Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 67 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 66 67
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I kept thinking of the fraternity initiation in Animal House .

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I kept thinking of the fraternity initiation in Animal House .

i had my brother join the Elks as soon as he was 21....i was sick during his initiation and didnt see him again until the next meeting night....Sam and i were in the back of the room talking quietly and he was telling me he had no clue what was going on or what to expect during the whole thing.....not being able to resist a good opening i asked:

me: "What did you think of the goat?"
S: goat? what goat?
me: they didnt bring out the goat, chit must not have been able to get it in, forget i said anything they will get you at the next initiation....
S: WTF HAPPENS WITH THE GOAT!
m: dont worry bout it it only hurts for a sec but ive said to much...
S:WTF you mean it only hurts for a sec TELL ME ABOUT THE PHUGGIN GOAT!

course bout this time we get yelled at for being loud and he sits and stews about it all night.......and most the next week laugh

Last edited by rattler; 12/10/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by fish head
A young girl in the neighbor where I grew up was involved in a horrible accident that required many months of recovery in a hospital. After she was admitted to the county hospital my dad made arrangements for her to be transferred to the Shiner's Children's Hospital were she underwent many surgeries.

I don't believe the family had insurance or was able to cover any of the costs but it didn't matter. That's what the evil Satan worshiping Masonic Shriners do. Care for those that are unable to provide care for themselves.

Based on the Real Browneye's remarks I'm surprised they didn't sacrifice her in some satanic ritual.

I'm not a "lodge" person but are the Masons and Shriners related?

One must be a Master Mason and either a 32 degree Scottish Rite Mason or a Knight Templar to become a Shriner. All Shriners are Masons.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is false

3rd degree Masons are now allowed into the Shrine

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Ted, is a master mason not a 3rd degree?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes 3rd = Master Mason......In laymon terms Journeyman

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tedthorn
This is false

3rd degree Masons are now allowed into the Shrine

Canadian Rite master masons are eligible for the Shrine, I wasn't aware that American blue lodge masons were not!
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well I will not apologize for keeping my oath. Sure there are lots of things that I could have said to debunk this or confirm that, but I took an oath, willingly, and intended to keep it. I am not afraid of the penalties, it is a matter of honor. There used to be a saying on a gym wall somewhere I was stationed in the Army: Broken Honor, much like a broken coffee cup can be repaired, But the world will always know where the crack was. I swore when I joined the Army; we had the option to Swear or Affirm. I Swore.

Originally Posted by Wtxj
Not worried. Just trying to see what can be mined from todays books (INTERNET). That's all.

What have I learned?
The group (Masons) stick together come hell or high water.
The group doesn't really know the answer to many questions asked on this thread. They only know what has been told to them. (up to whatever degree they are first, second, or third.

They will not give out any info., about what they pledged.
Lots of symbolism used which changes as they progress up the degree.
How do you know who is a what?
By different signs, handshakes etc.
Again lots of symbolism based on very old history in the Mid East.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted By: Wtxj
Not worried. Just trying to see what can be mined from todays books (INTERNET). That's all.

What have I learned?
The group (Masons) stick together come hell or high water.
The group doesn't really know the answer to many questions asked on this thread. They only know what has been told to them. (up to whatever degree they are first, second, or third.

They will not give out any info., about what they pledged.
Lots of symbolism used which changes as they progress up the degree.
How do you know who is a what?
By different signs, handshakes etc.
Again lots of symbolism based on very old history in the Mid East.

Most of what has been asked has been answered, but we are under no obligation to dispose anything .
Simple questions can be answered as there are no secrets, but we are of a wary and careful sort, as there are those that are forever trying to discredit free masonry, and individuals in it from its very origins until today.
it was not so long ago that those afraid of the Free Masons
murdered and persecuted them, thus some questions remain unanswered.
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 12/10/13.

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes you need to keep the oath or any oath you take. Most of the 20 or masons have dropped out and are not defending at this time. I'm just mining the net to see what I can come up with for the fun of it. Lots and lots of information out there. Lots of books on the net now. Even found the turkish first level induction video on the net. Most of it was just like as printed.

But I do tire of the search, Sir.
Just trying to keep this one going for old Fish head. He wants a 1,000 reply's.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Have not had the patience to read all 67 pages, so this may have already been suggested: Google or Bing "Freemasonry and Christianity / Alva McClain"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You sure don't have to worry about this person doing away with you.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If all all of you say about Free Masonry is true-that it is upstanding, uplifting, morally good, God-fearing (that is of [/i] your [i] higher power, and that there also is no conflict with the doctrines of orthodox Christianity (this is especially pertinent for those who are Masons but also claim to be
Christians)-why all the subterfuge, the secrecy, the deception? Why not let the light of day shine on it for all to see its goodness and grace?

You who also claim to be Christians must know also it is wrong to swear oaths and to give allegiance to other than The Lord. Or, perhaps, you did not know that either?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You who also claim to be Christians must know also it is wrong to swear oaths and to give allegiance to other than The Lord. Or, perhaps, you did not know that either?

So putting your hand over your heart, facing the flag, and saying The Pledge of Allegiance is out?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dimebox
Have not had the patience to read all 67 pages, so this may have already been suggested: Google or Bing "Freemasonry and Christianity / Alva McClain"

Interesting if any read this.

http://www.douknow.net/fm_FreemasonryandChristianity.htm

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve

So putting your hand over your heart, facing the flag, and saying The Pledge of Allegiance is out?

In the context of what the scriptures teach, your not so subtle implication might be a matter of personal conscious. Yes, it might be wrong for some.

But what about the first question?

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 12/10/13.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What about 'The Grange? Is that a cult?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Thanks. It's a modern day rendition of the ancient mystery religions of the east.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That about sums it up for me.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steve

Hang around a courthouse for a while and you'll always find some idiot who says he won't "swear" to tell the truth as a witness or a juror because of his Christian faith. Usually, with a little patience, you can get him to promise to tell the truth.

(Not implicating George, here.)

Page 34 of 67 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 66 67

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 16gage, 55 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,318
Posts18,505,767
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.