Print Thread
Hop To
N
NMLady Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Ken just called and he is doing good, but he DID NOT get a bear. The "other" hunter shot the only one that they saw. He had a blast, so all is good. He wanted me to post an update. He should be back tomorrow afternoon, and online sometime after that.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thanks for the update! Glad he had phun!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Glad to hear he had s good time. Ive missed harrassing him

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glad to hear he had a good time.

Not getting a bear this time will only make it sweeter when he does get one.

The downside is, we will have to listen to him whimper over choice of rifle, caliber, bullet weight, etc., again. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

N
NMLady Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
He already started about the "next bear hunt" and "well talk about it when I get home". Thinking I need to find my ear plugs. smile

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad it was a good hunt! Hopefully he'll tag one the next go 'round.
Thanks for the update!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mayhem is best served by collaboration.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
hey, a day out hunting is worth 10 days sitting on the computer and BS ing on the campfire...even if you end up skunking...

myself, I am always happier if the other guys I hunt with had a good time... I'm lucky enough to think I have done okay in my hunting career...

good luck when your husband gets home, on finding those ear plugs... my wife borrows my shooting muffs...and says a lot of
yes dear, ummmmmhmmm, of that's nice hon...sounds like a good time and that you had funny honey... etc etc etc..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Will look forward to seeing alla' the pics !

Thanks for the update, Lady, and Safe Home, Ken !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by NMLady
He already started about the "next bear hunt" and "well talk about it when I get home". Thinking I need to find my ear plugs. smile

Just pick out the trip YOU want to go on next and start talking about it when he brings the subject up. Seems to work in my house. grin

We both win.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

N
NMLady Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Seafire

good luck when your husband gets home, on finding those ear plugs... my wife borrows my shooting muffs...and says a lot of
yes dear, ummmmmhmmm, of that's nice hon...sounds like a good time and that you had funny honey... etc etc etc..

I found mine..... my comments are usually MMMMM, what? huh? and my all time favorite, well duh!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I thought for sure he'd get a nice one. We couldn't keep them off us during the archery elk hunts. I'm going to be in there tomorrow trying to get another elk for a guy.

Kent

N
NMLady Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Just pick out the trip YOU want to go on next and start talking about it when he brings the subject up. Seems to work in my house. grin

I travel with the kids more for their activities. Is chaperoning teenagers a true vacation or a nightmare?

Plus now under the common core BS I have training that are mandatory. Its funny how its mandatory, but you don't get reimbursed for your travel, just a few cents pay raise once a year.

N
NMLady Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
uh oh.... Guess who is back!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just got a text from him, trying to gain sympathy, I guess. grin

Ed

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Glad to hear he had a good time.

Not getting a bear this time will only make it sweeter when he does get one.

The downside is, we will have to listen to him whimper over choice of rifle, caliber, bullet weight, etc., again. grin

Ed
A WHOLE YEAR OF IT! grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 26 invisible), 14,026 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,110
Posts18,542,067
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.