Secret handshakes
Secret meetings
Symbols
Rituals
Aprons/costumes
Different levels of members
Their buildings called "temples"

Yep, nothing weird about that. (grin)

Sounds like a lot of PD's I've been in......

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by BarryC
So what is it now?
Theory has it that, upon the condemnation of the Nights Templar, Freemasonry was established as its secretive continuation. Thus "Nights Templar" being a sort of rank or level designation within it.

I thought it was "Knights" Templar? grin
No, they only operated at night due to a skin condition making them sensitive to sunlight. Adding a k in front is a modern alteration designed to disguise the vampiric nature of the historic Nights Templar. Look it up.

laugh laugh laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The seething hate that is clear in your posts must have come from a azz [bleep] that you secretly enjoyed from a Catholic priest. WOW , do you hate Catholics.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by birddog65
The seething hate that is clear in your posts must have come from a azz [bleep] that you secretly enjoyed from a Catholic priest. WOW , do you hate Catholics.

I highly dislike their ceremonies. i had to suffer through my brother's catholic wedding with a hang over from hell. Geezus, how many damned times do they have to wash them dishes, and the up and down, up and down. Nuts. Then they got upset when they was passing grape juice as wine and I pulled the flask from my coat pocket and said no thanks Padre I brought my own

Last edited by gitem_12; 12/09/13.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gotta have good knees to be a Catholic. :-)

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Especially if you are an alter boy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I highly dislike their ceremonies. i had to suffer through my brother's catholic wedding with a hang over from hell. Geezus, how many damned times do they have to wash them dishes, and the up and down, up and down. Nuts. Then they got upset when they was passing grape juice as wine and I pulled the flask from my coat pocket and said no thanks Padre I brought my own
Ever been to a Catholic funeral,pretty much the same. Good excercise though. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't know what to say ...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Ha! Threw that softball out there and ya hit it hard! Knew I liked you!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I figured all that kneeling was practice for something

I juat couldn't get over the number of times the preacher washed the dishes up there on stage.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am a catholic and was an Alter Boy. I do have hardened knees. I also think the last couple post were very funny! I can give and take a good joke. But that JSTUART has a problem. Mention the word "Catholic" and he looses his freaking mind! Rock SPIDERS! Theifs, CrookS ,MURDERERS!! ROBBERS !!! THEY ARE ALL PEDOPHILES!!! (Picture man in straight jacket saying all those things repeatedly ) I mean take a chill pill on the Catholic /Christian bashing. How do you get 20 Catholic priests in a VW????

Throw an Alter Boy in there first!!

Last edited by birddog65; 12/09/13.

If you really like something,you better buy two!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn
[Linked Image]

Former Scout/Sniper friend of mine has this or something very, very similar on his forearm..

Due to interservice rivalry I harrass him at every turn but he's a good guy!

Cool pic

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Actually dim-wit, I don't as I am a mick myself, I was married in a mick church and my Daughter was baptised in a mick church, I take the position for two reasons.
The mick hierarchy really has been crooked for far too long.
Turkey face has been pointing the finger at the Mason's and ignoring those that have done worse.
There are an awful lot of good Christian people serving in the Catholic church, there are an awful lot of good Christian people that worship at the Catholic church, there have been and are an awful lot of foul fell creatures that have been allowed to flourish there as well.

And please do not visit your homo fantasies on to me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by brinky72
Just not my thing though try as they might to get me to join.

LOL, which one is trying to get you to join?

LOL

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The ceremonies are regimented and do appear to be by rote rather than felt and expressed from the soul, but are far better than when they used Latin and had their back to the congregation.
The failing is that they do not involve the parishioners/audience and seem to think mass is a penance rather than a celebration.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am a catholic and was an Alter Boy. I do have hardened knees. I also think the last couple post were very funny! I can give and take a good joke. But that JSTUART has a problem. Mention the word "Catholic" and he looses his freaking mind! Rock SPIDERS! Theifs, CrookS ,MURDERERS!! ROBBERS !!! THEY ARE ALL PEDOPHILES!!! (Picture man in straight jacket saying all those things repeatedly ) I mean take a chill pill on the Catholic /Christian bashing. How do you get 20 Catholic priests in a VW????

Throw an Alter Boy in there first!!

The mere fact that Catholics do not get indignant and outraged at the shenanigans from the denizens of the church is the single factor that has allowed it to continue.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Jstuart he was speaking in Latin too. The whole wedding lasted like 3 hours.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Bride's dad definitely got his moneys worth, and managed to punish everyone at the same time.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Bride's dad definitely got his moneys worth, and managed to punish everyone at the same time.

Joke is on him, cause the people in the audience wasn't the only person getting punished that night

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Could be right, unless the bride went to a catholic girls school in which case the groom would have got an education.

Page 31 of 67 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (219DW, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 53 invisible), 1,706 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,613
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.