Hop To
Page 223 of 229 1 2 221 222 223 224 225 228 229
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer

I find myself enjoying the Texas Version of pictures the best...for reasons fully oblivious to Texans.(grin)

Bee,

Sounds like we're on the same page,

but first, a brief musical interlude............

and just fer you, a few pix from last weekend at the "petting zoo"

Went way toward the back, (almost to a fence) was packing light and sitting in a tripod, so I didn't have my good camera. Was slumming an SX260 point and shoot, but you get the picutre(s)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

was a magnificent eve with the full moon rising in the east, and........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/Sunsets/IMG_0061_zps206080b7.jpg[/img]

the sun goin' down in a blaze of glory in the west.

Even got to poke a small rooter with the 257 AI

[[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_0067_zpsca3c5cfd.jpg[/img]

Life is good in Texas

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Thanks Seafire,the best part was watching/listening to them find/chase the bear,THAT WAS GREAT! Cassie found the scent and chased the bear down the hill,across the road,up the other side to where she treed the bear. She chased it for 3 miles!

10/4 on that. The guys I hunted with had gps collars on the dogs.

[Linked Image]

The two guides I was with were employed by the State of New Mexico as government trappers. They made extra money by guiding on bear hunts with hounds. They could tell by the way their dogs barked and ran what was going on a would paint a word picture. I had a ball talking reloading, varminting, trapping, calling and hunting during the three days we rode up and down through the Lincoln National Forest.

You could not hunt in the AM until shooting light at a given time. The guide knew to the minute what was legal. We'd run the forest roads in his truck. When the dogs caught a true scent they would go bat-[bleep] crazy baying and barking. We would get out of the truck to see where the bear crossed the road. If we saw a track they would let the dogs out. First morning just before legal shooting time they got a good scent. The guides put on the collars and when it was time let about 8 dogs out. They, and we chased that bear for a couple hours up and down and around two different mountains.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The guides surmised that this one was a particularly bad bear, as they had chased it for a couple years, He evidently was big enough and smart enough not to tree. He would run a ways till he got winded, then back up against a boulder or big pine and swat the dogs until he regained his wind. The dogs would be going full tilt and he would be resting. Then he would take off and run again. He never treed and finally wore out the dogs. The guide said that they would probably have to get several guys on horseback and three or four teams of dogs together before they could get this one. We hit is track again on the third day of the hunt with the same results.

Great hunt, great food, wall tents on the side of a mountain, wind through the pines and the smell of a campfire. Luv it.

Best,

GWB

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Seafire
I gotta admit EH/NM, I'd love to have witnessed that....

3 miles and then treed the bear...

that's way cool...
Seafire,the day before his 3 other dogs chased a bear for just over 5.5 miles! It took us an hour to find and put them in the truck. They never treed or bayed that bear,the guide said it had "nike shoes on" and after that we referred to the bear as Nike. smile

Geedub,my guide had gps on the dogs also,and it was pretty much the same deal,leave at daylight,get to the area,the let the dogs smell the bear. The one that out ran the dogs,we found fresh tracks next to a water puddle,then let the dogs out and THE RACE WAS ON! The one my partner killed,crossed the road,the dogs smelled it,then we got out and looked for tracks,found a hind foot print and again THE RACE WAS ON!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Glenn and EH,

thanks for both of your posts this morning.... this is really cool stuff... any bear I've taken has been a target of opportunity that showed up while out deer hunting...

even tho deer and Elk tags seem to keep going up in price, a bear and cougar tag are only an extra $10 or $11 each, so many of we hunters in Oregon pick one up also....

would be fun to go on a genuine bear only hunt, along with dogs...

the liberals here managed to get hunting either bears or cougars with dogs banned before I moved here to Oregon back in 95....

great posts, really enjoyed from both of you....thanks again for posting...

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
You're welcome Seafire,my pleasure sharing it with everyone here. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'hunternm,

VERY much enjoyed the 5 Gallon Bucket Ranch,that the dogs "live" in. Pathetically hilarious schit!

Cain't decide which is funnier,that...or your version of a "Bear". What's a Big Tree Bear like that score? Use as much Imagination and Pretend,as you deem requisite. Did he have it tanned to make a pair of house slippers,or to reupholster the toilet seat?!? Laffin'!

Laffin'!

Shefire,

What excuse(s) are looking to use this weekend?!?

As per always,GREAT time to hang a pic of your crossed-eyes,drooling yap and "hard charging" ways...so as to really drive your version of "results","experience" and "knowledge" home.

How many years did it take you to learn the alphabet and to tie your shoes? Laffin'!

You're doing "great".

BEST Thread Evah!

Gee,

Those pics really are sumptin'. Laffin'!

The Texas Version of everything is a [bleep] riot. Now to be clear,were you bitching or bragging? Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

You poor,poor clueless kchunts.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
This morning.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Elkhunternm,

what is that white stuff the kids are standing on/in.

Good looking kids and pooch.

Happy and excited. No thousand yard stare.........

Happy thanksgiving to all ya'll.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 11/24/13.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
GeeDub,do believe that's called "snow" have seen it a time or two in my lifetime. laugh

They enjoy the snow,whenever we get some here.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family,GeeDubya. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Boxer
'hunternm,

VERY much enjoyed the 5 Gallon Bucket Ranch,that the dogs "live" in. Pathetically hilarious schit!

Cain't decide which is funnier,that...or your version of a "Bear". What's a Big Tree Bear like that score? Use as much Imagination and Pretend,as you deem requisite. Did he have it tanned to make a pair of house slippers,or to reupholster the toilet seat?!? Laffin'!

Laffin'!

Shefire,

What excuse(s) are looking to use this weekend?!?

As per always,GREAT time to hang a pic of your crossed-eyes,drooling yap and "hard charging" ways...so as to really drive your version of "results","experience" and "knowledge" home.

How many years did it take you to learn the alphabet and to tie your shoes? Laffin'!

You're doing "great".

BEST Thread Evah!

Gee,

Those pics really are sumptin'. Laffin'!

The Texas Version of everything is a [bleep] riot. Now to be clear,were you bitching or bragging? Laffin'!

Bless your heart.

You poor,poor clueless kchunts.

good morning Schmuck! How's life in the trailer park and outhouse treatin ya this morning...

see you're up early to do all of those house cleaning duties the little woman expects you to do today...

less gibberish in your post indicates that you were not quite as schittface as usual... AA must be workin some for ya...Glad to hear it... remember the longest journey still starts with the first step...the road to recovery starts by realizing how f'ked up you and your life are...

all though I'm not from Texas, I though I'd borrow this, because I am sure it is my buddy's G'Dubs feeling about you braggin about Alaska and raggin on Texas.... so this song is dedicated to YOU... with our compliments:

So after you get the kitchen cleaned up and the dishes washed so the Mrs doesn't kick your ass, have a great day out there try to poach a few deer or bears off the State of Alaska.....

We all look forward to your next installment of stupid schitt, trying to make up and deter attention away from those pesky house husband duties, while the wife goes out and does her bit to support the family when her drunk irresponsible HoneyBunny stays on the internet in hopes of trying to impress somebody...

anybody....

it isn't easy being you, is it? Its a tough job, but someone has to do it...

now I let you get back to the dishes and running the vacuum cleaner....you studmuffin you...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We all look forward to your next installment of stupid schitt.....

Ain't that ironic. We look forward equally to your snappy rejoinders.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
seriously, glad to help out Phil...

put it on your calendar...

I'll be there...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
we know. you can't help yourself......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
hey I don't hassle Schmuck for a few days, and he is whining about where I have gotten off to...

Schmuck misses me.. he's addicted.....

he likes getting slapped around...and belittled...

makes him feel important, even tho he really isn't...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You accuse him of abusing his kids and dog lately?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Seafairy, you are a weirdly queer schmuck...and post pictures of just one of your bear kills.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
seems like you posted today without being 3 sheets to the wind.... AA finally working for ya?

....... or not!

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
You accuse him of abusing his kids and dog lately?

Rauncho!!!
Slow day on the freak Show?

Snowbound in your double wide?

to answer your question, no I haven't...

but I did notice YOU brought up the subject....

does this mean your application to the manHarem got approved?

Congrats are in order Sparky....

I know you've been waiting a LONG TIME for approval....

sit back, put your feet up and enjoy a glass of grape Kool Aid...

you've earned it!

as that old commercial use to say "You've come a long way Baby!!"

enjoy your ascension to your success...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TXNative
Seafairy, you are a weirdly queer schmuck...and post pictures of just one of your bear kills.

a quick analysis of your post history, shows an overwhelming pattern, of you following Schmuck around like a lost puppy...

and how much of your limited time here you love to spend barking at me like a poodle defending momma's little white Honda from the inside at the mall parking lot....

you post your last bear, then I might consider you worthy of seeing my last kill....

despite your best efforts, you haven't even been officially accepted into the manHarem yet.... so, so far I am being generous to give you the time of day....

so enjoy it there Tx Nativity.....

at least Rauncho Wako has proved his worthlessness...
you're still working on it..

Page 223 of 229 1 2 221 222 223 224 225 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 54 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.