Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
A excerpt from a Fox News article in today's news coverage:

Pressed on several hot-button conservative issues, Christie told Fox News that gun-control �can be a part of� the gun-violence solution, but his focus remains on mental-health issues.

I will not vote for him.

That is the issue right there! When you have this "Truth Test" to be a conservative with only "us or them" mind set....Well you isolate most who might support you. The "Us against the world" is a dead end. Support who you want but very few candidates have all of the same qualities as each voter so you choose from the ones that have the most.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
my jaundiced viewpoint is that the front runners of both parties represent the status quo.

others feel like the status quo needs fixing.

who'll win? it won't matter if any of the front runners win from either party. that leaves at least a few of us chit out of luck.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Gus
my jaundiced viewpoint is that the front runners of both parties represent the status quo.

who'll win? it won't matter if any of the front runners win from either party. that leaves at least a few of us chit out of luck.

Concise, clear, and to the point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by dave7mm

I will not vote for him.

You doogooders can stay home and not vote because you dont like the fatboy.
Heck im not a fatboy fan myself.
But I ask you to consider that the hildabeast will finish, what the raghead has started.
The SCOTUS just for starters.
Its a big ship.Its going to take time to turn.
And the thing is.
You have to win an election before you can change anything.
Staying home, is just like voting for what you hate most.

dave

Their is nothing you, or anybody else, can say to make the conservative base show up for Christie, just like they didn't for Romney or McCain. Nothing.

The democrats fall in line and vote for what ever cretin gets the nomination. Their values and standards appear to be minimal. The republicans will also do the same thing. Having an R behind your name is all that is required to get another republican's vote.

However, the Conservatives, those people with strict values and standards will only vote for those who meet their values and standards. There is NO flexibility. Being a Conservative and being a Republican are NOT the same thing. That is why the democrats always come out the winner. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Gus:

Spot on.

You have to realize that when wing of a 1 party comes up with a "radical fix" like the Tea Party would like to do you run the risk of killing any meaningful change and killing your over all chances of winning national elections, thus becoming 100% counter productive.

Last edited by northwestalaska; 11/11/13.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Gus

Concise, clear, and to the point.

Gus, you found your meds!!

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
when the rank and file picked the candidate, we won twice in a row with Bush.
When we let the left wing media pick the candidate, we lost consecutively with McCain and Romney.
See a pattern here?

I'll sit out the election in 2016, if Cristie is the candidate.

Sam......

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
There is NO flexibility. Being a Conservative and being a Republican are NOT the same thing. That is why the democrats always come out the winner. kwg

You have just hit on why the conservative movement has no chance of being successful. Our entire system is built upon on that dirty word, compromise. If there is only a single set of correct points of vier it would be a Dictatorship or a Monarchy. Is that what you are proposing?

It is extremely elitist to believe your values and points of view are more important than anyone else. You can see that can't you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

It is extremely elitist to believe your values and points of view are more important than anyone else.

You mean like Oberry?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I won't sit out the election and neither should you. There are always many other issues on the ballot, but now, I won't pull a lever for that lard-ass either. That's a promise.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
when the rank and file picked the candidate, we won twice in a row with Bush.
When we let the left wing media pick the candidate, we lost consecutively with McCain and Romney.
See a pattern here?

Obviously they don't see the pattern Sam, as obvious as it is. Destroy any conservative candidate and make sure a loser is propped up as being "electable". It's worked out pretty well for them too.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SBTCO
POTUS has been out of constitutional control for some time now. The place to make the change back to a constitutional republic is through the individual states. We apply our energy at the state level and we can create an atmosphere where the fed guv will realize they need us instead of the perception of the opposite.

Rather than fearing the fed as an all consuming tyrannical beast, we should treat it as an insolent, spoiled child we have surrounded, and the time to exercise tough love has come.

That's where the new civil war has to come from but we must also realize that probably only a third of the states will support such a move.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

It is extremely elitist to believe your values and points of view are more important than anyone else.

You mean like Oberry?

If I work and pay taxes to foot the bill of the military, .gov, and welfare Dimocraps it's not elitist to realize I benefit the country rather drain it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

You mean like Oberry?

If I work and pay taxes to foot the bill of the military, .gov, and welfare Dimocraps it's not elitist to realize I benefit the country rather drain it.

well yeah. anybody with one eye and half-sense knows that already. we're close to entering the point of having more consumers of gov't wealth than producers of tax revenue. that would be a very dangerous area to be in, for the rich or the poor, the producers and the consumers.

no doubt we've got plenty of users of gov't largesse. perhaps the workers just aren't working hard enough? wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let's face it. Neither Republican, nor Democrat, Politicians want conservatives to vote. It payes the same whether they're in the majority or minority. When somebody like Cruz, Lee, Paul etc, slip though the cracks it just makes them all look bad.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
True

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

So let me get this straight....Anyone who pays taxes has the right to elitist and insist that their point of view is the only one that counts?

Everyone pays some kind of tax. Sales, payroll or gas tax thus we all should assume that only our point of view is worthy? We are talking about 313,000,000 people!

We have chosen to liv in a country where we all have an = say. It must be time for you to move to Cuba!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Gus:

Spot on.

You have to realize that when wing of a 1 party comes up with a "radical fix" like the Tea Party would like to do you run the risk of killing any meaningful change and killing your over all chances of winning national elections, thus becoming 100% counter productive.

It take two sides to work a real compromise. What we have had is one side in the driver�s seat dictating to the passenger side.

Thanks to the Obama disaster, the tables have turned.
Tea Party grew out of ObamaCare. That and the whole Obama Agenda that is really starting to hurt voter pocketbooks is pushing the Tea Party into the drivers seat.

11/11/13
On Breitbart News Sunday on Sirius XM Patriot channel 125, veterans who are involved in the Tea Party movement joined Breitbart News Executive Chairman and host Stephen K. Bannon to discuss why they joined the movement to fight for the country at home after serving abroad

Christian Stevens, an Army veteran, said he often sees the same people at VFW and Tea Party meetings, and he emphasized that he took an oath to "protect against all enemies foreign and domestic--and Tea party is doing the domestic side."
Mark Herr, an Air Force veteran, is involved in the Center for Self-Governance and the Mid-South Tea Party movement, and he told Bannon that he never understood the oath to the people of America until after he joined the military. He said there is a "sense of obligation to stand up and defend the republic so that the next generation can enjoy the freedom and liberties brought to us by the Founding Fathers."
[�]
Lt. Colonel Rick Moreland, an Army veteran, also said that when veterans are asked to be acknowledged at Tea Party organizations or meetings, "you see a heavy representation."
"In my training, the Constitution that we were sworn to defend is what the Tea Party is about," he said before emphasizing that the Tea Party is about reducing the government to a "size that is within the Constitution."

Kurt Potter, an Army veteran, said he was inspired to be involved in the Tea Party movement after listening to Rick Santelli's rant on the floor of Wall Street in 2009, which he said motivated him to become more politically active and put "more skin in the game."

Talking about the future of the Tea Party movement, Moreland said the Tea Party has already in four years become "much more tech-savvy and much more effective in ways others than a street protest organization. They will continue to establish itself, probably on a high-tech plane."

Potter said though the Tea Party has been criticized for being nativists, racists, and homophobes, he "doesn't care about" those criticisms and portrayals because they are not accurate. He said Americans who have died abroad "didn't lay down their lives so people can enjoy barbecue" at home, "but so that people can stand up and fight for liberty in their own country."

He said there will always be that fight for liberty and emphasized that "we are responsible for our own destiny."

Moreland agreed, emphasizing one of those liberties is being "able to speak free." He said "freedom of speech" has to be defended, and it goes both ways. He said the Tea Party movement has a right to "say we want the government controlled by the Constitution" as much as Americans have a right to hurl invective at the movement.

The veterans all agreed that once the Tea Party better learns and grasps the political process, they will see the movement from a "self-governance" perspective and will not want to be controlled by established political parties.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
The reason he won is because he is a Democrat claiming to be a Republican. A few minutes ago on FOX he portrayed himself as above the fray of the Washington DC types when asked if he is conservative. He refused to answer. He did the same thing when asked about Ted Cruz. His lack of answer tells us he is NOT conservative and is NOT in agreement with Cruz.
Naturally he's not a conservative. He's a leftist douche.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
A excerpt from a Fox News article in today's news coverage:

Pressed on several hot-button conservative issues, Christie told Fox News that gun-control �can be a part of� the gun-violence solution, but his focus remains on mental-health issues.

I will not vote for him.
Our gun rights can be just as easily assaulted by the "mental health" approach as by direct gun control. That's how the Soviets and the commie Chinese put political opposition in the gulags. No trick to disarm political opposition by that method. And by political opposition I mean folks who support constitutional government, free markets, the rule of law, etc. They will declare those the marks of dangerous mental illness. They've nearly done so as we speak.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 67 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.