#8322668 12/05/13
P
Phasmid Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Has anybody tried Haix boots? http://www.haix.com/us/products/hunting/
If so what did you think about them? Thanks in advance for any reviews.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear a pair at work (LEO), though have no experience with their outdoor products. They are based here in Lexington. They seem to be very well made, and they certainly seem to last better then the last couple of pairs of Danners I've worn out. They seem to me to be a much stiffer boot then your run of the mill Rocky, Danner, etc. They remind me a great deal of an older pair of Zamberland boots if that means anything to you. They don't fit me wonderfully, but we are pretty regulated on what we are allowed to wear and they were better then the others.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
+1 to the man from Kentucky.

Mine are snug in width just ahead of my heel, and I don't have wide feet. A little uncomfortable until I wore them a few times.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Forgot to mention on the first post that we have also experienced exceptional customer service from them. A bunch of guys bought them when they first opened up shop and all of them complained that the boots had an annoying sqeak to them, nothing functionally wrong they were just noisy. Haix took a couple of pairs and looked them over and decided that one of the pieces of leather in the insole was sewn upside down and immediately send an email to be distributed agency wide for anyone expereinceing the problem to come and get another pair. They insisted everyone keep their old pair and gave them a new pair of boots, not just the insoles. Made a lot of our guys really happy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I wear a pair at work (LEO), though have no experience with their outdoor products. They are based here in Lexington. They seem to be very well made, and they certainly seem to last better then the last couple of pairs of Danners I've worn out. They seem to me to be a much stiffer boot then your run of the mill Rocky, Danner, etc. They remind me a great deal of an older pair of Zamberland boots if that means anything to you. They don't fit me wonderfully, but we are pretty regulated on what we are allowed to wear and they were better then the others.

Haix is one of the brands that our stores bring in for uniform use. The tongue does not come out very far. For me, I cannot fit my foot into these boots as the opening is too small.

I received authorization to go to an outside vendor and picked up a pair of Magnums (by Hitech) very light and comfy.

Last edited by AB2506; 12/06/13.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There outdoor boots are nice. Well made and great customer service. I got started into them for their fire and law enforcement boots and started to like their outdoor boots. I like that if you send them back for about $100 and they will resole them for you so you don't have to keep buying boots.

P
Phasmid Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks for the information gentlemen. They sound like a good company and the boots should be worth a try.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They look nice, but it also looks like none of the hunting boots are insulated.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (35, 406_SBC, 1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 41rem, 16penny, 8 invisible), 1,651 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,109
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.