Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
POW claims military manipulated her story
Advance press of former POW Jessica Lynch�s biography includes the shocking revelation the 19-year-old Army supply clerk was raped and sodomized by her Iraqi captors.

In �I Am a Soldier, Too,� the authorized biography written by best-selling author Rick Bragg, Lynch offers for the first time brutal details of her treatment as a prisoner of war following the ambush of her 507th Maintenance Company convoy in Nasiriyah on March 23 and before the heroic Special Ops rescue operation that swept her out of harm�s way in the middle of the night nine days later.

�Jessi lost three hours,� Bragg wrote, according to the New York Daily News, who obtained a copy of the book. �She lost them in the snapping bones, in the crash of the Humvee, in the torment her enemies inflicted on her after she was pulled from it.�

According to Bragg, Lynch�s medical records indicate she was anally
raped.

�The records do not tell whether her captors assaulted her almost lifeless, broken body after she was lifted from the wreckage, or if they assaulted her and then broke her bones into splinters until she was almost dead,� the Daily News quotes from the book.

Lynch and her parents also shared the grim details of her ordeal in an interview with ABC News� Diane Sawyer, which will air on a special edition of �Primetime� Tuesday. The parents say they rejected any notion of being selective about revealing the details because they want the book to accurately reflect what happened.

WorldNetDaily reported Lynch�s father, Greg Lynch, earlier alluded to a gag order apparently placed on the family during a press conference outside their Palestine, W.Va., home.

�We�re really not supposed to talk about that subject. It�s still under investigation,� he said when asked what Jessica had relayed to them about her POW experience.

Lynch�s 207-page book, published by Knopf, is scheduled to be released Tuesday, which is Veteran�s Day.

Pulitzer Prize winning Bragg has written several books, including the
memoir �All Over but the Shoutin�.� He resigned from the New York Times in May following his suspension over a story that carried his byline but was reported largely by a freelance writer.

News of the assault disturbs military advocate Elaine Donnelly, who has pressed the Pentagon for such details to no avail.

�I�m kind of surprised that the news of rape is coming out so late. We should have learned about this sooner,� Donnelly told WorldNetDaily, adding she suspected Lynch was brutalized after hearing reports that her dogtags were found on the nightstand of one of Saddam Hussein�s Fedayeen fighters.

�I�m so sorry about what happened to Jessica Lynch and my heart goes out to her. I don�t like to be right on these things, but I feared this happened,� Donnelly said.

Donnelly, who heads the Center for Military Readiness, an independent public-policy organization that specializes in military personnel issues, and is a member of WND�s Speakers Bureau, blames Lynch�s tragic experience on what she calls �social engineering� policies instituted in the military over the last decade by �Pentagon feminists� seeking to advance the careers of servicewomen at the cost, she says, of military morale, efficiency and readiness.

Donnelly has called on Commander in Chief Bush to give direction to the Pentagon on rolling back Clinton-era policies such as females serving in combat roles, gender quotas, co-ed basic training, the deployment of single mothers and pregnant servicewomen and �overly generous pregnancy policies that subsidize and therefore increase single parenthood.�

Donnelly�s CMR launched a petition drive to gather electronic signatures of like-minded supporters. More than 15,000 people have signed so far. Donnelly hopes to present the petition in a personal meeting with President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. No meeting is yet scheduled.

Meanwhile, Army spokesperson Martha Rudd scoffs at the idea the American public should have been told about the rape.

�It�s her business. If you were raped, would you want us to put out a press release?� asked Rudd, after noting Lynch was �free to talk about her experience.�

�We�re very careful here about protecting soldiers who have been injured,� Rudd continued, explaining officials only release information if the injured soldier has given consent. Rudd could not say whether Lynch had specifically declined consent to the release of the rape details by military officials or whether she had consented to the release of other information about her medical condition that surfaced shortly after her rescue.

WorldNetDaily has reported the Washington Post, citing an unnamed Pentagon official, erroneously reported Lynch �sustained multiple gunshot wounds� and also was stabbed while she �fought fiercely and shot several enemy soldiers � firing her weapon until she ran out of ammunition.� The paper quoted this official as describing her as �fighting to the death.�

Nearly two weeks after its initial report, the Post essentially retracted this story, this time quoting a physician at the Iraqi hospital in Nasiriyah as saying Lynch had sustained a head injury and arm and leg fractures, but �there were no bullets or shrapnel or anything like that.�

In her book, Lynch sets the record straight, saying she never fired a shot because her M-16 jammed.

�I didn�t kill nobody,� she said.

�When we were told to lock and load, that�s when my weapon jammed,� Lynch told Sawyer, according to ABC. �I did not shoot a single round � I went down praying to my knees. And that�s the last I remember.�

ABC reports Lynch says she felt used by the military.

�It hurt in a way that people would make up stories that they had no truth about. They did not know whether I did that or not. Only I would have been able to know that, because the other four people on my vehicle aren�t here to tell that story. So I would have been the only one able to say, �Yeah, I went down shooting.� But I didn�t. I did not,� Lynch reportedly told Sawyer.

At the time of the false report, Donnelly suspected military officials were spinning the Jessica Lynch story to head off criticism for placing Lynch in a combat-support position in which she became a POW.

As for the privacy issue, Donnelly argues that once Lynch was captured, she became a public figure plastered all over television sets around the world. She stresses that the issue of whether war crimes have been committed against U.S. soldiers carries policy implications.

�If the Pentagon puts a happy face on the situation and describes her
injuries as only being broken bones, they�re not being honest with the American public and with women recruits.�

Col. Denise Dailey, spokesperson for DACOWITS, the advisory committee on women in the military for the Department of Defense, was not available for comment on Lynch�s revelation and associated policy implications.

This is not the first time the assault of a female POW in the Iraqi theater of war was kept under wraps. Flight surgeon Rhonda Cornum was sexually assaulted after being taken prisoner in the Persian Gulf War, but didn�t admit it until a year later, despite giving repeated interviews and testifying before a congressional panel.

During the time of her silence, the role of women in combat was heavily debated. By the time she confessed the depths of her torture, the Department of Defense had eliminated the �Risk Rule,� which held that women could not be placed in combat-support units that had �significant risk of capture.�

For Cornum�s part, she accepts the added element of risk facing women in combat as �just another bad thing that can happen to you.�

In an interview with the women�s news network, WeNews, Cornum downplayed her rape.

�While I was subjected to an unpleasant episode of sexual abuse during my captivity,� she said, �it did not represent a threat to life, limb or chance of being released, and therefore occupied a much lower level of concern than it might have under other circumstances.�

Cornum offers pre-deployment advice for female soldiers, recommending
birth-control methods such as the IUD or implants and suggests they be commenced before deployment �to avoid problems for monogamous women whose spouses might not understand the risk issue.�

Donnelly and other military advocates question the nonchalance afforded to the sexual assault of female soldiers.

�This is an opportunity to search our souls as a nation and determine whether we want this to continue,� she said. �And I think the policies need to be changed.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
�When we were told to lock and load, that�s when my weapon jammed,�

Women in combat. Brilliant. Deft.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Not to minimize this at all, but the camel scum rape the men too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shreck
Women in combat. Brilliant. Deft.

Right. There's no way a male POW could have been anally raped by Iraqis.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
[quote=shreck]
�When we were told to lock and load, that�s when my weapon jammed,�

Women in combat. Brilliant. Deft. [/quote
Right. There's no way a male POW could have been anally raped by Iraqis.

And she reports attempting to clear the jam how? And did she take up a weapon from a comrade? Praying on her knees.

Last edited by shreck; 11/11/13. Reason: added

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This news is 10 years old--November 2003 ??

Woman soldiers, it's a package deal and goes with the territory. Women better have the balls to deal with it if that's what they want.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And she reports attempting to clear the jam how? And did she take up a weapon from a comrade?

That was the first things I thought of too.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Woman soldiers, it's a package deal and goes with the territory. Women better have the balls to deal with it if that's what they want.

Yeah, but is that what they want? The politicians, MSM and the military spin it, leaving out the realities of combat in order to sell gender-equality to women and the public, when the truth of women in combat is far different than the spin. Give Lynch credit though, she could have ridden to glory the lie that she was spraying lead, fighting like a warrior right to the end, but she did not. The reality apparently is, her rifle jammed, there is no indication she even tried to clear it (I'll lay dollars to donuts, she didn't even know how), and she immediately goes to her knees praying. That is the reality of women in close quarters battle folks. They can't fight. And its not their fault. They simply don't have testosterone. Women have no place in combat. When the whole Lynch thing went down, is really pissed me off how the military lied about her emptying magazines on the enemy. That was a complete lie. The truth was, she all but curled up in the fetal position.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The truth was, she all but curled up in the fetal position.

Who would possibly know that, as she was taken prisoner?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Women in combat is pure unadulterated Marxism. Straight out of the playbook.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why are we re-hashing this?
Good on her for serving her country. It's to bad she was abused. It's bad when any POW gets abused. I'm glad she's honest. I'm mad our gov't d-bags are dishonest.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Women on the front line will make the enemy happy , something new to screw . Do you really want your daughter on the front line in a combat situlation ?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The truth was, she all but curled up in the fetal position.

Who would possibly know that, as she was taken prisoner?

She went to her knees praying. The point is the same: she didn't fight 'cause she didn't have the stomach for it.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BigNate
Why are we re-hashing this?
Good on her for serving her country. It's to bad she was abused. It's bad when any POW gets abused. I'm glad she's honest. I'm mad our gov't d-bags are dishonest.

I agree she is to be commended for her service and also her honesty. She is a victim of circumstances---and politics.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You are an ignorant kkunt. If they were captured, how the [bleep] do you know what went down? Did her ask her friends?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Piestewa

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You are an ignorant kkunt. If they were captured, how the [bleep] do you know what went down? Did her ask her friends?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Piestewa

No, go [bleep] yourself moron. Women can't fight. End of story. Yes, they can pilot a jet and pull a lanyard on a howitzer. But they aren't built for close quarters, infantry style combat. Its not my fault they don't have testosterone, you dick wad and its testosterone that makes all the difference. Don't believe me? Research it.

You have a daughter in the military? Is that your beef? Lay your cards on the table before you start talking schitt.

Jordan

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm sure your daughter is a fine soldier. Maybe even a great one. Probably better than her male peers in many, many areas. But, she can't fight like a man and all the wishful thinking in the world won't change that. Ever heard of Kara Hultgreen? Look 'er up.
In their haste to wish away gender differences, the military (and leftism) killed Kara Hultgreen (and nearly killed Jessica Lynch). But like the philosopher said, nature, expelled with a pitchfork, always returns.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/women-in-combat-lets-get-real/article7879189/

Last edited by RobJordan; 11/11/13.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You feel the need to run down female veterans with no facts; I feel the need to kick your nuts up in your throat. Hows that for philosophy? wink

MOLON LABE

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You feel the need to run down female veterans with no facts; I feel the need to kick your nuts up in your throat. Hows that for philosophy? wink

Your daughter is either in the service now or a veteran---which has apparently blinded you to what I wrote and what Lynch herself said. Re-read what I wrote. I did not run down a female veteran, let alone with no facts. Jessica Lynch herself admitted she became incompetent as a combat asset when her weapon jammed. She did not fire a round, did not try to clear her weapon and went to her knees praying. She was then beaten almost to death and raped and Sodomized. Those are facts. Don't shoot the messenger 'cause you don't like the message. Jessica Lynch is herself criticizing the military because they are not being truthful with female soldiers and are setting them up for a lot worse than mere failure. Its not the fault of weaker, smaller testosterone lacking soldiers (females). Its the fault of the military enslaved to a political agenda, the well-being of the Jessica Lynches of the world be damned.

Jordan

P.S. You wanna come kick my nuts down my throat? PM me for my address you loud-mouthed bully.

Last edited by RobJordan; 11/11/13.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Yeah, but is that what they want? The politicians, MSM and the military spin it, leaving out the realities of combat in order to sell gender-equality to women and the public, when the truth of women in combat is far different than the spin. Give Lynch credit though, she could have ridden to glory the lie that she was spraying lead, fighting like a warrior right to the end, but she did not. The reality apparently is, her rifle jammed, there is no indication she even tried to clear it (I'll lay dollars to donuts, she didn't even know how), and she immediately goes to her knees praying. That is the reality of women in close quarters battle folks. They can't fight. And its not their fault. They simply don't have testosterone. Women have no place in combat. When the whole Lynch thing went down, is really pissed me off how the military lied about her emptying magazines on the enemy. That was a complete lie. The truth was, she all but curled up in the fetal position.

Jordan

And they gave her a Bronze Star with a "V" device. Decoration sort of lost all meaning to me then.... Oh and spot on. We all knew shs had been gang-raped as was those other females during the first Gulf War which we tried to work into the calculus about the idiocy of females in the combat arms and this, along with pregnancies, exaggerated claims of sexual harrassment, lower physical standards, sex, etc were all swept under the table.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (22kHornet, 160user, 257man, 338rcm, 17CalFan, 338reddog, 42 invisible), 1,803 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,874
Posts18,478,834
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.