Campfire Outfitter
F
Popeye's.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'll be at work tomorrow so we won't be partaking.
I bought one of the Oil-less fryers this summer. We LOVE it. Wife and I rodeo a lot during the summer and usually do one big meal every weekend. The oil-less is so much less of a hassle. (I hated having a boiling vat of oil around with 5 horses, 2 cattle dogs, friends, and random people who "want to see the horses") The birds are every bit as good as oil fried. We have also done pork loins, beef tenderloins, deer hind quarters, burgers, wings, various sausages on the racks my buddy fabbed up for me. Can cook 10 pounds of baked taters darn quick too.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
We're doing a Cajin rub this year. Roasted on a bed of mirepoix, stuffed with apples, jalape�os, garlic, etc. tie it up and roast.

We also like Deep Fried, just doing it different this year.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Injected with butter and liberal amounts of Tonys, then covered in a paste of mustard, Tonys, and Louisiana hit sauce. Deep fried.

I've been doing this for about 7 years and have developed a small neighborhood fan club. I'm doing 2 this year for me and 8 contracted out. I enjoy doing it. And all I charge is 2 gallons of oil for each bird so I have enough fresh oil left over to fry my fish throughout the year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We remove the wings and legs, then bone out the breasts leaving them connected via the skin. Inside of each breast is seasoned with Lawry's seasoned salt, pepper,garlic, and butter pats.

Breasts are made into a roll covered by skin and tied with butcher string.

Breast roll is placed on the grill and cooked for 3-4hours, basting after each turn
with an oil, butter, beer mix. Red oak is the wood used.

Wings, thighs, and drumsticks are put on the grill about an hour before the breasts are done.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Interesting. ..could you share some pictures of this?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't have any pics currently but will take some the next time that we do this.

It is easier to do than I described, pictures will be better than more words!

Happy Thanksgiving and God's grace to everyone.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84

How do you do your bird?
Any day other than Thanksgiving, it's on the grill's rotisserie, indirect fire at 310-320 degrees.

Thanksgiving this year I got to try out the "Perfect Turkey" setting on the Electrolux range. And it did come out as close to perfect as is possible in an oven.. Breast-side down on a large V-rack in a non-stick roasting pan. Stuffed, salt/peppered all around and gravy made from the drippings.

The probe from the oven reads the temp there - once it hits 180 degrees (at the thigh) it shuts the oven down to 'warming' all on it's own.. Pretty sweet..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Brined , roasted in the oven.
This year I added a couple lemon halves between the skin and breast meat .
If I try that again I'll make a foil bikini top to keep the skin from getting over tanned .

The wife and our moms got a good laugh out of it though ....

[Linked Image]

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I prefer my Turkey chilled. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yesterday. "What time are we supposed to be at your sisters?"
"Ok."

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I buy my turkeys in Maine. They are cheaper and come with those little plastic pop-up deals that tell you when it's done. I don't leave them in a moment longer when that thing pops. Leave the bird stand for a couple hrs before carving. They are always perfect.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (batch, BB3, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 13 invisible), 1,519 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,055
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.