Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Swede96 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey Folks: Anyone have any experience with these new rifles? Are the actions really the same as the originals but with better steel and heat treating? Is the extractor a spring steel unit or cast like the Classic Winchesters? How is the barrel quality? Accuracy? They look very interesting for the price. Not worried about the finish too much as they can't really be expected to put a real nice blue job on at that price. I'm also assuming that the tupperware stock is junk, But can it be bedded and free floated to be usable? Looking for some first hand experience here. Thanks, Swede96.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Swede96,
<br>
<br>I bought one (1) gun from EAA, a Russian combination gun in 12 gauge over 6.5x55. What a POS! It doesn't group in 6.5x55, it patterns. I called the "gunsmith" at EAA for help. He suggested that I either had a "bad" scope, loose screws, or I was just a poor shot! The scope was a Weaver, the screws were tight, and although I'm not Harvey Donaldson, I can usually make the bullets go where I want them to go.
<br>
<br>I will forever avoid anything from EAA as though it was an ugly syphalitic whore with AIDs.
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264
<br>
<br>PS No offense is intended toward any ugly syphalitic whore with AIDs who might read this post. :-)

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What if the whore's good looking???;)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
pointer,
<br>
<br>I have never personally seen one of those.
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Swede96, As you are probably aware, EAA is an importer like charles daly or the old interarms. Since they do not manufacture guns their firearms may run a broad spectrum with regard to quality. I have an EAA Baikal 12 ga over under that is a great firearm. I have handled one of the brno 98's at a gun show and read a couple of writeups and I'd say they are a pretty good buy.
<br>
<br>Having said that, I think the new Charles daly 98 imports may be better. The Charles Daly is supposed to be the same as the old interarms mark X.
<br>
<br>Good shooting, weagle

IC B2

Swede96 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Weagle: I had a Interarms mark X a long time ago and was not too impressed with it. It worked but it didn't feel and sound like a quality action. If you work the bolt on a VZ-24 or a South American contract 98 or better yet a 1909 Argentinian, You know it's a forged and machined action that WILL FEED and function with the round it was designed for. Now i read a writeup in a magazine and they claim that this BRNO actioned Mauser from EAA is the same quality but with todays better steel and heat treat. Now i love the Mauser 98 and they can be made to shoot too, But i need to hear from someone who has shot one and get his impression of the gun. Or i might just buy one to see for myself! Good excuse for a new gun huh? Quality check! Thanks for your response, Swede96.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Swede96, If you get one of the brnos I'd love to here the results. I have an interarms mark x in 308 that I am very happy with. The only reason I purchased it was because it was priced at $200, but it has turned out to be a real shooter. It will be interesting to see if either the bruno or the new charles daly mark x gain any market acceptance. Good shooting, Weagle

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Swede96-
<br>
<br>Did you get one of the BRNO EAA 98's yet or learned any more info about them? The opinions of these rifles that I have seen on other forums run from the "buy of a lifetime" to absolute junk. Several posters on Hunt-America have even claimed that these are refinished surplus VZ-24's.
<br>
<br>I've been thinking about one in 30-06 myself, so any more info you get on one of these rifles would be appreciated.
<br>
<br>Thanks,

-Matt
Swede96 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Dutch: I haven't bought one yet as i am still sitting on the fence hoping someone will tell us what we need to know about these rifles. I would hate to buy one and regret it. Swede96.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm sitting on the fence myself regarding these rifles. Hopefully somebody who has one already will post some info on them.
<br>
<br>I do know that they have the 2 stage military trigger and the 3 stage military safety, which would both need to be changed. That doesn't bother me as I prefer Timney triggers and Winchester style 2 or 3 position safeties. I can even live with the stock. Mostly worried about how well they shoot and the quality of the action.

-Matt
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,346
Posts18,526,939
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.