking the hills. Not bad at all for about $30.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
sjc Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Russell's
WESCO
Hoffman

Can't go wrong with any of the above three for boots made in the USA.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
On a side note, anybody make boots out of kangaroo leather?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sjc
Russell's
WESCO
Hoffman

Can't go wrong with any of the above three for boots made in the USA.

Russell moccasins?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1Longbow, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 219DW, 204guy, 52 invisible), 1,939 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,275
Posts18,525,516
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.