Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I got back into hunting this year after 30 years off because I like venison, and went from Maryland back to my home state of Pa. 7:15 AM opening day a blind pig finds an acorn and with a neck shot I take an 8 point whitetail with 19" spread at 60 yards, then drag him two miles mostly uphill out of the woods.

I take the deer to a local place up there called Hillbilly Guns and Deer Pross, and a little nervous guy looking like Festus on Gunsmoke takes the deer in. A day later after I've traveled back to Maryland, my 21 yo nephew picks up the meat--30 pounds back on a 160 pound dressed weight deer. Call the guy and ask him how that happened. Hangs up. Call him back and say we we were cut off. Says Yeeeeee Gooodbyyye and and hangs up.

Lesson: there's one born every minute. This time it was me. I hope he enjoys those backstraps.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'd hope he choked on them

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
congrats on the deer, and sorry to hear you got scammed. I hear this is not uncommon. Dont let it go there. If you are certain the meat was kept, and he is definitely ducking you, you can Eff with him. Simply tell him a refund mailed to you will bring an end to it.

"Taking it" tacitly condones it.

Let your imagination run a little.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There's a reason I process ALL my game meat.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep, same here. Had a friend that worked at a game processor years ago. He showed up at the house one day with a 68 qt cooler FULL of nothing but elk backstraps�.Sure..you get all your own meat back�.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Your second post is calling some one out by name, maybe your nephew is enjoying your chops. Who knows?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buy a couple of Forschners and a grinder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimy
Your second post is calling some one out by name, maybe your nephew is enjoying your chops. Who knows?
Not likely when the guy is hanging up on him.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It's not to hard to learn to butcher your own. A good grinder will cost a few hundred and pay for itself quickly. Talk your family and friends into helping, and everything goes quickly. My friends and I butchered three cow elks in in three hour. Throw in a few brewskies an you got yourself a party.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I don't know about PA state law, but in Colorado game processors are licensed by the state. I had a similar problem with a game processor here. I made one phone call to the director of the Division of Wildlife and the problem was fixed right away. I never used that game processor again. They are out of business now. grin

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Did they bone it out or are the bones still in the meat? I know that if an elk is boned out when you process it, you can get it into a couple of medium cardboard boxes,if you don't make any sausage.

Last edited by Porkypine; 12/04/13.

I am not ppine, please don't confuse me with him....
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Me too, now.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by achadwick
I don't know about PA state law, but in Colorado game processors are licensed by the state. I had a similar problem with a game processor here. I made one phone call to the director of the Division of Wildlife and the problem was fixed right away. I never used that game processor again. They are out of business now. grin

If that don't work, look for these guys in Philly!
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NO8zb5DG_gM[/video]

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Steelhead
There's a reason I process ALL my game meat.

Oh, You want to get YOUR game meat? smile

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Laffin! Or a could call my cousin Vinny. He's not a happy man. The game processor in PA would not like him.

d.v.

Musings on TDS

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (1OntarioJim, 320090T, 6mmCreedmoor, AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 15 invisible), 1,040 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,137
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.