Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 220 of 229 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 228 229
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You ever want to come hunt them, you let me know. I am definitely open to trade hunts, as I want a black tail to my collection! Dont know if you hunt them there in Oregon or not though.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
yeah blacktail season is month of October and I live in the part of the state that is suppose to be some of the best, especially for large ones...

the numbers are way less than 20 yrs ago, courtesy of cougars... but should be a piece of cake if you are use to hunting the coues deer...

then on land around town, a lot of forest service land in between housing... plenty of well fed suburban deer as back up...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seafire, I refuse to shoot the BERGER 115s. Have you never had one go through the target sideways and bent like a banana at those velocities?

Last edited by EddyBo; 11/11/13. Reason: forgot to add berger
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've heard of .25 cal's and according to F&S,the 100NBT is a literal turd,on all facets. It's "weight" ain't it's undoing,though it's integrity assuredly is and it's aero form is no prize either.

Hell...I've even heard of guys stretchin' 25's well beyond distances thus far cited,but they's certainly of the Stunt Shooter ilk.(grin)

Yep. I've been seeing/hearing reports on that bullet's failings since damn near the year they hit the market. Didn't bother me none, I just kept killing whitetails with 'em year after year and so did one of my huntin' buds.

After a coupla dozen dead deer between us using that same recipe, several taken at over 400 yards, we figured we should've been buying lottery tickets, instead of shooting deer?

Coulda been millionaires by now, with dat much good luck.

smirk

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Seafire, I refuse to shoot the 115s. Have you never had one go through the target sideways and bent like a banana at those velocities?

not that I have seen Eddy...but I admit never looking for one either... and never had one go thru a target sideways....

guess the one in 7 twist is enough to prevent it, or I have just been lucky....

got a 31 inch 1.25 width barrel on a Mauser action, with a 1 in 7 twist also...chambered in 6 mm Rem.... never shot it tho, as I don't have a stock for it... had one from Richards, but was disappointed in it as they screwed up what I had ordered... so I gave it away on the campfire for free to some guy in Wisconsin... who never even thanked me...

but if the 115s are having issues with velocity at 24 inches, I wonder what another 7 inches would do to it....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1 in 7 would not stop it, it would exacerbate it. High velocity and fast twists can cause bullets to go poof. They go through the target like someone tossed a mini bananna though the target sideways. I have lost a few of the 115 bergers in matches. 10 points are hard to make up in F-class. Berger went to the thick jackets at some point, maybe those are the ones you are shooting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BTW Gee, look what you made me do.

[Linked Image]

I maybe messed up and used some burger with fat added. We got the fat added burger due to a processor mistake, we always get no fat added and I did not notice until it was thawed.

I just mixed in the dry seasoning and the cure before squirting it out of the jerky gun. I put it in the oven on a tray in a baking pan at 210 for 2 hours. Then I gave it a light coating with a honey soy glaze than put it in the dehydrator for 6 hours at 160. The instructions say it needs to be refrigerated. I might do a really big batch of this, the flavor is awesome. I am going to try some of the meat sticks next time.

I have not died yet, I hope that the instruction were correct smile

When I was dragging out the deerburger I found a pack of baby backs. The weather has been so nice here I fired up the BGE and grilled these up.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by EddyBo; 11/11/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Seafire] [Linked Image]

Is it just me, or is Stick levitating in this pic?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
that old blackbear must be really putting it to him....

good eye!

or do you think he is jumping up, just so he looks taller in the pic?

yeah, probably the latter...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Glad to hear that you are still among the land of the living.

That's a good thing.

I've only made jerky with whole muscle meat. I've not tried ground beef.

I'm pretty anal about two things when preparing jerky. First is removing all silverskin and fat. Second, is botulism. I make sure that I use enough "cure" and allow enough time for curing before I "dry".
Typically I use venison or antelope meat. From time to time I will buy beef tenderloins. Its amazing how much higher the fat content is in beef than game.

As you well know, fat goes rancid pretty quickly if it is not refrigerated.

I've been making jerky now for about 15 years. I'll make 3 or four batches a year. The batches are small, usually being around 8 to 10 lbs. wet. Our white-tail deer are not large. Two boned out hinds usually net 8 to 10 lbs.

This last batch, the two beef tenderloins were approx. six pounds each. I ended up with 86 ounces of jerky.

So far no one has gotten sick or had a problem from eating the jerky I make. Everyone always seems to want more.

Best,

GWB

PS: I gave away 10 three ounce bags today during my meanderings. It's amazing how easy it is to get rid of.

Last edited by geedubya; 11/12/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean

Photoshop .... Makes him appear to be taller. grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Higbean
[quote=Seafire] [Linked Image]

I always knew he was light in the loafers!

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
[Linked Image]

gee Schmuck...

the way that bear has you mounted, and his tongue in your ear, and the smile on your face, one would almost think that bear is humping you up your keester....

guess that is why you seem to love mother nature and the outdoors so much.... and accuse all of your critics as 'doNuthin dumbphucks...blahblahblah...etc etc etc"

that pic tells me that evidently you love to receive as well as give...

talk about a PETA Poster Boy.....

your mama would be proud!

no wonder you moved to Alaska... the bears must be hornier up there than back home in Coos County...

Boxer: Good pics and you are right on line with your choices of cals....you forgot the 6.5s though in the pictorial...that's OK

You really need to embrace moly coating for your LR pursuits... if you really want to compete...but be sure to consult Varmint Al as corrosion in your neck of the woods is sure to be of concern...not seen it in several of my own barrels, but F&S has convinced me convinced me to give it up because it has no benefits...and it's really hard to clean up. It would be really great though for a 10 shot and clean regime?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm takin' notes.

Here's how to get Whining Do Nothing Day Dreaming Kcunts...to sing The Blues.

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mebbe a [bleep] Texan will feel compelled to regale me with another Bear Story?!?

Mebbe coues will get that "Hunt" with Shefire?!?

Mebbe Shefire will quit craving cock?!?

Mebbe 'Cub will get off her kcunt once this year?!?

Mebbe Brinky will be the first Do Nothing Kcunt to Whine herself happy?!?

Laffin'!

One thing is for certain in these parts...them who do the least,Whine the most and when it's all said and done,there's going to be a [bleep] lot more said,than done.

BEST Thread Evah!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer
I'm takin' notes.

Here's how to get Whining Do Nothing Day Dreaming Kcunts...to sing The Blues.

Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Mebbe a [bleep] Texan will feel compelled to regale me with another Bear Story?!?

Since we're showin' pix of dinks.........

[Linked Image]

my son's dink from a couple months ago........

and

my dink from last Saturday, first blood with the 257 AI on a small rooter (note the lack of snow and plastic) .....

[Linked Image]

four came in, three were black, this one was a Dalmation. Sometimes it don't pay to stand out in a crowd.

Deer weren't moving, and we only got three hogs betwen 8 guys, but we made the best of it...........

[Linked Image]

a 145 lb. dink of a sow made for some pretty good eatin!

[Linked Image]

a pot of my Texas Barking Spider Beans, Baby Back Ribs,

[Linked Image]

applewood smoked hindquarter off the sow pictured above.

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/food/IMG_0461_zps5f769bed.jpg[/img]

dutch oven blackberry cobler.......

petting zoo's and pretend

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0438_zps13731aff.jpg[/img]

and a city boy can survive.........

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 11/20/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Boxer
I'm takin' notes.

[Linked Image]

Larry,

love the "funky" rack, on this guy.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gee,

looks like fun was had by all !

'ceptin the piggies !!

Can you send me one of them applewood smoked hinds ?

& a sample of the "barking spider" beans, please.

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gee Schmuck...

Congrats... Looks like the week's poaching expedition was real productive...

although I see ya must have been lonely... Like Slavey, you're busy having homo fantasies about me... again...

try as you may, I'm not interested in being one of your manHarem Groupies.... or fulfilling your dreams of hoping I'll start a manHarem and allow you to be member number 1....

but I can't blame a lonely baldheaded little Schmuck from having dreams....

did you 'mount' any of those bucks before you field dressed them? that would impress Slavey if ya did... he likes that sort of schitt...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wrong again.
But who is surprised. Laffin.
What I "like" is laffin' at a 55 gallon drum of stupid.
(That would be you and I point this out for you because of your stupidity.)
Keep traveling the country, you Non-Transplant Oregonian,
you are a riot to watch and we all enjoy the comedy, as you
wonder aimlessly about trying to find two nickels to rub together and dream of things that could have been. Even BWT's are just a gleam.
Good Luck.

P.S. you'll need it.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gee Slavey....

sounds like someone pissed in your cornflakes this morning... but I know better... you'd probably like that.. but I won't tell anyone else...

I am sure the real problem is the old slant 6 in that 78 Dodge Van you bought off those two Mexicans, to live in, probably needs a valve job and isn't running to well....

so now you have trouble getting it back and forth from the boat ramp, where you spend the night.....

oh, and wrong there Gilligan... I am a transplant to Oregon...
actually I am from Virginia...

but congrats on leaving out your usual homofantasies.... so the new plan of attack is just to attack my 'intelligence'? know yourself out there Gilligan....as a guy who only has about 12 plus years of college level education and a couple of degrees under my belt... I know I can compete with a rocket science/brain surgeon like yourself, who is humbly working at a Truck Stop in Lewiston Idaho....

such is a my lot in life.... that is why you are my hero Gilligan... to accomplish all that you have in life, and yet be so humble you live in a 78 Dodge Van down by the Boat Ramp, and work at a truck stop.... you are just absolutely AAAAAMAZING!!!!!

No wonder Schmuck is so impressed with you... you intellectual stud muffin you...you Go Girl!

Page 220 of 229 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (160user, 35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,425
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.