Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 218 of 229 1 2 216 217 218 219 220 228 229
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Carlo Rossi! Dat's good [bleep]!!!

Swordfish on the grill? Whats in the bag of greens? Cilantro?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'Cub,

I remain under the impression,that money grows on trees. Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next excuse(s) and the exciting recounting of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been.

Yet another 105 HPBT Hornie Day...here along The Milford.

[Linked Image]

The feesh were feeding on the surface and I sorta wished I'd of brought one of them Fancy Schmancy Feesh Rods,so I coulda done did me some dry fly'n. Oh well,mebbe tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to your next Pretend.

Laffin'!

BEST Thread Evah!

Gee',

The Texas Version of everything,is just oh sooooooooo [bleep] HILARIOUS!

Bless your heart.

'Mooner,

I've oft wondered if fresh feesh were any better than the frozen stuff I buy here in the Big City?!?

Mebbe some day.

Laffin'!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Carlo Rossi! Dat's good [bleep]!!!

Whats in the bag of greens? Cilantro?

Yup,

Cilantro it is.

Use it in/on all kind of stuff.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nice buck Boxer. Cool beans.

Im gonna go see if I can make a dent in his number of cousins in the lower 48 on Monday...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer

Gee',

The Texas Version of everything,is just oh sooooooooo [bleep] HILARIOUS!

Bless your heart.

Thanks for the kind words Bee.

[Linked Image]

and to coin a homophone,

I knew you would appreciate a Texan's "wry" sense of humor.

Best fishes,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 11/09/13.

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
and while we're at it

[Linked Image]

How bout a little input from the Cosmos Factory........

Best,

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dammit I have seen jerky....must have jerky. I think I ma about down to backstraps and burger. I might do some burger jerky but do not tell anyone or the burger jerky police might get me. I suspect that it will be berger burger jerky, but no way of telling once it makes it in the freezer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dubePA
I am just starting to play around with my 25-06 and really like it but have noticed that it loses a lot of energy when out to 400 to 600 yards. Does anyone have real life with clean kills on deer size game at that distance ?

Nothing beyond 500 yet and a half dozen or so between 300 and 425, but none noticed that dreaded "energy loss" you speak of thus far? Can't get much cleaner than toppling where they stood, walked or trotted.

100gr Nosler Ballistic Tips. Always and forever.

If someone yearns to shoot heavier bullets, then let 'em use a 270. I hear they're kinda okay? Heavier bullets in a 25-06 defeats the purpose.

I was just referring to a couple of the ballistic charts I have looked at.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Dammit I have seen jerky....must have jerky. I think I ma about down to backstraps and burger. I might do some burger jerky but do not tell anyone or the burger jerky police might get me. I suspect that it will be berger burger jerky, but no way of telling once it makes it in the freezer.

Yup, whole muscle meat jerky

almost 5 lbs. worth.

Small batch, about 66 hours from start to finish.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
66 hours include killing dragging cleaning processing and cooking?

I have one of those great big dehydrators from cabelas I think it has 15 racks. I made about 35 lbs worth last year, the niece nephews and the wife loves it too. I am to the point that I o every year and kill an elk or oryx for my tenderized fry meat. My deer become backstraps for grilling, and burger, or mixed in with any piggies I kill for sausage.
I am going to have to start keeping more jerky meat because it has been going fast. I am going to have to find a new plan for my processing. I wonder how tenderized elk or oryx would work for jerky, never tried it but I might have to.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
EB,

perhaps that is misleading.

In this case I had 12 lbs of beef tenderloin.

I cut the silverskin off each loin, then cut them into several pieces during that process.

I use a jerky board and manually slice the meat into 1/4" to 3/8" thick slabs.

I then cut the meat into strips. That process usually takes an hour or so.

Next, I soak the meat in a marinade for 9 to 24 hours depending on whether I'm under a time constraint.

After that I apply seasoning and cure. Then the meat is allowed to cure for 48 hours.
It is my understanding that one is setting up the perfect medium for Botulism when preparing jerky. Dark, warm and moist. It is also my understanding that the sodium nitrite will penetrate the meat at 1/8" per 24 hours. As I generally cut meat 1/4" to 3/8" thick, the 48 hour curing time is minimal.
Once the meat is cured, then from 5.5 hours to 7 hours in the dehydrator, depending on thickness and species.

This batch I started about 9PM Wednesday night and finished about 4:30 PM this afternoon.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotcha.

This batch was gone in one night at the deer camp.

[Linked Image]

I am thinking about making a really big batch and vacuum sealing and freezing about 50-60 lbs of deer jerky this year. I have to do something with all those does smile

If you ever want visitors just let your wife post a pic of a big batch of jerky on facebook. You will have to lock the doors and hide with the pretext of being on vacation smile We had neighbors and family coming out of the woodwork, lesson learned.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
But Schmuck... minus your normal, abnormal diatribe, you didn't answer the questions.... must be a little over your head then...

OMG, I'm sorry... just about everything is physically over your head... how insensitive of me....please accept my apology...

these midget jokes aren't that funny, are they?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yeah they are...

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Mmmmm jerky....

I'm gonna have to stick a nanny deer.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by geedubya
and while we're at it

[Linked Image]

How bout a little input from the Cosmos Factory.......

Best,

GWB

Good stuff for sure. I have aquired a taste for your Shiner brews lately.I can't find it by the case here,so six packs are the rule. Shook old Jim Beams hand many times in my younger days. Been digging the Jerky here as well. I'm lucky to have a few friends that are into smoking,and like to share. I gave one of them a big hank of Old Bull (elk) to have a go at. A couple Blue Moon Belgians or Yuengling Black and Tans and I'll be fine. I do need to lay in some "Snake Bite" for the winter. Been wanting to try some Devils Cut. A little snake bite and a good brew help make cold winter nights a little shorter.

Last edited by Otter6; 11/10/13.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
'Cub,

AKA ..... "welfare".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
'Cub,

AKA ..... "welfare".

yeah but it increases your "hunting opportunities"....

if the manHarem is on welfare, well then that means its good enough for me that they use it to increase their 'hunting opportunities'....

whistle

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Shefire,

I enjoy your Imagination,almost as much as you do,though for very different reasons.

Laffin'!

Be sure and tell yourself that which you most need to hear,then frost same copiously with the "reality" of your "results". Mebbe a GREAT time to dangle a picture of yourself and really knock schit outta da Park. Laffin'!

You'd think 6 months of vacation a year,would be difficult to get used to...but lemme tell you a "secret".

It ain't.

Laffin'!

BEST Thread Evah!

'Cub,

I always enjoy your excuses and the tantalizing Tales of all the things you almost did,with all the wares you almost had and from all the places you've almost been.

Perhaps consider conjoining your Imaginary Pixels with Shefire's,as you align your Axis Of Imagination and Pretend to have pried your kchunt from the couch. Spare no "details" and go Full [bleep] Brinky and "Imbelish" as you Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumb [bleep] simply must. Laffin'!

Always a fascinating read,as you ply your Vagina Monologue and wax eloquent on all the things beyond your means,ability and comprehension and frost same copiously with "all" the things you "do" Outdoors. Please do not forget to plagiarize a cartoon or sumptin',so as to really make a "stand".

I'm [bleep] crying,I'm laughing so hard.

You poor,poor stupid [bleep].

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Good morning Schmuck.... glad to hear everything is great in Nowhere Alaska.....

yeah, I have seen the light....anything that you and the manHarem do is just O-TaY by me...

actually you're my write in candidate for our county's "Animal Control officer" ( head dog catcher)....

and I do applaud your work ethic, being off and collecting welfare for 6 months out of the year.... hell, if 6 months of being an unemployed bum and hunter parexcellance is easy to get use to, I applaud your plan of doing it 12 months out of the year.....

Naw Schmuck, I have to give it to ya... ya got it all figured out... ya got the world by the balls and in the palm of your hand.... which is easy to do while your down there staring most people you meet right in the belt buckle...

and I'll pass on thinking what else ya might be doing down there.....that's a manHarem thing, so I'll leave that subject to the more qualified of your Groupies...

so you have a great day, being all 'on vacation' up there today... fishin, and killing stuff, and just being a public nuisance in general ( the thing you enjoy most).. and don't forget to purchase your license for that sort of stuff.....we don't want you and Fish and Game getting at odds again like last time....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oops ......... gotta strike!

[Linked Image]

Reminds me of these ....

[Linked Image]

Page 218 of 229 1 2 216 217 218 219 220 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,468
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.