C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
You're not making a compelling argument for your case. That's a mere conclusion.

That wasn't an attempt at a compelling argument. That was a statement of fact.
It was a conclusion unsupported by evidence or argument.

It was a conclusion supported by your own statement.

You said Freemasons worship Satan.

You are wrong.

You either make that statement out of ignorance, or you are a liar.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It was a conclusion supported by your own statement.

You said Freemasons worship Satan.

You are wrong.

You either make that statement out of ignorance, or you are a liar.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
I make the statement from factual evidence, to include a historical condemnation of it by organized Christianity.

Who is The Great Architect of the Universe???

PS I'm open to the possibility that you might be ignorant of the foundations of an organization of which you are a member.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where the phuc is Dan Brown when we need him? wink

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Exactly. Every time someone says something about women Miss Lynn is right there to say 'Not all', which we in fact all know that already.

I don't dislike Tom because he's a 'Christian' or Kamo because he's Asian, I dislike them because they are [bleep]. Don't mean all Christians and Asians are [bleep].

When was Kamo an A-hole? And I think it is safe to say some here would talk about black pots and kettles, Steel. wink

Sure is irony in this post. laugh

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am a member. I have been a member for a dozen years. During that time I have never seen, heard or experienced any indication that there was worship of any kind taking place. It is a fraternity. Nothing more, nothing less.

As a result, I am neither concerned with, nor intrigued by, your "factual evidence".

Other objects of "historical condemnations" by organized Christianity include the tomato and the crossbow.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I am a member. I have been a member for a dozen years. During that time I have never seen, heard or experienced any indication that there was worship of any kind taking place. It is a fraternity. Nothing more, nothing less.

As a result, I am neither concerned with, nor intrigued by, your "factual evidence".

Other objects of "historical condemnations" by organized Christianity include the tomato and the crossbow.

Who is The Great Architect of the Universe? Has his true name been revealed to you yet, or do you need to rise more levels first?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
HERE is a link on a controversial report on Masons and the Southern Baptist Convention.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Freemasons are DEEPLY involved with "International Banking"

.....and ABHOR backyard Laying Hen ops.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Who is The Great Architect of the Universe? Has his true name been revealed to you yet, or do you need to rise more levels first?

I learned his name long before I was made a Mason. There is one Creator. One God. One Great Architect of the Universe. He is the Alpha and Omega.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cisco1
I will not be part of any organization ...that would have me.

Groucho Marx said something along the lines of "I don't care to belong to any club....that will have me as a member."

Funny stuff...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of the most honorable men I've ever known were Masons. Many also seemed to be devoutly religious other less so. I'm guessing if there was a conflict between their beliefs and Masonic service they wouldn't be there.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to suppress the urge to laugh at or bitch-slap those so-called Christian conspiracy theorists that consider Freemasonry demonic..........Of course most of them spew the same garbage about Mormons too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
It is parts of the bible that it is build up on. I am a member of the blue lodge for around 50 years. If you want to become a member jest ask a member. They should take it from there. YES we do good things we have some spline hospital burn and other like kids that need help with other things! WE do NOT have any thing to do with Satan it is all about GOD and his life.

Loves gun and reloading casting my own bullets
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I learned his name long before I was made a Mason. There is one Creator. One God. One Great Architect of the Universe. He is the Alpha and Omega.
That's not who they're talking about. They're referring to the sun god of the Assyrians, a "god" the Bible refers to as a devil. Keep rising, and they'll let you in on that secret.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Does Masonry conflict with Christianity in any way.?
Well, since they worship Satan, I'd say so, yes.

There's a lodge just few blocks from my home, and I pass it on my daily walks.

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan�
It isn�t so much that some are so ignorant. It�s just that they know so many things that aren�t so�

I had to wade though a lot of really stupid stuff to get to what the Masons really believe and in their own words:
www.masonicinfo.com/gaotu.htm‎
GAOTU
Those who oppose Freemasonry will claim that Masons worship a 'false God' whom they claim is GAOTU - the "Grand Architect of the Universe" (in some jurisdictions referred to as the "Great Architect of the Universe").
Nothing could be further from the truth!

Let us be quite clear: Freemasonry does NOT have a "god" of any kind. Freemasons however do profess a belief in a Supreme Being.

Perhaps we should repeat:
The organization - FREEMASONRY - has no "god", no religion, no theology, no dogma, no creed....
Freemasonry's members - FREEMASONS - upon petitioning for membership are required to profess a belief in a Supreme Being. They are not required or requested to elaborate any further on their beliefs except to make a positive affirmation that they have such a belief.

The term "Great Architect of the Universe" (or "Grand Architect of the Universe") is used to permit a more generic worship to the Supreme Being of all present. All Masons understand this concept and when prayers are offered in their lodge, they understand that regardless of the person speaking the words or the manner of prayer of others present, the prayer is addressed to their Supreme Being.

To argue that Masons have a 'god' with the name GAOTU would be similar to arguing that a church where a prayer is addressed to "Most Holy and Glorious Lord God" had a false God with the name MHAGLG or when a prayer is offered in the name of 'Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ' that those worshipping there were praying to OLSJC.... It's bizarre in the extreme.

The question is often raised: to whom do Masons pray?
The answer is, quite simply, "To God".
Argumentatively, some will then respond, "Which God?" at which point we must wonder how many Gods THEY believe there are. From the perspective of Masons, there is one Supreme Being and that is to whom we pray.

It really is SO simple....

The term first appeared in Masonic usage in 1723 in a book called Anderson's Constitutions which was, ostensibly, a listing of the rules by which the Grand Lodge of England were governed. It seems that the phrase was probably taken from John Calvin whose teachings formed the basis for Presbyterian and Reformed theology as Anderson was a Presbyterian Minister.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Figures you'd be one, Bowsie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BenMichel
It is parts of the bible that it is build up on. I am a member of the blue lodge for around 50 years. If you want to become a member jest ask a member. They should take it from there. YES we do good things we have some spline hospital burn and other like kids that need help with other things! WE do NOT have any thing to do with Satan it is all about GOD and his life.

Thank you Ben for being brave enough to make your first comment on this thread. We appreciate input from folks who have real world experience. Welcome to the Fire. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

From Wikipedia..."Shriners Hospitals for Children is a network of 22 non-profit hospitals across North America. Children with orthopedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate are eligible for care and receive all services in a family-centered environment, regardless of the patients� ability to pay."

They sure do a lot of good work to be so bad...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antlers

From Wikipedia..."Shriners Hospitals for Children is a network of 22 non-profit hospitals across North America. Children with orthopedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate are eligible for care and receive all services in a family-centered environment, regardless of the patients� ability to pay."

They sure do a lot of good work to be so bad...!
Why do you need to participate in the occult to do good works? Can't you find Christian organizations that do good works?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That's not who they're talking about. They're referring to the sun god of the Assyrians, a "god" the Bible refers to as a devil. Keep rising, and they'll let you in on that secret.

How far did you have to go before they let you in on that? I am only a 32 degree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Let us be quite clear: Freemasonry does NOT have a "god" of any kind. Freemasons however do profess a belief in a Supreme Being.

Kinda like the Boy Scouts??

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 11 of 67 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,102
Posts18,522,368
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.