Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie celebrates on election night, Nov. 5.
(Photo: Mel Evans, AP)
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
New Jersey governor to appear on four of five shows
Top topics: Elections, Obamacare, Iran
Efforts to get a deal with Iran over its nuclear program will also be discussed
CONNECT
TWEET
COMMENT
EMAIL
MORE
He may not be the "elephant in the room," as Time magazine dubbed him this week, but New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will virtually take over Sunday's network and cable news shows as he seeks to turn his landslide re-election into a potential 2016 presidential campaign.

Christie will appear on four of the five major Sunday morning shows this week, including an appearance on ABC's This Week With George Stephanopoulos. The shows will focus on the recent off-year elections, the state of the Republican Party, the continuing problems with the Obamacare rollout and efforts to get a deal with Iran over its nuclear program.

Here's the Sunday lineup:

� ABC's This Week:Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J., appearing live. Texas Gov. Rick Perry, from Iowa, marking his first time back since his ill-fated 2012 presidential campaign. Perry, a potential 2016 candidate, denounced President Obama's leadership on foreign policy issues in a Polk County speech Thursday night. Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, on Iran. Menendez is a supporter of continued U.S. sanctions against Iran as long as its nuclear program is still running.

� CBS' Face the Nation:Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J. Former Defense secretary Leon Panetta � who also served as CIA director, White House chief of staff, White House budget director and in Congress � on President Obama's second-term issues, from health care to drone strikes. Panetta recently criticized Obama's refusal to negotiate with Republicans over the government shutdown and raising the debt ceiling.

� NBC's Meet the Press:Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J. Sens. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and Bob Corker, R-Tenn., on issues ranging from Obamacare to Iran. Durbin, the No. 2 Democratic leader in the Senate, recently backed away from his allegation that a Republican leader criticized Obama to his face during the government shutdown. Corker, top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has been a leader in seeking to maintain sanctions against Iran.

� Fox News Sunday:Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J. A discussion about Obamacare with business, insurance and health policy experts. Among those interviewed will be Ron Pollack, executive director of the pro-Obamacare consumer group Families USA; Stephen Curry, vice president of Benefit Planning Services; and Cade Joiner, owner of Shred-X.

� CNN's State of the Union:Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus on the future of the Republican Party. Priebus recently predicted GOP action in immigration and urged the party not to threaten another government shutdown. Maverick Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who faces a tough re-election battle inside his own party next year, on Obamacare, Iran and last year's attacks against the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, Libya. Former Senate majority leader Bob Dole, who turned 90 this year, on what America owes its veterans.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reason he won is because he is a Democrat claiming to be a Republican. A few minutes ago on FOX he portrayed himself as above the fray of the Washington DC types when asked if he is conservative. He refused to answer. He did the same thing when asked about Ted Cruz. His lack of answer tells us he is NOT conservative and is NOT in agreement with Cruz.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In answer to your question probably not. The libertarian/conservative/ Tea Party faction would have to over come the Marxist/Social Democrats of the Democrat and Republican Party.

Probably the best bet is to put as many libertarian/conservative/Tea Party types in the House and Senate as possible and a Democrat in the WH. Grid lock is always good.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
When he, or someone just like him is installed by the rovites, there will be cries from the usual crowd to blindly support him. Meanwhile, the RINO elite will lose to the real libtards, yet again... Groundhog Day.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A excerpt from a Fox News article in today's news coverage:

Pressed on several hot-button conservative issues, Christie told Fox News that gun-control �can be a part of� the gun-violence solution, but his focus remains on mental-health issues.

I will not vote for him.

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 11/10/13.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
POTUs has been out of constitutional control for some time now. The place to make the change back to a constitutional republic is through the individual states. We apply our energy at the state level and we can create an atmosphere where the fed guv will realize they need us instead of the perception of the opposite.

Rather than fearing the fed as an all consuming tiranical beast, we should treat it as an insolent, spoiled child we have surounded, and the time to exercise tough love has come.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Christie is far from perfect, but the perfect conservative candidate doesn't stand a chance at being POTUS in America. We can always elect Hillary.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hilary will be the next president, IMO.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

I will not vote for him.

You doogooders can stay home and not vote because you dont like the fatboy.
Heck im not a fatboy fan myself.
But I ask you to consider that the hildabeast will finish, what the raghead has started.
The SCOTUS just for starters.
Its a big ship.Its going to take time to turn.
And the thing is.
You have to win an election before you can change anything.
Staying home, is just like voting for what you hate most.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
[quote=SBTCO]POTUs has been out of constitutional control for some time now. The place to make the change back to a constitutional republic is through the individual states. We apply our energy at the state level and we can create an atmosphere where the fed guv will realize they need us instead of the perception of the opposite.

Rather than fearing the fed as an all consuming tiranical beast, we should treat it as an insolent, spoiled child we have surounded, and the time to exercise tough love has come. [/quote

Good point.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure." (Thomas Jefferson)

DON'T TREAD ON ME

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dave7mm

I will not vote for him.

But I ask you to consider that the hildabeast will finish, what the raghead has started.
And the thing is.

dave

Their is nothing you, or anybody else, can say to make the conservative base show up for Christie, just like they didn't for Romney or McCain. Nothing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Immigration, Gun control, a vote for fatboy is worse than a vote for dimschit. We will have more gun control and amnesty under a (that) Republican President, not so under a dimschit. The Reptards will deny a D-pres and follow along with a R-pres.

Last edited by Tombo; 11/11/13.

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tombo
Immigration, Gun control, a vote for fatboy is worse than a vote for dimschit. We will have more gun control and amnesty under a Republican President, not so under a dimschit. The Reptards will deny a D-pres and follow along with a R-pres.

No...anything is better than a Democrat. The fact though, is that Democrats and Republicans both vote for money.

Conservatives vote on principle, will not vote Democrat and will not show up for unprincipled candidates. That leaves the Republicans out as long as they continue to pimp RINOs.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pressed on several hot-button conservative issues, Christie told Fox News that gun-control �can be a part of� the gun-violence solution, but his focus remains on mental-health issues.

In that same interview he bragged about the fact that he'll work with anyone who holds the "same view" of the future he does.

Sounds like Oberry to me.

Just another lying politician out to line his own pockets as far as I'm concerned.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Sounds like Oberry to me.

Birds of a feather, flock together.. That's why you see the fatboy holding hands with the "narcissist in charge".

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
11/11/13
Palin said on NBC�s �Today� show�after last Tuesday�s elections, which saw New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie sail to reelection by huge margins as a Republican in a Democratic state, she is still not jumping on the Christie bandwagon.

�I would never put my faith and hope in any one individual politician,� Palin said. �There is no Ronald Reagan on the scene today. If he were on the scene, that�s who I would put my faith in.

But hey, New Jersey, a blue state, has a Republican governor. Right on. Beats the alternative.�

The former vice presidential candidate rejected the narrative that the elections taught tea party candidates they need to moderate.

�You know, when you stand in the middle of the road, you�re going to get hit on both sides of the road,� Palin said. �[Sens.] Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, some of these guys actually were fulfilling their campaign promises [on Obamacare], and they asked for debate. That�s why they stood up and took the stand, fought for us to debate the issue of Obamacare.�

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...president-obama-99660.html#ixzz2kM0FAVbf

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 11/11/13.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Christie is certainly not a conservative. However, he is not a H. Clinton or Obama liberal either. I hope we do better, but I'm not optimistic.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by dave7mm

I will not vote for him.

And the thing is.

dave

Seek better. Choose wisely & encourage DEMAND better, or you will ensure another repeat of the last two elections by ignoring the primary process & starting, already, again, to demand people support these chitheels that keep getting installed by idiots who drink the rovite koolaid & are fooled by the untold billions spent to install them.

You're the problem, not those who hate to the core & will never, ever support the awful choices being given by those you seem to lay down for so easily.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ah yes the selling of the media's next great piece of moderate [bleep] (PMS).

NRA Lifetime Member
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I will not vote for him.

He is extremely electable and not half as bad as some make him out to be...

EXCEPT for the one gigantic glaring problem you posted.
He is for "common sense" gun control.
I voted 3rd party this gubernatorial election because of that point.
(the Dem was a raving liberal commie, so that was not an option either.)

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.