-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 214 of 229 1 2 212 213 214 215 216 228 229
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could rock a Cooper...I grew up within walking distance of the shop where they're built, but have never owned one. The K Hornet is kinda intriguing though.

In any event, I'm off to shoot my .25-06, as I hit slightly to the right of aim on two doe 'lopes I killed on Friday. I have my doubts she's off, but want to make sure since I still have one cow elk tag left.

You all be nice, or else Boxer may have his feelers hurt again...

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Well Boxer for some of us family does come first. I could have shot a doe in the ass if I really had to kill one but I prefer to only take good clean shots especially when using a round ball. The fact I was able to stalk up on the doe to get that shot was rewarding enough. However I believe my actions gave very good results in helping calm my daughter in her time of need during a very stressful and painful ordeal.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Looking forward to next year's excuses.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer
You'd have to move your target to the 30yd line,to hang with a 77/22 K.

The ES/SD would hurt your feelers too...then that Goat [bleep] would be ruint in a single day to boot.

Funny how the Real World works.

Laffin'!

Good thing I got retractable feelers........

and some blue steel and wood for comfort........

[video:youtube]/www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKlSVNxLB-A[/video]

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
"I suffer a Goat [bleep] Cooper and they are utterly useless."

F&S: August '92

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I will start thinking of some! So I never have seen any pictures of flintlocks from you. I am sure a hunter of your caliber has killed some great beasts with an old rocklock! Being more of a high tech guy maybe you prefer Inlines? They are all the rage here as guys like being able to use a scope and shoot a couple hundred yards as well as hunt in the rain. I see they even make them in stainless steel with plastic stocks. I bet you could lay them in a creek if need be.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
I could rock a Cooper...I grew up within walking distance of the shop where they're built, but have never owned one. The K Hornet is kinda intriguing though.

Just fer [bleep] n giggles, one more.......

[Linked Image]

and using shiny brass also.

You ought to look for a used model 38 in the K-Hornet. Cooper does chamber that round.

The 17 Ackley hornet, 20 Hornet, 17 Bee 17 Hebee, 20 Killer Bee and my favorite the 20 Vartarg, plus many more are all "factory" chamberings at Cooper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
I will start thinking of some! So I never have seen any pictures of flintlocks from you. I am sure a hunter of your caliber has killed some great beasts with an old rocklock! Being more of a high tech guy maybe you prefer Inlines? They are all the rage here as guys like being able to use a scope and shoot a couple hundred yards as well as hunt in the rain. I see they even make them in stainless steel with plastic stocks. I bet you could lay them in a creek if need be.

WSM,

You poor poor Whining Do Nothing [bleep].

Here's HOPING,you are [bleep] stupid enough,to "think" BP is sumptin' unknowed to me. Laffin'! You sappy turd polishing [bleep].

Do you find that when you Whine louder and longer,that it bolsters your Pretend and increases your Imagination?!?

Thanks for the "insight".

Laffin'!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
First nickle I've ever seen. Laffin'!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah,

I can relate, but in a model 38 its like being saved, shaved and well-behaved........

and since we're on the subject of Cooper rifles,

the latest to follow me home.........

[Linked Image]

top to bottom,

model 22 Classic, 257 Roberts AI

model 21 Classic (with a fair stick of English Walnut) 223 Rem.

model 21 Classic, 222 Rem.

Ah, the warmth of wood.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 10/27/13.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Not at all Boxer I just thought maybe you could teach us all something. Actually I think there should be an ask Boxer Thread on here. I would really like your input on inlines as someday I may want one. I would figure you have tried all the latest BP substitutes and could point me in the right direction. All my shooting has been with slow twist roundball guns. Real BP and natural lubed patches. I figure you have gone the gambit with fast twists, gain twists, teflon patches, sabots, lubed maxi's etc.

But hey if you would rather just make fun of me instead of share your ultimate knowledge I can live with that!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter

But hey if you would rather just make fun of me instead of share your ultimate knowledge I can live with that!

Problem is, pokin' fun and ridicule is easy, just have 'bout a hunnerd cut and paste lines prepared in word format. Don't matter whether they apply or not. Just cut and paste.

Reading what someone writes, then thinking about it, crafting a response that helps and is illustrative takes time and thought.

Plus we all know that "no good deed goes unpunished".

and some folks have a "rep" to uphold.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell me more about the 22K hornet conversion of the 77/22? I have a 77/22 stuck off in a corner somewhere. Other than running a reamer in what is involved?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee,

You sure like to stack Goat [bleep].

Congratulations?!?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
WSM,

Always thoughtful of you,to include your ever growing list of insecurities to your latest heartfelt Whine. Congratulations? Rather entertaining how you weave it into a hilarious recounting of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been. Laffin'!

Should it cheer you up,I've never seen a pistole or a scattergun,in either rimfire or centerfire.

Laffin'!

I enjoy the fact,that you are too [bleep] stupid to take notes...let alone apply same. Looking forward to your next whine and the excuses.

Bless your heart.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Setback a smidge,time the extractor,punch and lop to 20" and you are there.

Sooooooooooooo SINISTER.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Last edited by geedubya; 10/27/13.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gee,

Take it however you wish and keep beatin' hell outta them Golf courses and them Pets.

Careful now...or you'll scritch or scratch a stock,while hoppin' barbed wire.

Laffin'!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer
Gee,

Careful now...or you'll scritch or scratch a stock,while hoppin' barbed wire.

Laffin'!

Bee,

No problemo,

[Linked Image]

Don't own any safe queens.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Every wood stocked rifle I have has character marks. Scritches and scratches abound when you use a rifle.

Course admittedly, I don't go throwning them off cliffs and into streambeds or in a hot mesquite cooking fire.

Getting a scritch on a stock when crossing under barbed wire don't bother me near as much as when it's a hunnerd degress out and one nut hangs low and gets hung up on barbed wire or cats claw or cactus. Now that will get one's attention.

Best,

GWB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nothin' says "hard use",like windage adjustable rears,Golf Carts and fences.

Bless your heart.

Page 214 of 229 1 2 212 213 214 215 216 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

254 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,681 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,450
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.