-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My wife has a friend who is engaged to someone in prison. She "met" the person on the Internet and their relationship progressed to the point that they professed undying love for each other. That woman who is also engaged to a convict. I have a hard time understanding why someone would want do that. Anyone hear of this and understand why?

Kevin Haile
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck finding someone who understands women. Any of them. All I can figure is there are dumb ass women just like there are dumb ass men.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Here's an example of a gal making smart decisions about men in or headed to prison

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2013/10/carmen_fischer_phoenix_attorne.php

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
really stupid lonely women seeking drama

these things never end well

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Apparently the terminally stupid are looking for love too.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know three guys serving XX-to-life terms who got married while they were in prison--a prison that does not allow conjugal visits. One of the women I've never seen, one I met briefly when her then-fiance introduced her to me, and one I kind of know from being involved for years in the same volunteer program.

Can't speak for the one I've never seen. The one I met was a pretty young girl--mid-twenties, maybe--who was not obviously pathological in any way that I could discover in two or three minutes. The one I kind of know is a bit weird, but seems happy with her choice.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No doubt there are many women that make very poor decisions and some pay for it with their lives.

Question I have is WTF are we paying for a prisoner to have access to the internet?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It does seem that many females have some sort of gene that causes them to want to do whatever is necessary to rip the hearts out of those who care about them.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
..........are idiots that need to be slapped and sterilized.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Are dumbaz'z's like a chitpile of men.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
really stupid lonely women seeking drama

these things never end well

Pretty much sums it up

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I worked in Corrections in three different prisons in two states, Washington and Alaska. Neither allowed internet access to inmates. I can't speak for other states. My last job in corrections was as shift supervisor of a 500 bed medium and minimum custody facility.

In 14 years in the profession I never could figure it out. Beautiful young women, mothers with children, older women, it didn't seem to matter. I've seen them all attach themselves to these guys. And some of them the absolute worst society has to offer. Always broke my heart to see women throw away their lives and even expose their children to these men. I've listened to the phone calls and read the correspondence. Most of them are being manipulated to bring in contraband, put money on their books, often to the detriment of the woman's children, and some are even prostituted to pay of debt the inmate has on the outside. They are very often used as mules to move drugs into prisons, often under threat of harm.

Some get caught up in the excitement of the game and having a "bad" boy for a boyfriend. Others are trapped because of their own addictions. Most have almost no self esteem. I would warn young women that those sexy pictures they send in to their "man" are being rented out for candy bars and tobacco to the most filthy of perverts for their own "inspiration". That includes those seemingly innocent pictures of the baby crawling around in their diaper. The guy receiving those pictures doesn't care about the kid. If he did he would be a man and be on the outside taking care of his responsibilities. All he cares about is how much he can rent those pictures out for to the pervert in the next cell.

These men are selfish cowards. One has to be extremely selfish to engage in behavior that they know carries the probability of prison time. The women who stay with or chose to involve them with these types of men are truly some of the most dysfunctional women in society.

I cannot begin to describe how glad I am to be out of that field.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That is a good summation Mart.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thank you.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Question I have is WTF are we paying for a prisoner to have access to the internet?

The closest thing I've ever seen any prisoner have to "access to the Internet" is this. And don't worry, you're not paying for it.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
ugh, this hits close to home. My mother in law professed her love for a man that is doing two life sentences for murdering his parents. He is 30 years younger than she is. It is really hard on her kids to hear this schit, but none of them will even bring it up! Woman that latch onto these guys obviously have severe mental problems.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Many women really believe they can reform a bad man because he loves them. Many women seem to fall under the spell charismatic man and believe the con.

Unfortunately, many a man has fallen under the spell of a hottie and believe her con as well.

I guess it's human nature.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The women I've seen marrying prison men were so f*cking ugly they belong in a fair freak show. Give'em some credit though, if your butt ass ugly and can't find a man to give you attention, where do you go besides 24hr forum? .... Prison.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 805, 338reddog, 45_100, 22 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,927
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.