Hop To
#8324987 12/06/13
Q
Qtip Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Q
Maybe I am; but with this passing of Nelson Mandela I find what seems to be an awful lot of honor piled upon a man who did some very dishonorable things in his past. And was a member of what Reagan and Thatcher referred to as a terrorist group...the ANC.
In all the accolades that I have read about him as to his being a peace maker and uniter I read nothing about a relationship with God or belief in Christ. Yes, he did not lash in revenge against his former enemies and he brought his country together but not one word of his belief in God. Even some in Christian circles are praising him. And this has nothing to do with his race either as I am not prejudice. It just strikes me as rather odd.
What good does all the "good" a person does if he does not believe and follow Christ?
Maybe it's just me as I am not into "hero worship" as so many in our culture are. And then again maybe I am wrong about the way I feel and need to examine myself.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't think you are wrong.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
History has a way of softening the evil that men do, and if you ever want to see a villain become a saint, attend his funeral. They always say nice things about the biggest idiots after they are dead. shocked

I told my wife to get a preacher to tell the truth about me at my funeral. laugh

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Q
Qtip Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Q
At my funeral I want it told that I was just a sinner saved by His Grace and that I was not a good man. There are none "good".

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Before my 1st wife died, she requested that we hold a communion service at her funeral to celebrate the Lord's sacrifice as she went to be with Him. We did and it was quite affective.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Qtip
At my funeral I want it told that I was just a sinner saved by His Grace and that I was not a good man. There are none "good".

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

That's about what I would expect. Preach Christ, and his sufficiency. Preach the cross, and the glory of it. Preach the resurrection and the birth of the new man. Kick the flesh life, and magnify the Christ life. Amen!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I once attended a burial service for a guy that claimed to be 100% atheist as was all his family. I couldn't understand why they had a funeral service in a church building and the strangest/funniest part was when the preacher started sending him to heaven. All his relatives began laughing and preacher didn't know what was so funny.

I doubt that he makes that mistake again.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Q
Qtip Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Q
I go on a Christian blog hosted by a well known person and they are discussing Mandela. You would think he was the Apostle Paul by their postings. I asked one question and made no comment because it may have started a real quarrel. I asked "Did he ever profess a faith in Christ?"

Did this man ever say he was sorry for all the things he did and applauded BEFORE he was sent to prison? I have read both sides of the coin so to speak and I do not put this man in a good light. Sorry, that's just my take.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yeah, Brother Ivan. It ain't the location you leave from (even a church building) it's the destination you chose while alive. After death comes, the destination is set. Thank God, I have chosen to place my faith and trust for all eternity in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. My destination is set because of HIM!

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Yeah, Brother Ivan. It ain't the location you leave from (even a church building) it's the destination you chose while alive. After death comes, the destination is set. Thank God, I have chosen to place my faith and trust for all eternity in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. My destination is set because of HIM!

AHMEN!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The blood stained hands of Nelson Mandela also reached out and took much support for his African National Congress (ANC), from god-less communists. His canonization would be more fitting, were he to be shot out of one.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,800
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.