Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's a photo of the doe I killed this year. The .257 85HV impacted above the nose and exited between the ears. Impact was about twenty yards from muzzle. Oehler average for three, three groups was 3,919 feet per second.

[Linked Image]

This is a photo of the exit from the buck at about 90 yards.
[Linked Image]

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Classy. Stick to boring people with your nonsensical drivel in the optics forum.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hmm, not impressed.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
what a douche. The ground hog patch is -------> over there thats where that rig with that load belongs

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To me that shows a lack of respect for the animal you are hunting. The longer I've been hunting the more I respect the animals I'm killing and want to do it in the most respectful way possible. It's what I'm trying to pass on to my kids, and if one of my kids did that to a deer intentionally they'd get an earful.

God bless,

Mm

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You crossed the line, unfortunately you are not the first to post garbage like this.

laissez les bons temps rouler
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ya know, chit like that can happen in the field, hopefully not on purpose but it can happen.

But why in the [bleep] would you post a picture like that?

Velocity/energy, we get it. Go shoot a [bleep] pumpkin or a water jug if you want to experiment with carnage.

This pisses me off.

It would reflect poorly on those of us that cherish the honored values and traditions of the field if we did not point at this and express disgust and disapproval.

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Ya know, chit like that can happen in the field, hopefully not on purpose but it can happen.

But why in the [bleep] would you post a picture like that?

Velocity/energy, we get it. Go shoot a [bleep] pumpkin or a water jug if you want to experiment with carnage.

This pisses me off.

It would reflect poorly on those of us that cherish the honored values and traditions of the field if we did not point at this and express disgust and disapproval.

EXACTAMUNDO!

Thanks Dave.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have no problem with a guy taking that shot if he is well prepared and practiced. No doubt the deer was DRT and to me, that is important.

Posting the pic here is low-class, senseless and does more harm than good.

Montana MOFO
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wow.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, guys for the responses. All that was visible was about three inches of neck and the face. On a doe tag here one can kill a doe or spike I hunted several days and that was the last hour of the last day when I took that shot.

I sure am curious how a photo of a deer shot in the head is different from a deer shot in the chest. Both are dead meat. How is it sensible or senseless and does harm or do good?

Maybe someone more astute than me could explain this respect for the animal thing. Shoot one in the chest is respectful and shoot one in the head and that is not respectful? What? I don't get it. They are pests in my garden and orchard. Tell me they are not objects of hunting in the woods and food on the plate.

By the way all who would not take the only presented shot on the last day at the last hour of the season on a legal game animal tell me where I was wrong.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No one said they wouldn't take the shot. And as far as why posting that photo was tasteless, if you have to have it explained to you then it's not worth the effort.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
....tell me where I was wrong.

For the same reason sometimes a casket is open and others closed.
In the first we do the best we can. In the second it would be tasteless and serve no useful purpose other than be disgusting.

Oh and the fps was another jewel of info. Wow.

Last edited by battue; 11/05/13.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The OP has proven time-and-time-again that he is simply incapable of reason.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
No one said they wouldn't take the shot. And as far as why posting that photo was tasteless, if you have to have it explained to you then it's not worth the effort.

Its hard not to feel the same way, but I've been ignorant in quite a few areas in my life till someone comes along and enlightens me, hope the same for the OP. Glamorizing gore has no place in our sporting tradition, it is part of it without a doubt and that cannot be denied but not the part worth going over again and reliving. The animal gave up its life, have some respect.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'd explain it this way to the OP. If you have non-hunting friend chances are that his/her attitude about hunting is close to the average person's. In other words, chances are he thinks hunting is OK and supports your right and mine to do it. But doesn't have strong feelings about it one way (pro) or the other (anti).

So bring him to the screen, tell him you were just trying to illustrate bullet performance or whatever it was you were trying to show, and ask him what he thinks of your photo and whether it puts hunting in a positive or negative light.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I got redfaced pissed when I saw the picture, and the dumbazz who posted it doesn't know why.

This is why I chuckle when someone says we hunters have to stick together. I'll pick who I want to stick together with, and this clown isn't one of them.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Am l correct in understanding you guys don't appreciate good bullet performance?

Everyday Hunter
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You're an idiot.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Jes..s

Ph;;K'n

Chr....T!!!!!!!!

What a City-iot!!!

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 42 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,723
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.