-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This guy was very fortunate but I bet he learned nothing. Could have easily had an eye or two poked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGQExgOxZMQ

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I bet he won't try that in a couple more years and get by with it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got out of a similar situation with a bull via palm shot to the eye ball.
He was smart not to escalate and shouldn't have tried getting more pics. He could of easily been gored.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He should be in the movies...
Dumb, Dumber, and Dumber than a box of rocks

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I kept wondering why the car with the girl leaning out of it just didn't ease closer and closer. I was astonished to learn there were elk in the Great Smoky Mountains.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The entire time I was thinking how tempting it would be to toss a 6" blade in the jugular.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Mickey, the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation helps states that once had a native elk population reintroduce them with the goal of establishing them and managing them for the long term. North Carolina was one of the first states in the program. Kentucky now has them in huntable numbers for a lucky few who are drawn in their annual lottery.

RMEF has recently been helping West Virgina reclaim coal mines for elk habitat to help boost the local economy by creating a tourist and hunting destination in otherwise unuseable land.

E.

NRA Benefactor Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MColeman
I kept wondering why the car with the girl leaning out of it just didn't ease closer and closer.

A shot of the guy getting impaled was more important than his safety I Would guess.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Too bad it wasn't a big bull bison. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've been there several times, got photos without getting gored. The story says Gatlnburg TN. The elk are in Catalochee valley in NC. A pretty good drive from Gatlinburg. I've seen lots of elk in the west during summer trips, but it was a thrill to finally hear them bugle. Anyone living in the SE should get up there in October to watch the rutting and hear the bugles.

Some photos.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MColeman
I kept wondering why the car with the girl leaning out of it just didn't ease closer and closer. I was astonished to learn there were elk in the Great Smoky Mountains.

I wondered the same thing but I am guilty of watching an idiot walk right up to a cow buffalo with her new born calf. I fully expected him to get gored and felt at the time that if he was stupid enough to do that then I would stay out of his life. For some reason, the cow ignored him and it turned out OK and I sure am glad of it.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As a followup - one of my hunting partners has a SIL who works for the Nat Park Svc in Smoky Mtn Nat Park where this happened. Because of all the idiots feeding it, it was getting dangerous and had to be put down. That's too bad but people just can't grasp the idea of wild animals outside of Disney.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (1minute, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 42 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,587
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.