Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
This is the archery equivalent of "Oh my god you guys, did you see Paris Hilton is now carrying a Coach handbag instead of Versace?"

In other words, WGAF.

This. LMAO.

+1

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
280, reading your post got me to thinking about a question....

You are a knowledgeable bow tuner, can you take any bow and tune it equally well? Not asking about certain brands, just with a great knowledge of tuning do you think any bow can be precision tuned to shoot equally?

There are no bad days hunting elk, some are just better.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why any of the top shooters would go with a bow or bow company that does not pay big Contingencies is foolish IMO. Companies like Hoyt pay more than the shoot payouts for some of the big shoots like Vegas or Redding. Maybe Elite has stepped up in that area but I have not seen it. Much like most sports it's not the equipment once you get to that level.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just for the record, I was shooting Elite before this happening. Don't want to be a follower, ya know! smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nclonghunter
280, reading your post got me to thinking about a question....

You are a knowledgeable bow tuner, can you take any bow and tune it equally well? Not asking about certain brands, just with a great knowledge of tuning do you think any bow can be precision tuned to shoot equally?

Yes. Have had no problems with single cams, dual cams, binaries, cam 1/2s, or hybrids. I do find some bows such as the Diamond Infinite and Razor Edge, and the Mission Craze to be more challenging at the lower end of their weight adjustment range. Im not a fan of factory strings. And prefer not to work with them. Issues with stretch and serving seperation are common. And have found that a bow tuned with them is more likely to come out of tune sooner than one with quality custom strings. Its all in materials used and the attn to detail with which the strings are made. Also the tensioning process and at what tension the serving is applied makes a world of difference. But as to your original question, the results are the same but some bows/cam systems are easier to work with.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by centershot
Why any of the top shooters would go with a bow or bow company that does not pay big Contingencies is foolish IMO. Companies like Hoyt pay more than the shoot payouts for some of the big shoots like Vegas or Redding. Maybe Elite has stepped up in that area but I have not seen it. Much like most sports it's not the equipment once you get to that level.

Equipment does matter. I guarantee you Levi would not have parted ways with Mathews if he wasnt absolutely confident he could continue his tournament dominance with Elite. And im quite sure Elite kicked up the contingency money.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I bet they made a deal more like Cousins had with Hoyt. Rather then raise the contingency money.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Could be. Do know Mathews was rumored to have reduced their contingency payouts. Levi going to Elite, which is part of the same company that owns his other sponsors (scott and cbe) makes sense. Regardless of the deal, he likes the bows. He has to. Cant see him jumping ship for a company he doesnt feel he can win with right away

Custom Strings/Tuning
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Equipment does matter. I guarantee you Levi would not have parted ways with Mathews if he wasnt absolutely confident he could continue his tournament dominance with Elite. And im quite sure Elite kicked up the contingency money. [/quote]

Minimal when your talking about every manufacturer's best equipment. Levi is not going to get their bottom end hunting bow. It's about $, not brand loyalty. There are a handful of guys that can win any weekend, just takes a couple of good days back to back and when it happens may as well get paid........after all they are professional archers. Hope it works out for him. It would be nice so see someone give Hoyt a run.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
McPherson wouldn't let Levi out of his contract a cpl years ago to go to PSE, so he waited and left the first opportunity he could. Derek Philips likes to tell their shooters what they can do on their own time and a few have left because of that. Contingency money was cut a cpl years ago but their Factory Pro shooters are paid a fixed amount dependent on their contract and have a set number of shoots they need to attend. They also can win that contingency. Contracts are 3 years and that's why Levi couldn't leave till Nov 1.
Levi has had an Elite for some time and he knows full well what it will do.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wake me if this becomes an issue.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've bought probably 30 bows in the last 20 years and untold amount of archery equipment. I coulnd't name one person who is sponsored by an archery company. i guess I am not the target audience.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,346
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.