Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
I don't see many comments on here about trailcams. I enjoy running cams in prep for the season (I guess as a way to extend the hunt). It was like Christmas at my house last night. I love my Covert Cams, the SticnPics are new to me but I like them so far!

[Linked Image]

West Kentucky Boy
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nice.

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
Nice.

I hope to get in tonight in time to switch out memory cards on a few cams.

West Kentucky Boy
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I keep them up all year in the woods around my house. My wife is addicted to them too.

During the season I cut back on the cameras around my stands just to avoid stinking it up too much.

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by LostArra

During the season I cut back on the cameras around my stands just to avoid stinking it up too much.

I have figured out to use my tractor as cover for going to check cams. It keeps me from stinking up the area and they've grown used to it over the years. Most of the time the doe's don't even leave the field.

West Kentucky Boy
IC B2

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Finally had a solid mature buck show up. It's about to get started here in KY.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

West Kentucky Boy
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just checked the cam Friday had 3 ten pointers and a half dozen smaller ones.
One ten is big. Hopes are high.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I grew a small food plot for the first time this year and put out cams over looking the plot and nearby trails. I can't wait for Sunday afternoons to hop on the wheeler and go check them.

It turned out to be way more fun and addictive than I ever thought it could be. I'm hooked!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I grew a small food plot for the first time this year and put out cams over looking the plot and nearby trails. I can't wait for Sunday afternoons to hop on the wheeler and go check them.

It turned out to be way more fun and addictive than I ever thought it could be. I'm hooked!

It's like Christmas morning checking the cards. Even when you don't have something big on there you're thinking about what could be...lol

West Kentucky Boy
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Right on! I've have pics of about 15 different bucks using the plot. Spikes, forkhorns, 6 points, 8 points and a 10 point. Nothing bigger than a 120's class though.......YET.

Many many pics of the bucks sparring in the plot. I have one pic of 6 bucks all staring at the camera. A couple pics later, all 6 are sparring. 3 pairs going at it side by side. It's cool as heck!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
i keep 10 trail cams working year around, and i move them to new locations about once a week, know what, where, how many, ages, is a great help in running a hunting operation, its amazing what you get on a trail cam sometimes.rio7

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RIO7
i keep 10 trail cams working year around, and i move them to new locations about once a week, know what, where, how many, ages, is a great help in running a hunting operation, its amazing what you get on a trail cam sometimes.rio7

What brand of cams are you running Rio and which have you found to be the best peformers for the money?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
TTT for Rio

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
rooster7, i have the moultre cams, they do an ok job as far as the pictures go, and they dont cost a ton. i have problems with illegals passing thru the ranch and if they see my cameras, they take them down and beat them to scrap with a stick,so i dont buy the expensive cams.just lots of them. rio7

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
i started the year with two cameras.

some dill hole stole one, i have one left.

so far this year, i have pics of a bear, a coyote, 4 or 5 does, 1 decent buck, 3 little bucks, and 2 human trespassers.

i love them, but i can't afford to replace them, so i don't get to run them as much as i'd like.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trailcams are a ton of fun. I leave mine out yr round and it is like Christmas every time you check them.

Josh

Life is hard,its even harder when you are stupid.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, they're so much fun it gets addictive after a while. I've had a Moultrie Game Spy about 120 yards out back on the edge of a field since Sept. 2012. Move it around the general area about every two months just to see "what if". Have gotten some real nice Deer, turkey, fox etc. pictures. If it wasn't for that trail cam I'd never have known about that monster 8 point around here. Nobody has EVER seen him during daylight hours.. but the trail cam picks him up fairly regularly anywhere from 1 to 4 a.m.. Makes life interesting.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (260Remguy, 358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 18 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,677
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.