Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#82577 08/16/02
DFC Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sako sucks. Or would it be more accurate to say Beretta sucks. Or maybe just the Beretta people in the USA, or maybe its the home office in Italy. Anyway as the story goes.
<br>
<br>I just received my Sako 75 7MM STW from the Beretta USA Corp repair center. What a joke they turned out to be. It appears the rifle is over 1 year old and they won't warranty a factory screwup, they made when it was put together. Seems the stock was a little oversize in the action area allowing the barrel to move from side to side in the barrel channel. Needless to say the rifle won't shoot in the same place twice. The way the rifle is made, the action must be tight in the stock. The 75 has a flat bottom action and unlike the Remington that has a round bottom action will move around if the stock is not tight against the sides of the action. At this point it will have to be epoxy bedded or it will never shoot worth a hoot. I have 2 Sako 75's now and they will be replaced by the older Sako AV's, or Remingtons. After I sent this rifle to Sako, I looked at some of the used Sako's in the gun shops near me and found this problem is not just in my rifle.
<br>
<br>The price is $750.00 delivered to your FFL
<br>
<br>
<br>Dan
<br>

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dan, Believe it or not I am only doing this as a bit of a dig, but thought now that you had a rifle that SUCKS, you might try to remember what you said in a previous post. [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
<br>We actually are all on the same side, I have an old Sako Finnbear in 375H&H and never had a problem with it, plus an unfired Sako Classic in 30/06. Hope you can sell yours and get a better one. They are nice rifles.[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>"Looks like selling a SUCKS rifle sucks, in this environment anyway. If I wanted to sell a gun I would refrain from running the manufacturer down, just prior to posting it for sale. ROFLMAO"
<br>
<br>
<br>Dan

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DFC,
<br>
<br>Your honesty is to be commended!
<br>
<br>

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why don't you buy a nice stock for you rifle from Rick or bed the action so it won't move around in the stock ?
<br>
<br>Seems like a better solution than selling a rifle because of a problem that is easy to fix.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with you.Life is too short to dance with ugly women or put up with companies that won't back up their product.Getting rid of the rifle and telling folks how sorry they are is the only course open to us.If more folks put their money where their mouth is, a lot of the shoddy products and practices might go away.
<br>
<br>In a deal like yours one time I wrote the manufacturer and told them I resold their new product- a pickup - at something that more nearly reflected it's true worth.As far as I know the janitor read it and threw it away,but I felt better.
<br>
<br>Even though they are foreigners,I bet it's against the law to shoot them in this age of P.C.
<br>
<br>None of my business,but my 7 Ultra beats the same rifle when it was a 7 STW and it is faster and more accurate than a friend's 7 STW.Both have custom barrels by different makers so that may be the difference.
<br>
<br>Anyhow,good luck. Surely someone on here has need of a problem.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dan
<br> Yikes! I too appreciate you being upfront with the rifle being a problem. I usually trade my problem rifles in to a dealer who shafted me in a bad way some ago. Didn't know what else to do. Kinda tough to sell a lemon advertised as such. dempsey

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dan
<br> I will trade you my 8mm Rem Mag. It has about 200 rounds thru a 28 in. Pac-Nor tube. McMillan Stock. Rem 700 action. I will throw in the dies and approx. 40-60 pieces of new brass and various bulllets I have remaining. Initial loads for break in, Re 25 and Sierra 220's shoot very well as do Sierra 220's and H4831. Everything else I've tried is a ho-hum 1.5 inches. I'm starting to develop bad ju-ju with this rifle and it's soon to be out the door one way or another. What ya say we swap headaches. [Linked Image] dempsey

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Interesting. About 20 or more years ago Sako eliminated the good square shouldered recoil cross bolt and replaced it with one that was round all the way across the stock. That left the rifle's recoil lug only making contact on the bottom portion. I think that may have been the start of cheapening the formerly excellent Sako rifle. This year our local gun shop has had two of the current models brought back with the bolt handles separate from the bolt. They are kind of a skinny little handle to begin with but the smith who repaired them says the metal immediatley under the handle on the bolt proper is quite thin. He put them back on but was not very sure they would hold. Are we seeing another good rifle go the way of the bean counters?
<br>
<br>It is not unusual for factory rifles to not fit securely in their stocks. I'll venture the opinion that most of them don't and a good glass bedding job is the quickest way to solve that problem and improve accuracy at the same time. besto

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 63 invisible), 17,788 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,938
Posts18,539,266
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.