Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have mixed reactions.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
To no one in particular-

IF, I ask IF, this guy was going to spit, and there's not a bit of proof that he was about to, it would seem that the safest course of action for these officers would have been to step out of range. Instead, officer I'm a big bad ass, decides to assault him.

Like RickyD asked, what if anyone of us did the same thing to this guy? Could we expect leniency and understanding that we were just looking out for our own safety? Not fugging likely.

It's pretty damn sad that due to actions like this and many other incidents, we often have to question the trust we place in law enforcement.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The officer will be out of a job soon.

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hawken
The officer will be out of a job soon.

and the city out of a bunch of money to boot

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The cop made up the spit thing. There was nothing on video even hinting at him spitting. He wanted an excuse to deliver "justice." I wonder if he realized the video was running.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
What's up with all the skin heads on cops lately?

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know there are good cops and I'm thankful for them, but this is just one of the many meatheads' who need to be sent packing.

What he did was uncalled for, as being spat on is not an immediately life threatening act.

Instead of pushing the gentleman's head down where he couldn't spit on anyone, he chose to slam his head into the wall.

Wrong answer.- Think more, lift weights less.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In all honesty if the big fella was paying closer attention and not reacting to sound, he would have seen the drunk was likely experiencing some type of gag reflex from the drink and not spitting. It will cost him and his dept.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I don't know what the cop was really thinking but he went way beyond anything he should have done. Maybe wrestling alligators would be a more suitable job for him.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
He was to stupid to realize the camera was running.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
It seems to me that the cop was just looking for the slightest reason to inflict harm on this guy and now he's screwed for his decision.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just typical cop behavior.

A friend of mine was arrested and handcuffed. While my friend was standing there with his hands cuffed behind his back, for no apparent reason, The local cop slammed his head into the police car so hard that he had to have his ear sown back on before being transported. His deal was having charges dropped if he doesn't bring up a lawsuit.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

A friend of mine was arrested and handcuffed. While my friend was standing there with his hands cuffed behind his back, for no apparent reason, The local cop slammed his head into the police car so hard that he had to have his ear sown back on before being transported. His deal was having charges dropped if he doesn't bring up a lawsuit.
Sounds like a Mafia tactic.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Should have taken the deal and then waited a year and sued the chit out of 'em

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I wouldn't have taken that deal .

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I don't like being spit at.

Nobody does.

If I, non-leo, believe someone in restraints sitting before me might spit at me in the presence of law enforcement officers and I split his head open, would that be justified or would I be arrested?

A spitter, in restraints, gets treated to the spit mask. I know several guys that don't clean spit masks........spitters get to share "product" with each other.

George

Careful George. If someone became infected with a deadly disease do to this practice while in custody, you guys would be liable.

It might be funny, but I would suggest against it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm tired of drunks especially drunk drivers. I'm fed up with car jackings, theft , home invasions. Don't mind seeing a black jack used on low life , maybe some of this KRAP would stop. Everyone knows some one who knows some innocent person who was mistreated by law enforcement. Very seldom I'll bet . Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
I'm tired of drunks especially drunk drivers. I'm fed up with car jackings, theft , home invasions. Don't mind seeing a black jack used on low life , maybe some of this KRAP would stop. Everyone knows some one who knows some innocent person who was mistreated by law enforcement. Very seldom I'll bet . Hasbeen

I thought the court gets to determine who is a low life and what punishment is issued?

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki

I thought the court gets to determine who is a low life and what punishment is issued?

How's that working ?

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

The problem with that mindset is that, to a hammer, everything looks like a nail. If you give hammers free reign to drive nails, a few thumbs will get smashed along the way. That seems ok until you become the thumb.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,887
Posts18,497,869
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.